10/4 updates thread

SW_VA_boy

Final - Honaker 26 John Battle 24

Final - Gate City 48 Lebanon 29

Man,  that Honaker/Battle game must have been a great one !  Congrats to Honaker and good luck to Battle the rest of the season !

Man,  that Honaker/Battle game must have been a great one !  Congrats to Honaker and good luck to Battle the rest of the season !

Honaker has some big, strong guys up front. It was an completely defensive battle in the first half, then all offense the second half. One team would score, then the other. Seemed like Honaker did the same thing as last year, just a good old fashioned power run game with a great offensive line to open up huge holes and we just couldn't do enough in the end. Had a chance at the end when Honaker's last PAT was blocked and then Battle (down by 2) got the ball back after a 4th down interception on their final drive when Honaker got a pass interference call, but they picked it again with under 30 seconds left to win the game. Another great game in this series. I'm pretty bummed that we lost, but I can't be depressed after a game like that. Congrats on the win Tigers!

Congrats to Bluefield on their win tonight ! Good luck the rest of the season and hope you guys win another state ! I hope Coltons injury is not any type of injury that will keep him out for many games. I also want to say i am proud of the kids from Richlands for playing hard and giving their all !

Congrats to Bluefield on their win tonight ! Good luck the rest of the season and hope you guys win another state ! I hope Coltons injury is not any type of injury that will keep him out for many games. I also want to say i am proud of the kids from Richlands for playing hard and giving their all !

Thanks bigrhsfan...I told some of my coworkers from Richlands this week that I expected Bluefield to win but make no mistake about it that Mance will have his team ready to play and wiil give Bluefield a game and true to form the young men from Richlands did not give up. Good luck the rest if the season and hope the Staten kid is ok.

Thanks bigrhsfan...I told some of my coworkers from Richlands this week that I expected Bluefield to win but make no mistake about it that Mance will have his team ready to play and wiil give Bluefield a game and true to form the young men from Richlands did not give up. Good luck the rest if the season and hope the Staten kid is ok.

Thanks !  I think Coach Mance and Coach Simon are 2 of the best.