Falcons vs Broadway

fatherfalcon

Haha The only support I'll be a part of is hoping my treestand supports my arse and doesn't fail me as I'm 30 ft up a tree Saturday morning. 2 weekends ago in wise central in a rain, snow,and wind storm at 25-35 degrees was plenty and that was for my own team. I'll support the Falcons by keeping myself updated on my phone up in the tree and wishing them a win and safe trip.

I looked at some of the film of Broadway given the link that was posted on here yesterday.... sloppy play from them. However, they seem to be pretty physical! Guess it all depends on how the AHS defense plays and which Broadway team shows up as well.

Contrary to what some people say, AHS defense is more physical than they have been in years. Outside of 4th qtr against Marion, the defense improved greatly from week to week. Sure, they have some weak spots but every team has some weak spots. Otherwise, nobody would score on anybody, right? I agree, AHS had better show up ready to go and I think they will. These seniors have taken a bunch of grief over the last 3 years and they want to leave some kind of mark and start something new at AHS. I'm probably being a little bit of a homer, I realize, but I love these kids and want nothing but the best for them. I've known these seniors since 4th grade and you won't find a better bunch of kids. Love fest over......time to whoop some butt!!

I just heard from a very reliable source(Southy) that the reason the game is being played on Friday is the Abingdon fans didnt want to have to choose between Football and Saturday brunch at the Martha Washington(obviously brunch would have taken precedent)

(forgive me BigO, I couldnt help myself)

GO FALCONS!!!

Big O is the CEO of Calpreps so not sure that prediction is 100% unbiased.

I'm off the hook for now? How will I ever be on it? Hahaha. I made a call that they wouldn't go 9-1. I was right. However, you made a call that Va High would go farther in the playoffs this year………..hmmmmmmm. 

Ok, knowing nothing about the Broadway team, going to be rooting for the Falcons in this game.  Think the Falcons have a lot of positives on their side in this one.

Good coaching

Good skill position players

Good kicker

Good fan support

Hopefully, good defense

All of the above, puts them in the position  to bring home a "W in their talons" with their talent.

GO FALCONS!!!!

Come on Southy and FalconMan ! We all have been waiting on your all's "constructive and enlightening" insight on the last game and this huge playoff game. Don't quit on us now ! You all claim to be the leaders of the "Falcom Awesome " chant. So here we are...tell us what happened and what we are going to see tomorrow night ?

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan...you really should learn to leave well enough alone...or be more selective with whom you chose to tilt...

My Bearcat prediction for this year was wrong and I noted that I was wrong.  But you my friend stated that you would leave this board if AHS went 9-1.  When it looked like you may have to face the music due your precarious declaration, you stated that you would not honor your word.  Are you by chance familiar with the meaning of "veracity"?   One would think that during the 7 years working towards that 2 year degree, you would have run across that concept somewhere.  The only entity that I am aware of at present who places no value on honesty and integrity is our current administration in Washington, D.C.  You related to Jonathan Gruber? 

It is a sad, sad time in which we live where so little value is placed on personal responsibility and rectitude.  I will leave this train of thought here as I am trying to improve my tolerance of the profane.  Dominus vobiscum

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan...you really should learn to know when to leave well enough alone...or be more selective with whom you chose to tilt...

My Bearcat prediction for this year was wrong and I noted that I was wrong. But you my friend stated that you would leave this board if AHS went 9-1. When it looked like you may have to face the music due your precarious declaration, you stated that you would not honor your word. Are you by chance familiar with the meaning of "veracity"? One would think that during the 7 years working towards that 2 year degree, you would have run across that concept somewhere. The only entity that I am aware of at present who places no value on honesty and integrity is our current administration in Washington, D.C. You related to Jonathan Gruber?

It is a sad, sad time in which we live where so little value is placed on personal responsibility and rectitude. I will leave this train of thought here as I am trying to improve my tolerance of the profane. Dominus vobiscum

It doesn't matter what I said. Abingdon did not go 9-1. Period. And regardless of whatever would have happened, GMan had plainly said that he would not allow me to leave. So, once again, it didn't matter.

Now, as for your jab at my attempt to get a 2 year degree. How about you actually learn what is going on before you incredibly assume that I have been working on a two year degree for seven years. You really make yourself look like an ass. I have been working on this "two year degree" for one and a half years. And guess what? When I graduate in May, it will have taken me two years to attain my two year degree. Just because I'm 24 doesn't mean I went to college out of high school.

By the way, using a multitude of large words just makes yourself look like more of an ass than you already are. If you want big words, go pick a fight with UVAO. Oh, wait, he's already ripped you a new one on several occasions.

Just came off the deerstand (talk about cold!) and got word that the Falcons have loaded up and taken off!  Stopping at VT for some walk thru and get the blood pumping and then heading on up to Bway. Really want this win for these boys, especially the seniors.  But ALL of them have worked hard this year and our youth has matured greatly as the season progressed. Best of luck boys and best of luck to everyone tonight from SWVA. Pulling for PH to pull the upset, and would love to see (or hear about...because I will hopefully be at Hidden Valley) a Marion/Richlands game next week...y'all make that happen! 

The use of vulgarities in common discourse is a sign of intellectual deficiency.  Enough said about that. 

So, someone would not "allow" you to keep your word?  Good thing he allowed you to breathe today.  Now I am positive that you are a member of the Pelosi/Reid school of idiocy.  

By the way, keeping your word DOES MATTER!  

Making a stupid statement of "I'll leave if...." and then wanting to recant is understandable, but the "he would not allow me to" excuse is pitiable.  To use vernacular of which you may understand, "Man up, Dude". 

As far as UVAO goes, I rather enjoy our infrequent jousting matches.  He has a command of the English language and is opinionated.  I doubt very seriously if "anyone allows or disallows" him to take action.  We disagree, move on and that is the end.  Ripped a new one?  I hope part of that 7 year educational odyssey includes a reading comprehension course.

Use big words?  Here are two you should familiarize yourself with:  Dictionary and Vocabulary

Big O..you have a stronger constitution than do I...it was so cold and windy, I left my stand early.  Good luck in Broadway...I think I will slip over since it is close to Massanutten.  Any of you AHS folks, I'll be wearing my old VHS black and orange hat tonight.  Stop by and say hello...

Big O..you have a stronger constitution than do I...it was so cold and windy, I left my stand early.  Good luck in Broadway...I think I will slip over since it is close to Massanutten.  Any of you AHS folks, I'll be wearing my old VHS black and orange hat tonight.  Stop by and say hello...

Zippers on my two blinds were frozen this morning, otherwise, I'd be out there right now.  Was really hoping to have a nice long sit in the woods today...didn't happen...

Smellin' like Tinks, with mud on his boots,

Bow in his hand and he's ready to shoot.

Waiting on a buck to slowly walk by,

Drew back his bow and let his arrow fly.

Straight toward its mark but a little bit short,

Buck looked at him with a giggle and snort.

Said, you must be Big O, with bow in hand,

I Ain't scared of you, you're from Abingdon, man.

You wearing camo, c'mon, man, please,

You know nothing but wine and cheese.

Your team got lucky and won eight games,

But you and your posse ain't nothin' but lame.

You're heading up to Broadway, to cheer from the stands.

Hope this doesn't put a damper on tomorrow's brunch plans.

Your Falcons might think that they've got a chance,

But the big, bad Gobblers, will be the one's to dance.

And so ends the season for the Crows this year,

Southy and Falconman, yeh, they'll likely shed a tear.

As for Big O, mud on his boots, its back to the stand,

Smellin' like Tinks with his bow in his hand.

Word to ya mutha...