Graham at. Tazewell

futbolking

I give Tazewell the edge in this one.  Graham's defense didn't stop Bluefield one single time (I know, it's possibly the best Bluefield team in a decade).  Tazewell matches up well in size, strength and speed with Graham.  They have an experienced QB that is both a passing and a rushing threat.  Several rushing and receiving weapons.  Big and strong offensive and defensive line, bruising fullback.

Tazewell wins if they can limit turnovers.  Graham will  have to show significant improvement on defense if they expect to win this week.

Should be a good competitive game with a lot of points however and it wouldn't surprise me to see Graham pull out the "w".

I'm a Bluefield grad, but tend to support Graham too...and also rooted for Tazewell to break their long drought.  They really seem to have returned from the depths.  I just don't know how much the problem is Graham has a poor defense, or how much it was who they were playing, or some combination of.  I was impressed that even after losing the starting QB and bringing in Workman, the passing game was still there.

Should be an interesting game, I don't have enough info to make a pick in this one...

Workman probably would  be the starter, if he wasn't so valuable on defense.  Big strong kid, great arm.....smart and tough as nails.  It's better for Graham overall if Meade starts, because although he doesn't have the arm strength, he adds the dimension of being a running threat, similar to Sheets a couple years back.  With Workman at QB, Graham loses a valuable outside LB on defense and a very good TE on offense.  Hopefully Meade will get better soon, it's better for the team if they are both on the field.

Based on week #1 the edge goes to Tazewell. Based on my heart .... Graham gets the win. However, my head tells me that Tazewell wins in a close one. Unfortunately, I would not be surprised to see Graham enter district play with an 1-4 record. I sure hope that I am wrong.

Tazewell 28

Graham 22

Graham picks off 3 passes and wins this, 35-28. The crappy field keeps them under 40 (and the crappy stands keeps me wondering what's going on). The G-Men are just sick with athleticism and they gain confidence every week going forward.

Crappy field? Bulldog Staduim has one of the best natural fields in the area!

Probably speaking from the point of view of the visitors bleachers.  Having set over there, it is tough to see.

I've heard that said by several people before.  However aside from a select few stadiums the same can be said about most all of them in the area.  Blacksburg has to have the worst visitor's section I have ever been to though.

I've heard that said by several people before. However aside from a select few stadiums the same can be said about most all of them in the area. Blacksburg has to have the worst visitor's section I have ever been to though.

My award goes to Grundy. That's just of the stadiums I have been to.

Richlands aways side sucks as well, make ya feel like your to far back from the action! And I agree Tazewell's away side blows!

You're actually closer to the action than we are on the home side.

Ryan is right.......the front side of the visitor bleachers is right on the track. The home bleachers concrete foundation takes the home bleachers a little farther back.

That being said it still is a long way from the field and the bleachers are really built low. Me and Ryan have made a few trips over to the visitors side to spend some time with Canes & Hurricane watching the action and it really isn't very good but few are.

Last time I was at Amelia, those were by far the worst visitor bleachers I had ever been at period.  Reminded me of the old wooden bleachers at Graham High School, where they used to play midget league football with the BTC Lions and Wyatt Wolverines?  Anybody remember those things.  Of course that was 15 years ago when I was at Amelia, surely they have upgraded by now.

Ryan is right.......the front side of the visitor bleachers is right on the track. The home bleachers concrete foundation takes the home bleachers a little farther back.

That being said it still is a long way from the field and the bleachers are really built low. Me and Ryan have made a few trips over to the visitors side to spend some time with Canes & Hurricane watching the action and it really isn't very good but few are.

I hate going over there. Haha. Not because of the prople we visit, but because the view sucks. Lol. The players block a lot of the action.