Tazewell vs Marion (playoff)

Lance

So...I'm going with Tazewell by 7+ in this one...what do you guys think?

Tazewell seems to be getting it going at the right time, Richlands creamed them, but they would cream Marion as well. I think playing Richlands might have actually helped them out.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just glad Marion seems to be playing an entire game in the last half of the year. The two lineman return and I believe Richardson will be too much once again. I say the Canes by 10+. I agree Tazewell has got much better and they very well could beat us but I think our defense is a little better. Richlands put 24 on us and that was with Baker at qb.

Edited by HurricaneWarning

so what happened with Marion/Abingon? I expected a blowout.

I will give Abingdon credit, their defense played hard and had us on our toes all night. They contained Ethan pretty well other than a few big runs he broke. I will say if they come out looking flat on offense I expect a Tazewell win. Plus it seems like we have a tough time sometimes playing the Falcons down there.

Edited by HurricaneWarning

Ethan Richardson will pull a Colton Staten on Tazewell, possibly even get 200 yards. Could be closer than last time, but Marion should take care of business

I do not agree the the 200 yards rushing...Can you say padded stats or something? He had 2 long runs, 1 i know was called back by a holding call. Richlands didn't run on Tazewell. They passed, and the passed killed them. Staten runs hard, but idk where ppl get this 200 yards rushing from?

how is Marion against the pass? Tazewell has found something in going to that #20 kid...he get up there and has good hands and speed...every time he broke free against Richlands no one could catch him in the open...If I was Tazewell I'd be throwing deep to that kid all the time.

Richlands had 301 rushing yds. against the Dawgs. Staten 211 yds in the game

Richlands had 242 passing yds. against the Dawgs.

Richlands had 130 yds. in penalties

Tazewell had 102 yds. in penalties

Check the article in the BDT today

Now back to this thread being about Tazewell and Marion...

Edited by trublue

I do not agree the the 200 yards rushing...Can you say padded stats or something? He had 2 long runs, 1 i know was called back by a holding call. Richlands didn't run on Tazewell. They passed, and the passed killed them. Staten runs hard, but idk where ppl get this 200 yards rushing from?

Look at the stats in the news paper, richlands 301 yards rushing staton had 211. Padded stats you got to be kidding. Richlands threw for 242 they pretty much did what they wonted to on o.

Our rush defense has really tightned up. Richlands really didn't gain on us until late in the game. I will be very curious to see what the rematch will hold since we didn't have Cody against Marion the first time. Should be a good game and I beleive it will be a close one with a good shot at winning for the Dogs.

Our rush defense has really tightned up. Richlands really didn't gain on us until late in the game. I will be very curious to see what the rematch will hold since we didn't have Cody against Marion the first time. Should be a good game and I beleive it will be a close one with a good shot at winning for the Dogs.

I forgot all about that, Mccann wasn't at QB that game, it was the freshman....

AHS was down two key players that play both ways against Marion. We let that kid get behind us on that last TD. Talk about padded stats..I didn't think Richardson had anywhere near 200 yards..I guessed about 130-50. He had one long TD run and I think that was his only long run. He carried 27 times so maybe he did have that many yards against us. All excuses aside, we seriously play 9 guys both ways and those guys, obviously, get very tired about half way thru the 3rd qtr. What ticks me off is that we have a number of good players that coukd spell some of those guys for a couple of series in the third. Also, when you combine the games against RHS and THS we threw 9 picks...yes 9! Can't figure out what Bowles is thinking...we have another option that has the ability to get the job done. Just start a QB competition at least. Our staff has created a TON of questions that nobody from the admin will nut up and answer. Anyway, good luck to all teams and while I fully expect us to lose to Cave Spring I will say "thats why they play the game"....

did i miss something,didnt we beat taz handly and then they won a game they wasnt suppose to..that being abingdon. ..we play at home and the result will be the same..2-8 dosent cut it guys..srry..if ph is in the playoffs anybody can get in..im not buyin into the green kool aid..28-13 marion..taz stays close till middle of the 2nd q

I think Marion will win but tazewell is playing better and thats good to see and if the dawgs win congrats you wont hear me talking crap either way. Marion is going to have a good bball team this year so if we lose we can get started on that