Connecticut school shooting

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only God can make a Hell hot enough to char the SOB that's responsible for this.

So much evil in this world. So much. I feel literally sick pondering it. The age of the children. Being near Christmas. May God keep and protect the families, the Sandy Hook community, and that state of Connecticut.

Now may not be the time, but I'm going to say it anyway. We have spent billions upon billions to ensure that Joe Blow can't take a sparkler on a Delta flight. We have done little, if anything meaningful, to ensure that these massacres in our schools and colleges never happen again. I don't want this to become a "Republican gun stance v. Democrat gun stance" argument (I already have "friends" on Facebook making this a right-left issue [much more Left than Right, but yes, both sides are guilty], and for all that's good, I want to keep that mudslinging out of the discussion). What I am strongly urging is for our legislators and state agencies to take their heads out of the sand and create some policies to keep this out of our schools. And do it NOW.

They said that the school (like many I've been to around here) requires you to buzz in at a camera to get in the building, so how in the world did a guy apparently wearing military gear get into an elementary school? They're saying that he was a teacher's son there, but I'd still be skeptical about someone looking like that showing up at a school.

I am in shock! I have never had an event affect me in the way that this one has. This literally brought me to tears. I have two children, ages 8, and this one is reall hitting home. My heart breaks for the families, I cannot imagine the loss and overwhelming sense of hopeless grief. May God have mercy on each of them!

I am in shock! I have never had an event affect me in the way that this one has. This literally brought me to tears. I have two children, ages 8, and this one is reall hitting home. My heart breaks for the families, I cannot imagine the loss and overwhelming sense of hopeless grief. May God have mercy on each of them!

same here...don't really know what else to say.

I feel the same way. When you think of VT, it was mainly young adults. Much the same at the Aurora shooting. But now to have something this horrible happen to very young elementary school children who most likely didn't even understand what was going on at the time is truly heartbreaking.

This makes me so sick at heart I can not stand it.

This is our society our culture it's sick, when you don't seek and stand for all that is Good for society and try to cast out what is wrong, you get pure evil and that is what this is.

I pray with all my heart and being for these people.

Yesterday was a horrific day for all involved. I pray for the families who lost loved ones. Let's also not forget the first responders who will live with the memory of this tragedy for the rest of their lives. God, heal our land.

They said that the school (like many I've been to around here) requires you to buzz in at a camera to get in the building, so how in the world did a guy apparently wearing military gear get into an elementary school? They're saying that he was a teacher's son there, but I'd still be skeptical about someone looking like that showing up at a school.

The buzzers at the door may help keep random people from just wondering into the school; however, if you have someone with guns and no regard for themselves or others, they could easily get in. They could break a window, forcibly open a door, or just wait outside the door until someone is coming out and sneak in while the door is open.

Just like metal detectors, they may stop an average person from bringing a gun into a school, but they would not stop this type of person. They are only in place to give people a sense of security, IMO.

The buzzers at the door may help keep random people from just wondering into the school; however, if you have someone with guns and no regard for themselves or others, they could easily get in. They could break a window, forcibly open a door, or just wait outside the door until someone is coming out and sneak in while the door is open.

Just like metal detectors, they may stop an average person from bringing a gun into a school, but they would not stop this type of person. They are only in place to give people a sense of security, IMO.

Hence, my suggestion for security-grade windows and doors for all windows and doors.

I heard this morning that he broke a window or something and that's probably how he got in.

My heart has been heavy since I learned of the tragedy in Newtown, Ct with the number of casualities and learning that most were small children. Innumberable prayers have been lifted to heaven for the families of all involved. I would like to share something with you that I hope I can tell clearly, that may bring comfort to you as it has to me, since yesterday afternoon.

As most of you posters know, I am a Christian and love the Lord dearly. I have been a follower of Christ over 28 years, not a flake, but a down-to-earth person. In those years, sometimes through dreams and other times by being sensitive to God’s spirit he has made me aware of certain things.

Last week, either Thursday night or Friday night, I had a dream (I know when these are from heaven, because they are brief, vivid and quite memorable.) In the dream, I was looking at a classroom with students sitting at their desks. I could not make out any faces in the room or be able to tell what they were wearing. Sitting in the center of these students was someone dressed in a “snow white garment.” The detail I remember the most about the person sitting there, was how white the garment was and it had what I call a “peter pan collar.” I could not make out this person’s face.

Just as quickly, the dream was over and when I woke up that morning I remembered exactly what I had dreamed. It troubled me because I was placing myself as being the one wearing the white garment, but could not understand why the students and the classroom. Since I was traveling that weekend I prayed for safe travel, because I wondered if there might be an accident which might be fatal.

Yesterday afternoon (Saturday) I was watching tv before I left to go to a scheduled function. The medical examiner was on tv describing the injuries and how the children had been shot multiple times. Later while driving, I was just mourning over this tragedy of the babies and God’s spirit brought to my mind this dream.

I began to weep and tears run down my face as God showed me that the person in the “snow white garment” wasn’t me, but an angel there in the midst of that darkness for those babies. They were not there alone, God had sent them comfort. His word tells us that “angels are ministering spirits sent to the heirs of salvation.”

