Wise Central Football 2015

trublue

I bet it gets windy up there.  Going to play havoc on a passing team when the October winds blow through...be colder than a witch's titty in November...

Richlands get's to head up there in late September. Should be a good game. 

Looks like an awesome place for some football! Most miserable I've been at a game in a long time was last year at UVA Wise watching GC play Central. 15-20 mph winds with rain changing to sleet then snow at about 34°. I'd like to see this new stadium but I'm glad it's at GC this year.

Looks like an awesome place for some football! Most miserable I've been at a game in a long time was last year at UVA Wise watching GC play Central. 15-20 mph winds with rain changing to sleet then snow at about 34°. I'd like to see this new stadium but I'm glad it's at GC this year.

I was there, until halftime anyway and it was terrible.

I was there, until halftime anyway and it was terrible.

Well ill go ahead and say that it didn't get any better after halftime. I looked like a walking ice sculpture in my rain suit......my jacket was covered in ice and started crackling all over when I started to leave. Whole suit was froze stiff with ice. Not sure if it's being a true fan at that point or just sheer ignorance. Lol but if the boys can stand playing in it I suppose I can stand to watch it. Being that GC is playing Central at the end of the season aasof right now I'd say it's gonna be several years of rough weather watching that game. As long as the rain doesn't fall at near freezing temperatures Wise Central should be the place for perfect football weather games...nice and cold throughout the season.

Well ill go ahead and say that it didn't get any better after halftime. I looked like a walking ice sculpture in my rain suit......my jacket was covered in ice and started crackling all over when I started to leave. Whole suit was froze stiff with ice. Not sure if it's being a true fan at that point or just sheer ignorance. Lol but if the boys can stand playing in it I suppose I can stand to watch it. Being that GC is playing Central at the end of the season aasof right now I'd say it's gonna be several years of rough weather watching that game. As long as the rain doesn't fall at near freezing temperatures Wise Central should be the place for perfect football weather games...nice and cold throughout the season.

If it would have been a Haysi or Ridgeview game I wouldnt have left

I don't blame you for not staying haha I watched Abingdon and Marion last year and if I hadn't walked around the whole time I would have left that game early. Like to have froze to death. Football etiquette goes out the window when it's not your team playing.

What's the concensus on Wise Central this year? Anyone have much insight? They was a pretty solid team last year....just missing a few pieces to put it all together.

The following jumped out to me in the article...excerpt:

The Warriors faced eventual 2A state champ Glenvar in the first round of the playoffs. The Highlanders barely prevailed, 13-6.

August 14th, 2015 10:00 am by George Thwaites

Read more: Warriors finally have a house of their own to defend | Kingsport Times-News http://www.timesnews.net/article/9090899/warriors-finally-have-a-house-of-their-own-to-defend#ixzz3ip7u9czw
Follow us: @timesnewsonline on Twitter | timesnews on Facebook

great state