Connecticut school shooting

The dream was the week before, on December 7th or 8th

Life has many choices---eternity two

I'm glad that someone else has premonitions like I do...I thought I was just weird. Very sad that this one came to pass, though...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make his trial very short and his execution very public and very painful. People who can do this should know what is waiting for them. There should be no "political correctness" when dealing with a crime such as this.

Didn't have all the info. when I posted this. Saw someone in custody on the news. Turned out to be the shooters brother I think. I didn't know that he committed suicide. I agree with the thought that gun legislation is not a viable solution. That is basically keeping honest people honest. Criminals and people that are contemplating this type of crime will find a firearm before you and I. Tired of politicians using these tragedies to further "stronger gun control." We need "stronger idiot control."

In 2008/2009 I had to fly for my companies national sales meeting. It was my first time flying and I was excited but very nervous too. I flew from Roanoke to Atlanta to Memphis, and Memphis to Atlanta to Roanoke on the way back.

When I landed in Roanoke I felt relieved but also much more confident about flying. Then a few hours later I turn on the news and see where an airplane crashed near Buffalo, New York...killing all on board and others on the ground.

The timing of that crash was just crazy.

It's a shame that he wasnt caught before committing suicide. Death was such an easy way out for this low life. He didnt deserve anything easy.

still sick to my stomach over this.... I couldnt get it out of my head when I was putting my daughter on the school bus this morning. We cant keep being passive when it comes to these school shootings. It's time to be active and start protecting these kids.

I have been reading a lot of comments on articles concerning the shooting in CT. One commenter asked "how many 6 year old's lives are owning assault weapons worth?" Obviously most people would say none.

What sprung to my mind was how many of the gun control crowd are also pro-abortion? How many lives have been lost due to abortion? I would guarantee that the numbers are not even close?

I have been reading a lot of comments on articles concerning the shooting in CT. One commenter asked "how many 6 year old's lives are owning assault weapons worth?" Obviously most people would say none.

I would love to ask that talking head "how many 6-year-old lives would have been saved IF the mother had locked the guns up in a safe, inside a house where a mentally ill person lived?"

I would love to ask that talking head "how many 6-year-old lives would have been saved IF the mother had locked the guns up in a safe, inside a house where a mentally ill person lived?"

GMan, it seems as if you are saying she should have been responsible and used common sense?

Sir, you ask too much.

GMan, it seems as if you are saying she should have been responsible and used common sense?

Sir, you ask too much.

Actually he is right in a sense. She was an irresponsible parent. The ultimate blame is on because he carried out the acts but it seems as if she was a terrible parent.

It actually was not a talking head, but someone commenting on an article. I have been reading comments just to judge what some of the anti-gun people feel.

I agree entirely with where you are going. If either of my children ever showed signs of depression, mental illness, or anything else they wouldn't be able to find any of my guns or ammo unless they ripped floor boards up.

Why is this limited to only schools though?

What about Hospitals, shopping centers and other community places like that.

How do you defend those as well?

Two thoughts.

One, the public has a right to be in those places, which is not the case with schools.

Two, armed security + metal detectors there, too.

If the guy was set on killing people, could have just waited until after school and driven a car through the playground or anything of the sort...lots of ways to kill people...all this gun control stuff is nothing more than those with an agenda trying to seize the moment to forward their own cause...and it's wrong....kinda like the Patriot Act...never should have been passed, but the vultures swooped down as quickly as they could to push it.

Why is this limited to only schools though?

What about Hospitals, shopping centers and other community places like that.

How do you defend those as well?

That is what is scary. Sporting events kind of freak me out. I mean at almost every venue I have been to I can simply show my ticket and walk in. I do see womens purses and bags being checked though.

That is what is scary. Sporting events kind of freak me out. I mean at almost every venue I have been to I can simply show my ticket and walk in. I do see womens purses and bags being checked though.

I have thought the same for years.