This doesn’t take away from the grief and horror that is felt, but may you as I have, find rest and comfort that these babies had an angel there in the shadow of death.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Edited by tbgfan

My heart has been heavy since I learned of the tragedy in Newtown, Ct with the number of casualities and learning that most were small children. Innumberable prayers have been lifted to heaven for the families of all involved. I would like to share something with you that I hope I can tell clearly, that may bring comfort to you as it has to me, since yesterday afternoon.

As most of you posters know, I am a Christian and love the Lord dearly. I have been a follower of Christ over 28 years, not a flake, but a down-to-earth person. In those years, sometimes through dreams and other times by being sensitive to God’s spirit he has made me aware of certain things.

Last week, either Thursday night or Friday night, I had a dream (I know when these are from heaven, because they are brief, vivid and quite memorable.) In the dream, I was looking at a classroom with students sitting at their desks. I could not make out any faces in the room or be able to tell what they were wearing. Sitting in the center of these students was someone dressed in a “snow white garment.” The detail I remember the most about the person sitting there, was how white the garment was and it had what I call a “peter pan collar.” I could not make out this person’s face.

Just as quickly, the dream was over and when I woke up that morning I remembered exactly what I had dreamed. It troubled me because I was placing myself as being the one wearing the white garment, but could not understand why the students and the classroom. Since I was traveling that weekend I prayed for safe travel, because I wondered if there might be an accident which might be fatal.

Yesterday afternoon (Saturday) I was watching tv before I left to go to a scheduled function. The medical examiner was on tv describing the injuries and how the children had been shot multiple times. Later while driving, I was just mourning over this tragedy of the babies and God’s spirit brought to my mind this dream.

I began to weep and tears run down my face as God showed me that the person in the “snow white garment” wasn’t me, but an angel there in the midst of that darkness for those babies. They were not there alone, God had sent them comfort. His word tells us that “angels are ministering spirits sent to the heirs of salvation.”

This doesn’t take away from the grief and horror that is felt, but may you as I have, find rest and comfort that these babies had an angel there in the shadow of death.

If it was Friday night that you had the dream, that was definitely God's way of letting you know those children were in a better place.

If you had that dream on Thursday night, that's freaky....warn us when that happens again.

Twice in my life I've seen plane crashes in my dreams when within a day or two, there was some major airplane accident...sent chills down my spin both times...

Twice in my life I've seen plane crashes in my dreams when within a day or two, there was some major airplane accident...sent chills down my spin both times...

I had that happen with the last space shuttle disaster...which ended up happening on my birthday...odd feeling to say the least.

Hence, my suggestion for security-grade windows and doors for all windows and doors.

its harder to get on an airplane than it is to walk in to a school full of kids....with a gun or anything else.

I like your idea.

its harder to get on an airplane than it is to walk in to a school full of kids....with a gun or anything else.

I like your idea.

Thanks, and you're on the money with that comment.

I made my suggestion before the CSI fellows surmised that he shot his way inside the school. Which, of course, my suggestion would've ideally prevented.

Just tragic. I feel for all kids/teachers going back to school/work this morning.

If it was Friday night that you had the dream, that was definitely God's way of letting you know those children were in a better place.

If you had that dream on Thursday night, that's freaky....warn us when that happens again.

The dream was the week before, on December 7th or 8th

As a former liberal, I will admit that this is my shared belief.

Instead of cracking down on guns and starting an endless tirade of resistance and political hellfire and hate speech, lets gun proof places we don't want them. Schools, campuses, theaters, etc. I would rather walk through 100 metal detectors and undergo endless groin frisks (willingly) than let someone I love die because Crazy McStooge wanted his own Wikipedia page. Many places already do this, it's working fine. Keep doing it.

Instead of wasting all that money on cracking down on guns that people will find a way to obtain anyway and denying people their constitutional right, lets spend that money on mental health. We might make the world a happier place and keep Batshit McWafflestain off of my Newsfeed.

I want GMan to keep his hunting rifles, I want BillyJeff to keep his concealed weapon that he's licensed for, and I want JimmyPete to maintain his collection of semi automatic rifles that look great with all his rare tiger and elephant taxidermy. I just don't want people to die because Looney McKilljoy gets his hands on one while he's sad. It's simple, fix it.

As a former liberal, I will admit that this is my shared belief.

Instead of cracking down on guns and starting an endless tirade of resistance and political hellfire and hate speech, lets gun proof places we don't want them. Schools, campuses, theaters, etc. I would rather walk through 100 metal detectors and undergo endless groin frisks (willingly) than let someone I love die because Crazy McStooge wanted his own Wikipedia page. Many places already do this, it's working fine. Keep doing it.

Instead of wasting all that money on cracking down on guns that people will find a way to obtain anyway and denying people their constitutional right, lets spend that money on mental health. We might make the world a happier place and keep Batshit McWafflestain off of my Newsfeed.

I want GMan to keep his hunting rifles, I want BillyJeff to keep his concealed weapon that he's licensed for, and I want JimmyPete to maintain his collection of semi automatic rifles that look great with all his rare tiger and elephant taxidermy. I just don't want people to die because Looney McKilljoy gets his hands on one while he's sad. It's simple, fix it.

Former liberal???? Did I miss something???

And yes, I agree. No amount of legislation will keep a psycho idiot from doing what he's going to do. I just want the right to protect myself from said idiot.