Mid -Season

wave316

Well we are amazingly halfway thru the season ...going by quite fast...Who at this point are the areas top performers in the following positions....Qb, Rb , Wr, Oline, Dline, Dbs, Kickers?? ..Clintwood's Gavan Meade is having a monster of a season thus far...close to 1000 yds rushing...Union stacked 9 men in the box and he still finished with 142 yds rushing... Qb ,Dylan Dahley of the Wave is doing very well at Qb also....who stands out in your minds?:)

I've enjoyed watching Dillion Bailey for Hurley this year. Dillion is a north& south runner and has good blocking skills. Dillion is a throwback player from days passed. The old guys(me included) standing against the fence LOVE HIM!!!!:D

The People's brothers from Galax.

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/highschool/wb/314253

Through 5 games, Donte has 917 yards rushing on 103 carries and 13 touchdowns and Steven has 779 yards rushing on 86 carries and 10 touchdowns.

We will see how this continues as the schedule gets tougher with three or the next five games coming at Fort Chiswell and hosting Graham and Grayson.

The Mutter kid is the best K/P around as far as I'm concerned...I've seen more 60+ yard and 70+ yard punts this year than I have all my years of watching high school football combined.

He's been somewhat limited by Grundy's playing from behind and trying to catch up on kicking FG's...more often than not, Grundy has been down and needed a TD to get back in the game.

He did miss a 50 yarder at Lebanon...went wide right but it was hooking back in at the end, would have been good from 60 yards and he had the length on it.

The Mutter kid is the best K/P around as far as I'm concerned...I've seen more 60+ yard and 70+ yard punts this year than I have all my years of watching high school football combined.

He's been somewhat limited by Grundy's playing from behind and trying to catch up on kicking FG's...more often than not, Grundy has been down and needed a TD to get back in the game.

He did miss a 50 yarder at Lebanon...went wide right but it was hooking back in at the end, would have been good from 60 yards and he had the length on it.

He is impressive. I hope some college gives him a chance.

For QB - Gray Baker (Richlands)

Through 6 games:

TD's thrown - 13 (10 per BHC -before Honaker game) Baker threw 3 to A.J. Johnson in that game

TD's rushing - 2 or 3 (estimate on this one)

Also, Ty Hall (Honaker) has thrown 12 TD's through 6 games (per BHC)

Life has many choices---eternity two

Edited by tbgfan

He is impressive. I hope some college gives him a chance.

me to...he has been invited to a lot of invitation only camps for a while now, so he's gotta be on the radar.

good kid, and he's even stepped in to play DB and WR due to the amount of injuries Grundy has suffered.

I've enjoyed watching Dillion Bailey for Hurley this year. Dillion is a north& south runner and has good blocking skills. Dillion is a throwback player from days passed. The old guys(me included) standing against the fence LOVE HIM!!!!:D

he is averaging 100 yards a game since taking over as a starter .

I figured it up and I have him at 498 yards as of right now. Not bad for only four games at RB plus when you look at the fact that they have multiple runners with Gibson, Jones, and Charles also getting a lot of carries as well.

Cody Rogers- John Battle

It'd be very hard to find a better football player in SWVA. Every time he touches the football...he is 1 missed tackle from taking it to the house. I dont think anyone in SWVA can catch him from behind.

Michael Horton from Richlands. He is a hard hitting player on D, O and all of the special teams. Better make sure your mouth piece is in and your chin strap is snapped when he is around.

What grade is Horton in?

I think both Milhorne and Barlow are becoming the most fierce running back tandem in the area. Both have been instrumental in pushing us to a 4-2 record and one couldn't find any more competitive kids. Both rushed for over 150 yards a piece Friday night and don't seem to be slowing down. Very proud of them and the Cavs for getting on a roll. Hats off to Coach Matlock and the job he and his staff are doing this year.

I think both Milhorne and Barlow are becoming the most fierce running back tandem in the area. Both have been instrumental in pushing us to a 4-2 record and one couldn't find any more competitive kids. Both rushed for over 150 yards a piece Friday night and don't seem to be slowing down. Very proud of them and the Cavs for getting on a roll. Hats off to Coach Matlock and the job he and his staff are doing this year.

I agree. I was at the game Friday night, and I was impressed by both of them. They are both quick and agile. Milhorne has explosive speed considering he is so bulky.

I agree. I was at the game Friday night, and I was impressed by both of them. They are both quick and agile. Milhorne has explosive speed considering he is so bulky.

Yes indeed he does. Think the off season work has paid off for him. I think it has for both of them and a good coach like Matlock knows how to get the ball in their hands too.

I actually see VHS getting stronger and stronger. They had a couple let downs against Battle and Union while trying to find all the.peices to the puzzle. It seems if they are in.place. I would look for them to finish out strong and maybe win a playoff game or.two.

VHS will have to pass the ball to beat Gate City. Maybe not complete many, but atleast attempt some. Battle had a rough passing night against the Devils but atleast attempted around 15 or so.. If VHS just throws 2 or 3 passes like usual, the Devils will load the box.

VHS will have to pass the ball to beat Gate City. Maybe not complete many, but atleast attempt some. Battle had a rough passing night against the Devils but atleast attempted around 15 or so.. If VHS just throws 2 or 3 passes like usual, the Devils will load the box.

And you think VHS isn't already used to someone loading the box? Va high will do as they have been doing, load up and come right at you so you will load the box then hit you over the top or around the end. I don't see GC have much success running the ball and QB may.not have time to throw much unless on run. It will be a good game. What I'm interested in is this may show if and how much VHS has improved since getting off to a slow start. I know you can't compare teams that play but GC vs Battle and VHS vs Battle were both close. I honestly think VHS was a lot better then Battle but had a bad game. If GC game is close I was wrong but if Va high wins big then I was right. No disrespect to the Devils I pull for you except when playing VHS.

Other than the fact VHS gets to host the game, that is a little to the Cats advantage, you are correct. This will prove a lot about them. With all the adjustments made during the course of the season this game should not be a problem. It will be a good solid performance and prove a point to many.