Word is... (Part II)

GMan

Which means the SWD is now a four team district?

Just a thought, but if Graham and Grundy decided to rejoin, you'd basically have the old SWD from the mid to late 80s:

Tazewell, Richlands, Graham, Grundy and Lebanon.

Plus Abingdon (although it might be easier to just move AHS to the CMD).

Not real happy with the decision because I think they didn't consider the kids at the small schools: Holston & Northwood. Marion definitely knew what they were doing.

Like it really matters? Marion plays most of the Hogo teams anyway. They are in a different playoff classification, so other Hogo teams wouldn't play us anyway. Sometimes its better to play bigger schools, I assume you don't want Holston playing larger schools?

Like it really matters? Marion plays most of the Hogo teams anyway. They are in a different playoff classification, so other Hogo teams wouldn't play us anyway. Sometimes its better to play bigger schools, I assume you don't want Holston playing larger schools?

Think its tough to bring football back at a small school when you are playing those large schools and losing. I talked to a friend from Saltville and he told me they lost 5 players after they played Marion. A small school doesn't replace 5 players and win.

Marion is running from the Falcons. They know what talent is coming and they are trying to get away from the arse kicking that lies ahead. I hate the Candy Canes, plain and simple. Guess our new rival will be the long footed naders.

Marion is running from the Falcons. They know what talent is coming and they are trying to get away from the arse kicking that lies ahead. I hate the Candy Canes, plain and simple. Guess our new rival will be the long footed naders.

I'm hoping we keep you guys on the schedule. Nothing like the sure win against you in the last regular season game every year.

Not real happy with the decision because I think they didn't consider the kids at the small schools: Holston & Northwood. Marion definitely knew what they were doing.

The would think the BDD would gladly welcome Northwood and Holston.

Doesn't the other team have to win a game in the series once in a while for it to be a rivalry ?

Talent is coming lilrhsman, you will see. Remember last year? 8th grade game? haha:rolleyes:

Heard that many times before, and maybe it's true, but the question still stands !

Even "IF" you were to win ONE game in the next couple of years..........one win in the last 10 years or so does not make a rivalry......sorry.

Heard that many times before, and maybe it's true, but the question still stands !

Even "IF" you were to win ONE game in the next couple of years..........one win in the last 10 years or so does not make a rivalry......sorry.

I'm going to be gentle with this one . . . That One Win . . . You guys won't be able to stand it! Because that one will turn into to more. If you thought the Falcons talked now, just wait for that day. Just saying . . .:cool:

I'm going to be gentle with this one . . . That One Win . . . You guys won't be able to stand it! Because that one will turn into to more. If you thought the Falcons talked now, just wait for that day. Just saying . . .:cool:

i bet rhs loves playing the waiting game with the falcons. always wait till next year, next year comes and guess what same thing a loss. and before you say anything at least ghs has won a game in the past several years of bad teams for ghs against rhs. and has won many against rhs over the years, so wait till next year maybe in 20 years you will win one. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

They play each other in sports anyway....again, I don't see the gripe. Marion's enrollment is under 700 now... It's not a David vs. Goliath situation by any means, for anybody.

put your big boy panties on and quit crying

put your big boy panties on and quit crying

Funny you should say that when officials from your school have said privately they are trying to get away from playing Richlands in the regular season to build confidence. I think it is obvious their building false sense of security playing smaller schools. Also, apparently you guys never wore any "big boy" pants in the Southwest District. Have a nice day

Ps: This all stems back to the behavior displayed by your team, coach, and fans when our small school took on your larger school this year in the benefit game.

Edited by cavdaddy

Funny you should say that when officials from your school have said privately they are trying to get away from playing Richlands in the regular season to build confidence. I think it is obvious their building false sense of security playing smaller schools. Also, apparently you guys never wore any "big boy" pants in the Southwest District. Have a nice day

Ps: This all stems back to the behavior displayed by your team, coach, and fans when our small school took on your larger school this year in the benefit game.

If you do some research and realize that in the new Piedmont, a school of over 2,000 is playing in the same distrcit as schools with 600. Your points are non-valid and the fact that you already play them makes your argument even less valid.