2013 Richlands Blue Tornado

rvtne216

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They must have some talent hidden somewhere I haven`t seen. Going on what I have seen on the jv team any way.

They will be good, and they will work hard. But there has been a lot of talent graduate over the last 2 years. I'm saying someone will finally give them a fit from the area this year.

As far as the new district goes, I'd say Richlands should have no problem winning it. Don't know what nondistrict teams they'll play though. What will be really interesting is seeing how they do in the post season.

Given that Graham hasn't lost a middle school game in something like 3 years, I'd revise that date down a bit...

Providing they don't all transfer....and if they all continue to play in high school...in the past few years...a lot of kids ended up quitting before becoming juniors or seniors (don't need to go into details, most of you all on this board know why)

I'd say Graham's chances to beat Richlands next season are pretty darn good. They return 19 seniors and should be much bigger and more experienced on the line. Graham should be solid for the next few years.....

I will be disappointed if Richlands beats them, but i wouldn't be surprised either... they have developed a great team and great tradition down there...looking forward to Graham returning to form and some great games from this season on....

Edited by futbolking

As far as the new district goes, I'd say Richlands should have no problem winning it. Don't know what nondistrict teams they'll play though. What will be really interesting is seeing how they do in the post season.

Well, I can tell you that D-2 is no piece of cake... The top teams (very top) in D-2 may not be quite as good as the ones in D-3...but there are many more quality D-2 teams in my estimation....

Richlands only adds to a very good pool of quality teams in the Western Half...and some very athletic and talented teams on the Eastern Half.... Looking forward to see some great matchups of teams with similar enrollment....finally!!

8-2 at worst. They will beat Gate City, Botetourt, Va High, Tazewell, Abingdon, Lebanon, and Grundy for sure. At Union, at Bluefield, and Graham will be good games. I think they can win all three, and I don't see them losing all three.

Maybe it's just me but I think 15-0 is entirely possible. D2 may not be a cupcake, but it's certainly much weaker than D3 & they're returning a great deal of starters I believe. Toughest games will be Graham, Bluefield, and VHS, which they should be able to take care of. After that, should be relatively smooth sailing until the Final 4. Call me crazy..

Note: All this is assuming Ben Baugh recovers from his injury and Colten Staten is 100%

Maybe it's just me but I think 15-0 is entirely possible. D2 may not be a cupcake, but it's certainly much weaker than D3 & they're returning a great deal of starters I believe. Toughest games will be Graham, Bluefield, and VHS, which they should be able to take care of. After that, should be relatively smooth sailing until the Final 4. Call me crazy..

Note: All this is assuming Ben Baugh recovers from his injury and Colten Staten is 100%

O.K....

"Crazy"...

Sorry had to take you up on that....

Giles, Grayson County, Gretna, Dan River, Wilson Memorial, Riverheads, Fort Chiswell, Floyd County, Stuarts Draft, Union....and several more will make that "smooth sailing" a bit difficult if you ask me...

That's just the Western half...if they are fortunate enough to make it to the final 4, then they would most likely be playing a very talented and athletic team from the Eastern Section....Goochland could've beaten the D-3 Champs last season, I have no doubt in my mind....

That's just my 2 cents, but what would I know....I've only been watching high school football for the past 38 years and have seen most of these teams play....I've lived in 3 of the 4 corners of this state...D-2 is superior to D-3 when it comes to overall # of quality teams....

Could Richlands make it that far?... Yes....However, don't understimate D-2...you'll be in for a very big surprise...

Ask Pulaski County when they thought dropping from AAA to AA a few years back would be a piece of cake...they found out pretty quickly that D-4 overall was a more difficult place to be in (in that Region) than D-5.... I think Richlands will have a similar experience...

On a side note, you mentioned that they "should take care of" Bluefield, Graham and VHS...speak for yourself....but Bluefield may be the best of all of those 3 next season and they will have lightning fast speed, Graham will most likely be the most physical of those 3, I expect them to resemble Graham teams from years past with a big physical line and a couple of quality running backs...they will be decent at the QB position.... Don't know much about VHS....

However, I do believe that if Richlands can beat either Graham or Bluefield next season, they should win most of their games..

Edited by futbolking

6-4...7-3 if healthy. Only will go as far as Gray and Staten takes them. The line will be more experienced ...recievers is where I question on who will step up. I see more smash mouth football this year than years past. Just my opinion....graham and bluefield are big and fast!!

Just depends on how much work and desire they vest. With the likes of Gate City, Union, Bluefield and Graham and then have to feel many of the others will increase their level of play, will have to play some solid, focused, fundamental football to go far.

Given that Graham hasn't lost a middle school game in something like 3 years, I'd revise that date down a bit...

Not always the best indicator of future varsity seasons. Kids quit, others get better. Overall, Richlands has had very few outstanding 8th grade teams. However, Graham's program is on the upswing. But, it has more to do with what Williams is doing at that level than the success of the 8th grade program. Not many varsity coaches anywhere get shook up about playing a group of kids simply because they "haven't lost a middle school game in something like 3 years..." Not trying to be sarcastic, merely making a point.

8-2 at worst. They will beat Gate City, Botetourt, Va High, Tazewell, Abingdon, Lebanon, and Grundy for sure. At Union, at Bluefield, and Graham will be good games. I think they can win all three, and I don't see them losing all three.

I wouldn't overlook LB. They wont be the same ol team they have been in the past. Arrogance is really flying around this thread.

This is the year I have been waiting for for AHS. A lot of the kids I have been preaching about will be starters for AHS this year. A lot can happen but if all the kids that AHS has coming up get a fair shake (from coaches, that is) then you will see a different AHS. I'm not about to say that we can beat RHS, but I will more excited about this years game and exponentially more excited over the next couple of years in this series. Our coaching staff has to change their philosophy or just change period....hoping for either.