I was just watching CNN and they was interviewing a guy and he was questioning and trying to blame GOD for the shooting he said where was GOD at why didnt he stop this senseless act.... GOD never promised a bed of roses for anybody while here on earth I was brought up not to question what GOD does or doesnt do but to believe in him no matter the situation..... this was a senseless act but but this guy made a mistake by trying to blame and question GOD IMO

I was just watching CNN and they was interviewing a guy and he was questioning and trying to blame GOD for the shooting he said where was GOD at why didnt he stop this senseless act.... GOD never promised a bed of roses for anybody while here on earth I was brought up not to question what GOD does or doesnt do but to believe in him no matter the situation..... this was a senseless act but but this guy made a mistake by trying to blame and question GOD IMO

Agreed. I think many feel that God controls every action of every day and that isn't so. If you look to him for guidance, you will make a decision full of heart and full of thought. It's obvious this sick bastard did not have GOD in his heart or mind when committing murder and suicide. The guy on CNN, like many of us, are searching for answers. If you feel that God controls everything and when it's "your time," then I'm sure you have doubts and questions. It happens to many during a time like that. You aren't supposed to question God, but he is human. We aren't supposed to sin, but most do everyday in one form or fashion.

My big question with all this is why would you target small children? That is the one thing that brings tears to my eyes and that I can't wrap my mind around it.

COLUMBINE STUDENT'S FATHER 12 YEARS LATER !!

Guess our national leaders didn't expect this. On Thursday, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado, was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful.

They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was it received well. It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert! These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness.. The following is a portion of the transcript:

"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good & evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers.

"The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used.. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.

"In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death.

Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent.

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy -- it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,

Your words are empty air.

You've stripped away our heritage,

You've outlawed simple prayer.

Now gunshots fill our classrooms,

And precious children die.

You seek for answers everywhere,

And ask the question "Why?"

You regulate restrictive laws,

Through legislative creed.

And yet you fail to understand,

That God is what we need!

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact. What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs -- politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive laws. Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.

"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America , and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him. To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA -- I give to you a sincere challenge.. Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone!

My daughter's death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not allow that to happen!"

- Darrell Scott

Do what the media did not - - let the nation hear this man's speech. Please send this out to everyone you can.

God Bless

I really don't believe the media on much of anything and was trying to find the full story on this....

They keep showing the Bushmaster picture as it is the feature gun. At first disclosure, didn't they think he left that in the car? How many people just see that and believe that it was used?

*Side note: Went to Mahoney's in Abingdon today. Last time I was in there they had 25-30 ARs. Today they had 5. Also heard that Glock is waiting on some parts for their 9mm models which means they will not have any new ones until Feb 2013. Also heard one of the salesmen say that he thinks it will just become harder to get ARs (like a special application) and they will reduce the mags to 10. Anybody got any thoughts on that?

Here something sad I thought of today: by the time the State of the Union comes (and that is the date that the new Congress will start roughly)how many people in this country will have almost all but forgotten about the events in CT? They will go back to watching the voice, pulling for their NFL team and looking at Facebook.

I really don't believe the media on much of anything and was trying to find the full story on this....

They keep showing the Bushmaster picture as it is the feature gun. At first disclosure, didn't they think he left that in the car? How many people just see that and believe that it was used?

*Side note: Went to Mahoney's in Abingdon today. Last time I was in there they had 25-30 ARs. Today they had 5. Also heard that Glock is waiting on some parts for their 9mm models which means they will not have any new ones until Feb 2013. Also heard one of the salesmen say that he thinks it will just become harder to get ARs (like a special application) and they will reduce the mags to 10. Anybody got any thoughts on that?

Here something sad I thought of today: by the time the State of the Union comes (and that is the date that the new Congress will start roughly)how many people in this country will have almost all but forgotten about the events in CT? They will go back to watching the voice, pulling for their NFL team and looking at Facebook.

The Bushmaster was the primary weapon used in the shooting. All 26 victims had gun shot wounds traced to that rifle, accordding to this article.

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1772825

I also find it stange that many Christians immediately came out and started saying that this happened because "prayer has been removed from school". Isn't that basically saying that God did this to teach us a lesson for not allowing school sanctioned prayer.

But to be fair, if you believe each story in the Bible in a literal sense, then you already believe that God killed or had someone/something kill many children throughout the Bible...so I guess it wouldn't be a huge stretch.