The Backyard Brawl

Ryan4VT

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a win for sure, but no matter what the outcome shall be, I just can't wait to witness the atmosphere of the game, you got the flaming R helmet in one end zone the Big Bulldog in the other, all the fans cheering.... Hell yeah what football is all about!

Absolutely ! Should be a great atmosphere !

Not the game I was expecting. Richlands looked like they played their best all year and Tazewell looked like they did day one... I was very disappointed in the way the boys played. None of them looked like they gave over 60%. Wish Tazewell would have brought the same team they did the last two weeks. The Refs played more then the kids, Im surprised their arms didn't fall off with all those penalties both ways!!

Not the game I was expecting. Richlands looked like they played their best all year and Tazewell looked like they did day one... I was very disappointed in the way the boys played. None of them looked like they gave over 60%. Wish Tazewell would have brought the same team they did the last two weeks. The Refs played more then the kids, Im surprised their arms didn't fall off with all those penalties both ways!!

How much effort did you give??

Maybe just maybe the other team had something to do with how tazewell looked! They were not playing Carroll or abingdon!!!!

If Tazewell wouldn't have tried, then Richlands would have put 100 points on the board... That was one of the most idiotic post I have read on this board!

If Tazewell wouldn't have tried, then Richlands would have put 100 points on the board... That was one of the most idiotic post I have read on this board!

If Mance had put his foot on the throttle in the 4th, we could have skirted with it. Tazewell couldn't stop our passing game all day.

Anyone else notice that the Tazewell radio crew had to sit outside the press box? I wonder if it had to do with the remarks they said about richlands last week after they beat Abingdon? I'm guessing our guys will be outside next year, no matter what kind of weather, lol

Anyone else notice that the Tazewell radio crew had to sit outside the press box? I wonder if it had to do with the remarks they said about richlands last week after they beat Abingdon? I'm guessing our guys will be outside next year, no matter what kind of weather, lol

knowing larry he complained the entire time and would have complained inside or outside the pressbox the fact that he got a chair something he has complained for years about not having at Richlands may have made him happier sitting outside.

I was going to ask about their radio crew being put outside the booth. I had a couple of family members and a friend that lives in Tazewell and they called me and wanted to know why we kicked their radio crew outside............I said, how in the h e double L am I suppose to know ! I don't run the Richlands booth.

I do wonder what happen though. I know I have heard one our crews talk about how good they are treated at Tazewell............well, I bet that will change now.....lol.......no more food and shelter for the blues crew at Tazewell !

I was going to ask about their radio crew being put outside the booth. I had a couple of family members and a friend that lives in Tazewell and they called me and wanted to know why we kicked their radio crew outside............I said, how in the h e double L am I suppose to know ! I don't run the Richlands booth.

I do wonder what happen though. I know I have heard one our crews talk about how good they are treated at Tazewell............well, I bet that will change now.....lol.......no more food and shelter for the blues crew at Tazewell !

The Richlands Press Box is small and that is putting it nicely compared to tazewell and most other press boxes in the area. When the away radio crew comes to the game they get to stand next to the Richlands radio crew basicly arm to arm the whole game. Now with that being said when Richlands goes to tazewell they do lay out a spread of sandwhiches and pizza and drinks and everything for everyone to enjoy and the entire night they bring it up its the same thing everytime they talk about the fact they give the radio crew chairs how they feed us and how Richlands is basicly crap when it comes to anything other than the on the field stuff lol. I know one preacher that was ready to fight up there in the booth one night because it got so bad as far as the comments its a all night event lol. With that being said they will still let Richlands in the booth its 50 bucks for them per radio station if they do.

I watched both carrol and abingdon games richands played. They did not play tazewell the same way they played those teams. Im sure the Rivalry had a good part of it. Football is not all about winning, believe it or not but a big part of the game is sportsmanship. And only a few of richlands players and apparently the "pressbox people" lacked that. The most disciplined team had the less penalties and less players kicked out. Now I didnt say the better team didnt win. The team that played the best won, but I would rather have a bunch of well disciplined young men then a bunch of kids thats are out taunting around and acting like "thugs". (This isn't for every richlands kid by any means, I saw a few help some tazewell boys up). The Richands coaches didnt even say anything to the kid that was yelling at the tazewell fans and blowing kisses, he just turned and patted him on the back. Kids will be kids and by that age should be responsible for their own actions, but dang coaches teach some discipline!

I didnt say tazewell didnt try. GO back to your retirement home.

I watched both carrol and abingdon games richands played. They did not play tazewell the same way they played those teams. Im sure the Rivalry had a good part of it. Football is not all about winning, believe it or not but a big part of the game is sportsmanship. And only a few of richlands players and apparently the "pressbox people" lacked that. The most disciplined team had the less penalties and less players kicked out. Now I didnt say the better team didnt win. The team that played the best won, but I would rather have a bunch of well disciplined young men then a bunch of kids thats are out taunting around and acting like "thugs". (This isn't for every richlands kid by any means, I saw a few help some tazewell boys up). The Richands coaches didnt even say anything to the kid that was yelling at the tazewell fans and blowing kisses, he just turned and patted him on the back. Kids will be kids and by that age should be responsible for their own actions, but dang coaches teach some discipline!

It was a emotional game magnified by a bunch of junk from trash talk on computers and sidelines.

Did you see what the dawg qb did to number 37. It was on both sides..............

Rivalary,,,, backyard brawl......

It's kind of like politics when your winning the losers are going to try to beat you with words because thats all they got. When ya take years and years of everybody's sour grapes, well it kind of makes you sour and unfortunely some will respond that way.

Why discipline the kid infront of a thousand people when you can do the same thing in the field house without the world seeing it. That is why kids love to play for coach mance they know he is going to do what is best for them and the team to bring success to the program and jumping on a kid in public is not the way to go about handling a player that got caught up in the moment.

Check out the picture on facebook.....Tazewell fans holding up a picture of A. J., as a dinosaur. I don't blame him for blowing a kiss. Great sportsmanship?????

Doesn't matter what fans do, they're not playing the game. Players should never interact with fans.

Check out the picture on facebook.....Tazewell fans holding up a picture of A. J., as a dinosaur. I don't blame him for blowing a kiss. Great sportsmanship?????

Football players play football! They don't play the fans!!!! That's no excuse!

Football players play football! They don't play the fans!!!! That's no excuse!

Have you ever watched a college football game? The away team plays the 11 on the field and everyone in that stadium. To say fans don't play a part is naive.

Have you ever watched a college football game? The away team plays the 11 on the field and everyone in that stadium. To say fans don't play a part is naive.

Losers allow the fans to play a part.....winners don't .