Tazewell vs Marion (playoff)

Lance

did i miss something,didnt we beat taz handly and then they won a game they wasnt suppose to..that being abingdon. ..we play at home and the result will be the same..2-8 dosent cut it guys..srry..if ph is in the playoffs anybody can get in..im not buyin into the green kool aid..28-13 marion..taz stays close till middle of the 2nd q

We may very well lose the game and now I'm going to start sounding like two others around here but when you have several injuries coming into that game, it is tough to say what you will see for sure. We probably would not have won with our regular team that night however our team is clicking much better than they were four weeks ago. Win or lose I think this will be a very close one.

Have they set the date/time yet? I assume friday but want to make sure.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We may very well lose the game and now I'm going to start sounding like two others around here but when you have several injuries coming into that game, it is tough to say what you will see for sure. We probably would not have won with our regular team that night however our team is clicking much better than they were four weeks ago. Win or lose I think this will be a very close one.

Have they set the date/time yet? I assume friday but want to make sure.

To the best of my knowledge it will be 7:30 on Friday.

Tazewell has found something, for the first time in a long time they think that they can win. We were missing our starting QB. I think the defense is playing better. I say Tazewell by 7.

Tazewell has found something, for the first time in a long time they think that they can win. We were missing our starting QB. I think the defense is playing better. I say Tazewell by 7.

I still think if they can get as fired up for the playoff game as they were for Richlands, and can play with that sort of intensity, then Marion might not know what hit them by the time its over with. I'd do two things...i'd throw it deep to that #20 kid all night, and I'd get rid of that stupid trap play to #11...that is just a waste of a down...unless it's like 3rd and 1 because that's a 1 yard play...if you want to run between the tackles then just go to a power I and run it or something...that trap play is not going to fool anyone...just stop it already...and don't bother telling me how you had success with it all year, i'm not buying it.

good luck to the (under) Dawgs.

#11 is TJ Rasnick's brother, Carter--

He had a good game against the Blues--

Life has many choices---eternity two

nothing wrong with running #11...he was fine...it's just that play sucks. You need a better line to make that work Carlock style....throw it out.

Good luck to both teams, but I would like to see the Bulldogs get the win. All who cross the mountain have a safe trip. No offence to Marion but tonight I am a Blue fan rooting for the Bulldogs.:D

No offense taken, good luck to both teams. Hopefully both teams will escape with no injuries and I hope for all a safe trip over as well!!

I always pull for Tazewell when they aren't playing Richlands, but after some of the comments that I recieved from my ex-Tazewell friends about Richlands team, coaches, fans, community, etc... I will be pulling for Marion. If the Dawgs were to pull it off I only hope they could find a way to win next week and hope the Blues take care of business so a rematch of the Kissing Booth can take place for the Regional Championship. Wouldn't that be FUN!!! Good Luck to all area teams and safe travels for all fans!

I always pull for Tazewell when they aren't playing Richlands, but after some of the comments that I recieved from my ex-Tazewell friends about Richlands team, coaches, fans, community, etc... I will be pulling for Marion. If the Dawgs were to pull it off I only hope they could find a way to win next week and hope the Blues take care of business so a rematch of the Kissing Booth can take place for the Regional Championship. Wouldn't that be FUN!!! Good Luck to all area teams and safe travels for all fans!

Same here. Same here.

Damn Tazewell....I thought they would win this one...what happened???

My two cents is this. Tazewell came out fired up and was moving the ball well and held Marion. Then a couple of bad calls took the wind out of their sails and they never really recovered from it. Refs were about the same quality that I have seen before in the usual state. Bottom line is they just seemed flat and not playing with the same intensity after the fumble.

Either way great job guys on making it to the playoffs and continue building on that for next year.

My two cents is this. Tazewell came out fired up and was moving the ball well and held Marion. Then a couple of bad calls took the wind out of their sails and they never really recovered from it. Refs were about the same quality that I have seen before in the usual state. Bottom line is they just seemed flat and not playing with the same intensity after the fumble.

Either way great job guys on making it to the playoffs and continue building on that for next year.

In a 42-6 game, there is always more to blame than the officials. I don't know if those calls were bad calls or not because I didn't attend or listen to the game, but don't blame the refs in a blowout. Maybe Marion outplayed Tazewell? Just a guess.

Tazewell has some soul searching to do this off season (just leave the coach alone and don't run him off)...with the amount of talent they have there, no way they should be a 2-9 team. I think we get all of the Tazewell Co. teams back on the schedule next year...should be a fun year.

Tazewell has some soul searching to do this off season (just leave the coach alone and don't run him off)...with the amount of talent they have there, no way they should be a 2-9 team. I think we get all of the Tazewell Co. teams back on the schedule next year...should be a fun year.

I agree they have to much talent to have only won 2 games. An issue that I noticed both times we played them though was thug play. They had no discipline and resorted to some cheap shots which got called on them by the officials. The coach can hopefully get a handle on that before next year.