Marion ??????

SWVAFB

I hadnt heard any of that but I was wondering why all the Canes fans were so quiet on here. I just assumed a beat down from NW had them all quiet

We never say much on here any way. I didn't expect us to go undefeated this year. There is no reason for me to hide, I'll tell you straight up. I'm not like some that comment on every thread here.

I hadnt heard any of that but I was wondering why all the Canes fans were so quiet on here. I just assumed a beat down from NW had them all quiet

We don't hide like Falconman and Southy when we lose I care if Marion wins I'm a diehard fan but I don't lose sleep over losing a game and I definitely ain't going to hide from a chat board when we lose my life ain't that bad

Bulldog, that is what everyone is wondering, and trying to fit the pieces together. All I know is what I read on some other boards. That is the Canes had about 6 players suspended after the Chilhowie game and before the NW game. Apparently, back in Aug. over 100 mail boxes were destroyed. Some people began talking about it, and apparently some of the ones who did it told on each other. Everything has been hush-hush until after the Chilhowie game, which raised even more questions with some people as to the timing of " what did you know, and when did you know it" especially with the school officials. Marion's entrance into the Hogo has not been as smooth as they hoped. Doesn't sound good.

Bulldog, that is what everyone is wondering, and trying to fit the pieces together. All I know is what I read on some other boards. That is the Canes had about 6 players suspended after the Chilhowie game and before the NW game. Apparently, back in Aug. over 100 mail boxes were destroyed. Some people began talking about it, and apparently some of the ones who did it told on each other. Everything has been hush-hush until after the Chilhowie game, which raised even more questions with some people as to the timing of " what did you know, and when did you know it" especially with the school officials. Marion's entrance into the Hogo has not been as smooth as they hoped. Doesn't sound good.

They got caught the week after the Chilhowie. Kind of hard to suspend players before they knew it happened. There is no way Mike Davidson would have let these players play if they had got caught before the Warriors game. I'm appalled at the behavior of these students. It gives the team, school, and community a bad name.

This happened weeks ago and yes they did know before the Chilhowie game but nothing was done. Winning over a rival is more important than punishment. Shame on you, Canes.

I think you need to get your facts straight. You must be sipping on too much tea. The authorities found out AFTER the Chilhowie game. Funny how you try to call out Marion when they suspended the players immediately but yet it was fine for Chilhowie to play all of the players involved with the hazing the same week against a district opponent.

This happened weeks ago and yes they did know before the Chilhowie game but nothing was done. Winning over a rival is more important than punishment. Shame on you, Canes.

just an ole warrior a little ticked cause the Canes beat em this year they always try to find excuses of why Marion beats them 

First, if it matters, I am a Panther not a Warrior. Half the county knew weeks before football started and you're saying the authorities did not know? The big red players were going around bragging about it so the town knew. This involved 150 mailboxes which included a lot of people. Futhermore, Marion shouldn't be in the Hogo playing small schools PERIOD. The players should HAVE been punished before the Chilhowie game. Lastly, lay off the tea jokes and look in your own closet (or should I say, mailbox).

First, if it matters, I am a Panther not a Warrior. Half the county knew weeks before football started and you're saying the authorities did not know? The big red players were going around bragging about it so the town knew. This involved 150 mailboxes which included a lot of people. Futhermore, Marion shouldn't be in the Hogo playing small schools PERIOD. The players should HAVE been punished before the Chilhowie game. Lastly, lay off the tea jokes and look in your own closet (or should I say, mailbox).

Maybe if you were really a Northwood fan then the tea remarks wouldn't bother you.

dont play that crap man you are a chilhowie fan you bragged last year when chilhowie beat Marion and when Marion beat Northwood you were no where to be found you joke 

I live in the County, and while I had heard about the mailboxes being damaged, I must have been in the half that didn't know who was responsible for it. The first I heard about the whole thing was the day before the Marion/Northwood game. And if it's true that half the County knew about it, why is it that no one reported it before hand? Sure, they're juveniles which would have kept it out of the widespread public eye, but I'm pretty sure that it's still a crime that the kids should be prosecuted for. Maybe UVAObserver could clarify that a little bit better; I don't pretend to know enough about the law to say that with certainty. Regardless, I find it hard to believe that the same school that expelled their star runningback for breaking the law, opening the door for him to transfer to their chief rival, would have let this slide.

If I am not mistaken, the 100+ mailboxes were destroyed on or about Aug 14-15. Rumors began on social media shortly afterwards, and social media also suggested some football players were involved. As I said earlier, as I read, the ones who committed the felonies began to tell on each other, as teenagers often do. The fact of the matter is, "does the punishment fit the crime", period? To destroy one mail box is a federal offense. To destroy 100+ mail boxes is unconceivable to me, especially without those involved being punished by the court system and the school system, with more than a slap on the wrist. Full restitution of the mailboxes to the owner(s) is in order in all cases such as this. When something of this nature takes place and involves our schools student athletes, we as citizens and tax payers expect prompt and just decisions to be made on the matters at hand from the school officials. If I am not mistaken, back in the spring, some baseball players were suspended a game or two for bullying an African American fellow player. In other words, this is not Marion's first rodeo in dealing with suspending athletes for actions unbecoming to the school and the community. I would think that our federal authorities are involved in this case, and I have confidence that justice will prevail in the end.

Agreed. I know that it took place outside of the high school, but personally, while I do think that the school acted promptly, I don't think that the coaches did enough. I've always been of the opinion that if you put yourself before your team, you don't belong on the team. The kids knew, or should have known, that everything that they say and do, whether in uniform or outside of it, doesn't reflect on them, but on the school. I was personally disgusted as a fan of the sport that the coaches let the kids stand on the sidelines during their suspension, wearing their jerseys. As long as they're standing there, there is a scapegoat. "Well, if they were playing, we wouldn't have any problems on the field. We could have beaten so-and-so." 

Of course, I'm also of the belief that if you aren't wearing your helmet on the sideline, you are saying that you don't want to play. Maybe I'm too old school for the modern sensibilities of a PC society.