Virginia @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

Should be another game similar to the Graham or Central game,  but I hope the Blues come out a little more ready to play and not as flat as they were against Central.  Something tells me however that wont happen and they are ready to play from the start.

You know Va High will try .to slow this game down, and limit Blues possessions. I see Cats trying to establish some type of running game, and limit Blues TOP. VA High has the players to make the big play, and force Blues into some type of catch up game. Turn overs may play an important role in this one. If you have the ball, you best do something with it. Could be entertaining.

As a fan of both teams I have a different take on this game. I think Va High has too many factors in their favor this year for the following reasons:

1. It is homecoming week and RHS usually plays fairly flat in this week of the season.

2. Va HIgh has had 2 weeks to rest and prepare.

3. Va High Will be" Up "for this game remembering what happened the last time they played at the Ernie.

4. The addition of the transfer running back from Abingdon who ran all over RHS last year.

5 Sewell is back and RHS doesn't have anyone in the secondary who can cover him much less he and Watkins

both. One will have to be double teamed while the other will run wild.

6. RHS will be hard pressed to pass against Va Highs secondary.

With all this in mind and to the dismay of my family and friends in Richlands, I think this game is going to shock many . VHS by 21

As a fan of both teams I have a different take on this game. I think Va High has too many factors in their favor this year for the following reasons:

1. It is homecoming week and RHS usually plays fairly flat in this week of the season.

3. Va High Will be" Up "for this game remembering what happened the last time they played at the Ernie.

4. The addition of the transfer running back from Abingdon who ran all over RHS last year.

5 Sewell is back and RHS doesn't have anyone in the secondary who can cover him much less he and Watkins

With all this in mind and to the dismay of my family and friends in Richlands, I think this game is going to shock many . VHS by 21

If the "Mayor" would allow me to use one of his great quotes'

What kind of tomfoolery is this?s

No

Hahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!

1. Congratulations. This post will be in their lockers tomorrow so they can see that someone doubts them. They won't be flat now, take that to the bank.

2. Gate City had 7 months to prepare. Didn't seem to help them much. 

3. Every team that plays Richlands is "up." When you are the man, everyone gets pumped to try and knock that person off. Virginia High is no more special than any other team. 

4. He had a good week. We had a bad game. Congrats to him. Does lightning strike in the same pace twice?

5. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

6. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

The ONLY reason you VHS took us to 3OT two years ago was because of Coach Wells. I've said it a million times before. They had a good team, but they had an O coordinator that knows us better than ANY coach not on the Richlands coaching staff. That is why that game was so close. 

Sewell is a good athlete. I'll give him his credit. But he is no Gavin or Mitchell. Aside from one or two big plays, we held Unions passing game in check all night. It was their sudden switch to a power running game that got us off guard. 

Mitchell & Gavin >> Sewell & Watkins. All. Day. Long. 

And if you think our secondary can't cover them, you've got a long night ahead, brother. Howie and Wade will be laying wood from the onset. Can VHS not curl up in a ball? That's the real question here. 

That's exactly what I was thinking..........

Yep..... A person post their opinion and that's the response they get? I'm all for a little trash talking but that seemed to go a little over board. We all understand Richlands is a very good team but to read the post from last weeks Central game and this weeks game so far, one would think RIchlands was the odds on favorite to win the Super Bowl. Plus calling kids out by name was a nice touch.

Yep..... A person post their opinion and that's the response they get? I'm all for a little trash talking but that seemed to go a little over board. We all understand Richlands is a very good team but to read the post from last weeks Central game and this weeks game so far, one would think RIchlands was the odds on favorite to win the Super Bowl. Plus calling kids out by name was a nice touch.

So when someone trashes your team and makes comments that to 99% of the people on this board seem out there, it's not ok to post back?

I try to be fair when I post. I give other teams credit when it's due. I've said all season the exact same 4 teams that are the class of 2A west. So what's wrong with confidence in my choice of who I think are the top 4 teams in the area? Richlands is one of that group. 

As for calling out players, did you miss the part where he used player names as well? Everyone on this board uses the players names. We don't discuss reasons for suspensions and stuff like that, but what is wrong with calling a player by his name? I simply said that the two Union WRs were better than the two VHS guys. I didn't say the two from VHS sucked. I didn't call out anything about them other than I feel like the two from Union are better. 

Sorry if you took offense to a post that wasn't even about your team.