Richlands at Honaker.....

#1BLUESFAN

How long will the starters play Friday night....let's hope the weather doesn't cut the game short like last year....

Depends on score. If Honaker is as good as everyone predicts, I see them playing the first half and a series or two of the second half. 

If Honaker is overrated......I don't see them making it to halftime.

If the starters play one play after the first series it would shock me.

My opinion on the game is you will see a lot of Blankenship and Waldron. Of course Mance will want Asbury to throw the ball but I think it will be more run than usual. Maybe 30-70% run/pass......lol

I agree with razor cause the run game is something that needs to get on point cause we might get into some situations this year that we need to run some clock, and to be honest the run game didn't look as impressive as I thought it should last Friday. I'm sure the coaches know that and will have them ready.

This is the best time of the year!!!

I agree with razor cause the run game is something that needs to get on point cause we might get into some situations this year that we need to run some clock, and to be honest the run game didn't look as impressive as I thought it should last Friday. I'm sure the coaches know that and will have them ready.

This is the best time of the year!!!

It's hard to run against Belfrys D line which has 3 legit D1 talents on it. That's why we didn't try it much. We had some decent success against GW in the run game. I think we see a more potent running attack Friday night.

Futbolking Your Gmen are small up front, but they have a good passing game. I think they will win some games and surprise some folks. They have some speed at the skill positions if they can keep out of some of those smash mouth run it up the gut games they will be okay. They are a playoff team IMO Belfry were the real deal and GW looked good also I think you  guys will be 5-5 to 7-3 I hope Palmer will have them better by the end of the season than they are now. Best of luck. 

I'm just looking forward to seeing the Blues work a little more on their run game this week against the Tigers.  We should be able to run the ball pretty well this year with our line and having Blankenship and Waldron in backfield.  I like the fact that they have 2 different types of runners that can give a little of the lighting and thunder type of game.

I know coach will still want to work on the timing of the QB's and receivers and they need too knowing that it is for real starting next week.

I think this Honaker team will be one that has a chance to be really good,  but it may take a game or two to get were they want to be.  They did loose some good kids from last year and are young in some spots.

The one thing we do know is,  that it is Honaker and they will play with a lot of heart and they will hit you hard !

I just hope both teams come out of this game healthy and able to go into the 1st week 100%.  

My wife has already put me on notice again this year...............she hopes I find a good seat on the other side,  because I'm not sitting with her on the Tiger side !

So if the game goes big in Richlands favor and you happen to see a guy that is 6'0 250 and wearing a blue hat with a lighting R on the front hitchhiking............please pick me up and give me a ride back to the college estates area ........please ! 

Here is my quick take after just getting back:

1. Thoughts go out to Hart from Honaker. He they punted and Austin made a few players look silly and as Hart chased Atkinson down, Lowe had a clean block that took Hart and one other out. Hart walked off the field under his own power, but it was apparent he wasn't really ok. He ended up being transported by ambulance to the hospital. Screams concussion. Hope he is ok.

2. Richlands defense is every bit as good as advertised. Honaker didn't manage a first down until 1:07 left in the first half. The official stats showed that Honaker had 96 total yards of offense, but the first team Richlands D held them to about 50ish. This group will be scary as the season moves along.

3. Our offense is not at all lacking in the skill positions. Howie took his first pass for 60 yards to the 1 yard line. He caught the ball around the 50 and in the center of the field and he just turned on the Jets and was gone to the outside. Collins, Farris, Atkinson, and Ball all looked good in limited targets. Lowe had a nice 17 yard catch as well.

4. Mental mistakes. This game was 27-3, but could have easily been 42-3 if a few things don't happen. The snap over the QB head when we are inside the 5 can't happen. You just can't do that. We also had 2-3 fumbles tonight that we lost. Also saw a few missed assignments on the offensive line. Gotta start to clean those up before GC strolls into Ernie Hicks next week.

5. I really hope Wladron is ok. He was down for a while and it's his left knee. He has an MRI early next week and let's hope it's just a sprain or a bruised knee. Time will tell though.

I'm very excited for this team. The hype is there and they didn't disappoint tonight in their half of play with the starters.

Last update I saw on the Hart kid from Honaker is that he has a bruised lung, a contusion to his heart, and his liver is elevated. They admitted him to the hospital and had him on a heart monitor over night. Prayers for this young man and his family.

Last update I saw on the Hart kid from Honaker is that he has a bruised lung, a contusion to his heart, and his liver is elevated. They admitted him to the hospital and had him on a heart monitor over night. Prayers for this young man and his family.

Wow. Hate that for him. Keep us updated.

Was setting on the 50 in the stands, he was chasing the kick return to the sideline,  Lowe just cut him off and got in the line of travel and lowered his shoulder.  Most of the momentum came from the speed of the young man.

Prayers for this young man.

Prayers being lifted for Hart (Honaker) and Waldron and Holmes (Richlands)

Listening on the net as they were describing the plays and hits you could tell it was a battle of turf out there.  Both of the defenses were fighting in the trenches.  Those boys were "dregging the Clinch last night".

Where you at Bigrhsfan, did she take your computer and put you in the dog house?

....LOL......nooo,  it was a long walk home and I just got here.....lol.

No,  I got home late last night,  we stopped by my mother in laws after the game for a while and then I had to get up at 5:30 this morning so I could meet with a bunch of my riding buddies to take a long motorcycle ride.  I actually just got home so this is the 1st time I've been on  since the game.

Believe it or not,  she didn't say much about the game.   She was more worried about the Hart kid.

man,  there was some hard hitting in that game !  The Blues need to clean a few things up,  but have a chance to be really good and will be exciting to watch.  They have the ability to score from just about anywhere on the field and the return game looks good.  But the kicking game needs a little work although I did like his deep kickoffs !  Have to do a better job on the fumbles and penalties !!!

The D was as good as we thought they might be,  and have a chance to be special,  but they are going to have to keep their heads out of the clouds and not listen to all the talk about how good they can be.

love the way Asbury throws the ball !