The Backyard Brawl

Ryan4VT

It's that time of year again. Dawgs vs Tornados. 2-7 vs 8-1. Tazewell at Richlands. Tazewell is on a roll and Richlands had an extra week to get rested and the kinks out of the new offense. I'm taking RHS by 24.

Thoughts? Discussions? Go.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richlands by four scores. Way more physical and too much speed. From what i seen Last night Tazewell may score some with the two wide outs by going deep(20 & 21). They have good speed and athletic.

Its just my opinion Richlands at home with a much needed week off to heal from 11 straight weeks of playing football, they are very ready to get back on the field. Just too many weapons along with bigger, faster, and more physical players. That's not saying the Bulldogs don't have that. Its just we have more in my opinion.

I think it will be a better game than it has been in recent years. Hope Hurricane Sandy don't wipe it out.

I like this talk.... Everyone said last week that the Dirtybirds will win by 4 tds or more!!!!!

I didn't say it. I predicted that the Falcons would quit and they did. Coach Allen and the young Dawgs got it going in the right direction. The Blues front 7 have been physical on defense all year, but the O-line and the DB 's have yet to impress me. Losing Baker was a big set back but Horton has proven he can keep the chains moving. If only B. brown would realize what natural gifts he has then Richlands might compete for another Regional title. As it is now, I think the Dawgs will shoot themselves in the foot just because they seem to psych themselves out against Richlands. The Blues are the better team but I would love to see a Richlands Tazewell game like the good ole days even if the Dawgs could find a way to pull the upset. Good Luck to both teams and I hope the two communities have a lot of FUN this week with all the smack talk.

I like this talk.... Everyone said last week that the Dirtybirds will win by 4 tds or more!!!!!

That's just not true. Make your pick if you have a different opinion. We do this every week. It's not like we're just picking on poor little Tazewell.

Blueinbama is right and i never said that either. I have been on here three weeks in a row praising Tazewell! I agree with Blueinbama also about your prediction, where is it? Ryan started the thread and we gave our thoughts and opinions on what the outcome may be.

Now you have ours .......what is yours? We are not bashing the Bulldogs and if you read the posts the last several weeks you will see that almost everybody on here have pulled for you all. If the truth be told most will probably be pulling for you guys this week also.

Its just now you all are playing the Blues and do you think for a second we are going to sugar coat our thoughts on the Backyard Brawl? No way! We are not disrespecting you all neither. This is our opinions as stated several times now. I do expect this to be a better game than in the past. You guys are riding high now and should be. Very, very proud of the way you all have played lately. Its better for all of us in SWVA.

Look i just went back and read all the posts on the Falcons and Bulldogs thread. Not one Richlands fan including me even predicted the Falcons to win. I even said ; on paper they should win but if Tazewell creates a few turnovers they can win and you guys did. Congratulations again on the great win.

You just called us out and it was not correct. I would not have responded if it had not been for how most of us on here have pulled for you guys openly. I know we are not going to receive many favorable posts but when they are not correct that's different.

Where did he say richlands fans were the only ones picking a loss to Abingdon? Most people did pick tazewell to lose and both of you 2 have richlands winning big. I read it as he believes it will be motivation for Tazewell this week again. You guys need to quit being so defensive. There is more trash talked about tazewell than any other team besides abingdon on here. Aren't you glad I don't defend it all? Lol

I just hope both teams stay healthy and get in the playoffs. Tazewell could use an extra week or two in pads.

I took up for Richlands fans. Richlands fans didn't say that and yes I am picking us by four scores in this game. His post was about Abingdon. It may be a lot closer than four scores but I don't think it will.

I will be the first to admit I was wrong, but man alive that would hurt! Good luck

Where did he say richlands fans were the only ones picking a loss to Abingdon? Most people did pick tazewell to lose and both of you 2 have richlands winning big. I read it as he believes it will be motivation for Tazewell this week again. You guys need to quit being so defensive. There is more trash talked about tazewell than any other team besides abingdon on here. Aren't you glad I don't defend it all? Lol

I just hope both teams stay healthy and get in the playoffs. Tazewell could use an extra week or two in pads.

Speaking of motivation all the blues need to do is listen to the end of the tazewell radio brodcast last night, a few of the remarks made by the one guy on there should be all the motivation the blues need.

Speaking of motivation all the blues need to do is listen to the end of the tazewell radio brodcast last night, a few of the remarks made by the one guy on there should be all the motivation the blues need.

What was said? I turned over to listen to the gmen and missed it!

The next time you get under my skin will be the first.

It's just BD52 being himself. Nothing against him. He's just literally the worlds largest Richlands hater. Where as most of us RHS fans pull for Tazewell 9 of the 10 weeks, he wants us to lose by 200 every night. That's all. Lol

Where are you Ryan? I cant believe you haven't chimed in.

Been running the chainsaw in the haunted barn in Claypool Hill the last two nights. Hasn't had much time to respond. Lol. But, we are done now for the year.