The Backyard Brawl: Richlands @ Tazewell

Ryan4VT

What's the status of Staten? I personally don't know the Richlands roster all that well, but a friend at work says they have been playing with their #3 QB(starting receiver). If that is the case, with Staten out, we may actually see a T-Town W. Nothing beats a good High School rivalry. Good luck to both teams.

What's the status of Staten? I personally don't know the Richlands roster all that well, but a friend at work says they have been playing with their #3 QB(starting receiver). If that is the case, with Staten out, we may actually see a T-Town W. Nothing beats a good High School rivalry. Good luck to both teams.

We did start a #3 QB at Bluefield. Staten should be back this week, as should River. I'll try to find out more tomorrow.

Remember the 02 game in Tazewell.The Dawg's beat The Blues 12-10. I think it may have been only win for them that year."Throw out the records when they play.

If memory serves correct, that's the last time Tazewell won. I think that's right. Could be wrong though. Lol.

Our problem is we can't keep our starters healthy and on the field. If Micheals and Staten are back I like the Blues to win by 17-24 if our RB is out I like the Blues by 10. This will probably be the closest game between the two in years. If the Dawgs want to get the Blues it better happen this year or next.

Our problem is we can't keep our starters healthy and on the field. If Micheals and Staten are back I like the Blues to win by 17-24 if our RB is out I like the Blues by 10. This will probably be the closest game between the two in years. If the Dawgs want to get the Blues it better happen this year or next.

Why's that? Good group of recruits coming? LOL

Why's that? Good group of recruits coming? LOL

....lol....another comedian.......yea more great recruits !  I recruited them myself from Raven, Cedar bluff, Claypool Hill, Doran, Pounding Mill, Wardell, and Richlands !

Why's that? Good group of recruits coming? L

Just my 2cents. I think the blues start going up hill again after next year (I look for the Blues to not be as good next year as this year). From what I have heard of Tazewell the future coming up is nothing to talk about. No idea just what I have heard.

Coach Allen will build off of what he has. Remember Tazewell only has 3 seniors. 2 are injured and haven't been on the field. There will be some decent role players coming into the program in the next 2 years. The key will be getting them in the weight room. Good luck to both teams Friday night. Hopefully Tazewell will come ready to play like the last 2 weeks.

Just my 2cents. I think the blues start going up hill again after next year (I look for the Blues to not be as good next year as this year). From what I have heard of Tazewell the future coming up is nothing to talk about. No idea just what I have heard.

The future is that there are around 25 jrs and sophomores coming back next year that are playing every down now!

To me it seems that Tazewell is always young. Seems when you guys have 15-20 freshman on the team by the time they're seniors there is only 4 or 5 of them still left.

Hard to keep players when there is coaching instability no matter where you are.  Not to mention one past coach ran off a bunch of players that should be seniors now.  I don't know exactly what happened but that comes from someone on the inside.  Things are building and the next few years should be pretty good.  

I don't know how it will pan out friday but they have the capability to keep it close and pull it out.  Rivals never say die in a game.  Look at last year, I know many points were scored by Richlands but the Dogs never gave up and quit in that game.

Hard to keep players when there is coaching instability no matter where you are.  Not to mention one past coach ran off a bunch of players that should be seniors now.  I don't know exactly what happened but that comes from someone on the inside.  Things are building and the next few years should be pretty good.  

I don't know how it will pan out friday but they have the capability to keep it close and pull it out.  Rivals never say die in a game.  Look at last year, I know many points were scored by Richlands but the Dogs never gave up and quit in that game.

No doubt this will be the closest Richlands/Tazewell game in years. To me the difference is if Staten is in or out. I think the Blues win either way but it will be closer with Staten out. Probably be close first 2 to 3 quarters with the blues pulling out in the 4th.

Richlands is not what they have been by any means. Seems we are more balanced with the other teams this year. We are lacking the superstars that can win a game by themselves that we seem to always have.