Lee @ Giles

fb-fan24263

That's the thing to me with giles. I haven't seen them personally this year. Just the game against Blacksburg online. I never caught myself saying wow when they had the ball or anything. Yet before I knew it,it was 35-0. Its kind of scary. They don't particularly need wow plays. They just execute so well that it almost looks easy for them (though I'm certain they have to work extremely hard to make it look so easy) this isn't exactly pushover teams Theyve beaten. Just says a lot about there mentality and execution

Giles Has A big Physical Offensive Line And speedy Play makers On offense. The Defense Is Very Good Better Than The stats Indicate. More Than Half The Points Giles Has Given Up Is in The 2nd Half When Already Up 42-0 and The 2nd Team Is in. The Single Wing Is Hard To Learn To Defend in One Week, even So With The Strong O-line And Speedy Play Makers I Still Give The Edge To Giles. Giles 34 lee 14

Giles Has A big Physical Offensive Line And speedy Play makers On offense. The Defense Is Very Good Better Than The stats Indicate. More Than Half The Points Giles Has Given Up Is in The 2nd Half When Already Up 42-0 and The 2nd Team Is in. The Single Wing Is Hard To Learn To Defend in One Week, even So With The Strong O-line And Speedy Play Makers I Still Give The Edge To Giles. Giles 34 lee 14

That's one heck of a book title.

Ive never been. I love watching Giles play and ive wanted to see Lee all season. I have always heard GIles has a really nice stadium 

Nice stadium, kind of weird though as visitors sit on what should be the home side and the home is the far side of the field.  Prepare to park on the side of the highway though so you can get in and out easily.

Can someone explain why the seating is that way at Giles?

That's the thing to me with giles. I haven't seen them personally this year. Just the game against Blacksburg online. I never caught myself saying wow when they had the ball or anything. Yet before I knew it,it was 35-0. Its kind of scary. They don't particularly need wow plays. They just execute so well that it almost looks easy for them (though I'm certain they have to work extremely hard to make it look so easy)

One reason they make it look so easy, is because it's the only offense they have ever run from pee-wee on up.

I never caught myself saying wow when they had the ball or anything.

It seems like every Giles team I have ever seen has been that way. 

I dont mean this as an insult but I think its because the Giles teams arent usually made up of a bunch of highly talented athletes. They are blue collar, hard working guys that push themselves to be strong, fit and to execute extremely well. Thats why you never see flashy plays, they arent that type of players and really dont have that ability. To bring the conversation from the GC thread over here, they are football players not athletes. I hope that doesnt come off as a insult, I mean it as the best of complemtnets

When it comes to Giles, ya gotta call a spade a spade...yes they have good players, but a great deal of their success is owed to the offense they run.  Not many teams run the Single Wing, and even fewer run it well.  Plus, many players will go through an entire high school career and never play against it.  The unfamiliarity is key because in order to be successful against it, you have to defend it differently than nearly every other offense.  The keys are different, and aggressive defenses are especially susceptible to busts while trying to defend it.  The offense tries to force a defender into making a decision, and then making any choice the defender makes the wrong one.  It comes down to being patient as a defender, not over committing, and playing strong fundamentals at each individual position.  In this day and age, most players are lacking in all three categories.

Lee's inexperience defending the single wing will make the difference.

If they can stop the single wing, they have a legit shot.

That's the case with nearly every team they play...I'd say very few teams play Giles in a given season with game experience vs. the Single Wing earlier in the same season.  Make no mistake, it's a huge advantage.

Our defense is the best this year since in the 90s the 2 games we lost were by a total of 4 points, but as many have said we are unfamiliar with the single wing. Hopefully coach Martin and the rest of Lee's coaching staff have done enough to defend it.... our middle schools are more familiar the wing as jms has played several TN teams running it the last 2 years.

I know the Lee Generals are tough and I am glad they are in the playoffs, BUT I believe Coach Williams and staff are going to have the Spartans firing on all cylinders for this game.  I love listening to the train horn and the Giles faithful will be cheering loudly, in-force for their team Saturday.  Plan on listening on the net to this game.   Going with the Spartans for the win.!!!

The link for this game is www.wnrvbluegrassradio.com

GO GILES SPARTANS!!!

To come out of the west bracket teams are going to have to go through Giles. So if your Lee, why not just face them early in the 2nd round? If Lee pulls of the upset it would give them a huge confidence boost for the rest of their run. Have seen both teams play, and think this is going to be a very close game. Would love to see the Lee vs. Union rematch if both teams win this week. IMO Lee is a much better team now then when they faced Union the first time.

A rematch would be nice but simply put it just ain't gonna happen. Lee is a well coached team who plays with heart and I love that, but I really do not think they can hang around for more than a quarter against Giles. Union well I just don't know what to say about this one. From watching film they should have a legitimate chance to win a close one but my gut tells me they get beat by at least 2 or 3 TDs. In any case I am pulling for all the local teams to continue the season another week. The game of the century could be Richlands/Marion. I would love to be able to be at that one should be a damn good brawl. Blue by a point or 3.

To come out of the west bracket teams are going to have to go through Giles. So if your Lee, why not just face them early in the 2nd round? If Lee pulls of the upset it would give them a huge confidence boost for the rest of their run. Have seen both teams play, and think this is going to be a very close game. Would love to see the Lee vs. Union rematch if both teams win this week. IMO Lee is a much better team now then when they faced Union the first time.

I can see your point, and its legitimate BUT Lee has yet to win a big game(other than last week). I think it would help the team to make it a few rounds deep, get some wins, and gain some confidence before playing a team of Giles caliber 

not holding any judgement against LEE,,,, heck, most of us on this  site, thought clintwood, even without leading rusher, would roll over PH, and at home at that.....like i said before, nothing is a given..... this could be upset special....you never know....