12-1-12 Score Updates

BlueTornadoFan

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SWVA Football‏@SWVAFootball

George Wythe upsets unbeaten Franklin 27-21 to advance to the Div. 1 State Championship. They will play Honaker this Saturday.

roanoke.com sports‏@timesland

George Wythe holds off a furious second-half rally by Franklin. The Maroons ice the game with an interception. GWythe 27, Franklin 21. Final

Great State

Edited by trublue

Jeff Malmgren‏@jeffmalmgren

AA D-3 state semis: James Monroe 23, Kettle Run 20. David Dit made a 23-yard field goal on Yellow Jackets' possession in 1st overtime.

WinchesterStarSports‏@WinStarSports1

Former #Pioneer @egreen11vt posts a new career high (28 pts) to lead Virginia Tech to upset of No. 15 Oklahoma State. Green was 12-13 on FTs

ESPNradio941‏@ESPNradio941

ODU 35 Coastal Car 21. Monarchs score on first drive of half. 12:36 3rdQ

recruit757‏@Recruit757

3:00 left: North Stafford 21, Lake Taylor 20. Titans score a TD, but two-point try fails.

Great State

Jeff Malmgren‏@jeffmalmgren

AA D-3 state semis: James Monroe 37, Kettle Run 30. Darryl Dyson scored on 10-yd pass from Jay Scroggins on JM possession in 3rd overtime.

ABC13 Sports‏@13Sports

James Monroe and Kettle Run in OVERTIME. Winner gets Brookville.

Matthew Hatfield‏@hatfieldsports

Final - Lake Taylor 23, North Stafford 21. Titans win it on a field goal at the end. LT plays winner of Stone Bridge/Hanover.

Great State

WOW!!! What else can you say about Honaker!!! The Tigers should be proud of themselves for the fight they put forth today.

BDD PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Let's not forget the GW Maroons, heck of a effort for you guys!!!!

HOGO PRIDE!!!!!!!!!:D

SWVA PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! at Salem

Unbelievable! I did not get to listen or follow the game this week due to my Air Force unit's Christmas Party. Without knowing the score, I just went through each thread from the beginning. At first my jaw dropped when we went down big early and my heart was beating faster as I kept reading. What an effort by the Tigers and as someone mentioned in an earlier post, I'd love to have heard what Coach Hubbard said at halftime! Great job Honaker Tigers. You'd better believe I'll be listening next Saturday from here in Germany!

Wow. What a game. Atmosphere was nuts pre game. I don't think anyone sat down the entire second half. Honakers band played constantly and kept it loud. The crowd was crazy. Just an intense atmosphere. Huge congrats to the Tigers from Sussex on a great season and safe travels home. And a bigger congratulations to the Honaker Tigers!!! Now just trying to find a ride to Salem next week. Lol.

Also, congrats to GW on an impressive win.

And congrats to Battle on a magical season. Hate to see it end. But you shouldn't hang your head.

I was there also and it WAS a fantastic atmosphere !!! Big heart on the Tigers team ! At the half I was thinking that I would watch the first 2 possessions and see what happens and then leave............man, glad i stayed......just a fantastic game.

I will be going to Salem next week !

Congrats to GW on their win ! Proud of both teams, and congrats to Battle on a great year !

Congrats to the Tigers on their win!!!

I will be coming up that way for church tomorrow, so I decided I would listen to the game at home. Could not pick up the game on my radio at the house, so I drove to Abingdon's Kmart parking lot and listened to the game.

I thought if it doesn't go well by the end of the 3rd, I will go home, but the Tigers scored on their opening drive, so I stayed.

Was texting a relative updates to the game, as he is a former Tiger who played for Coach Hubbard.

Proud of you Tigers, you came to play the whole game, glad your "mo" was in the second half--

Congrats to the George Wythe Maroons on their win--listened to their game last week against Clintwood.

Lastly, congrats to the John Battle Trojans---what a great season for you guys!!! This season has made a great foundation for you to continue to build on. Loved the passion the team and community had for the Trojans.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Congrats to Honaker and George Wythe! D1 showing that SWVA is still deserving of that state title!

And congrats to Battle on an amazing season! It was a tough loss, but Essex is a really good team (and now the only two teams to beat Battle this year are in the D1 and D2 state title games). And as a testament to our fans, the visitor's side at Essex was packed 3 HOURS before the game started while the home side still wasn't halfway full 10 minutes before the game (and the visitors side had a lot more seating too). Let's do it again next year Trojans!