Rest of season top games

oldfalcon56

I think tomorrow's game will be a classic.  It will be a good measuring stick for our young team as well.  We start 5 sophomores.  This will help them to become more battle tested for the playoffs.  Excited for this game.  

I'm not sure I would call it a "top" game but Union @ Lee is a good one nonetheless. Lee is a little revenge minded. Gate City vs. Ridgeview as GC is looking to get into the win column and Ridgeview still looking to prove themselves. 

George Wythe @ Honaker should be a good ballgame, then next week J.I. Burton @ Honaker. I'm expecting  adown to the wire game between George Wythe and Honaker. according to the Gilliam Rankings site, Honaker is projected to win by a touchdown.

Union has games @Lee and @Wise, with a game against Letcher County left.

Theres a chance Union slips on a banana and gets upset in one of those games. Eastside and Battle will be slaughters, and while Union should handle Lee, @Wise (where Union struggles) scares me because we've seen what dual threat QBs can do to us (Hunter Collier last week killed us) but the Dalton kid at Wise is nowhere near as talented as Collier, and Wise does not have a receiver/outside player like McClung. 

Lee will have revenge on their minds, but I think Union is quite a bit better than they are this year.

Have to say that the Bears are good enough that luck is not a factor.  They win because they are talented, well coached, and play with a lot of heart.  They have a great fanbase also.  There is a reason they win the close games and it's not luck,  at least not 90% of the time.

Mullins is very good and the TE England will be the best Union has faced. Don't underestimate the Warriors Winners. The Bears luck may be running out.

Ok, I said nothing to belittle Wise, but I don't think we will need luck to beat Wse.

I was not underestimating them whatsoever, I mentioned they scare us the most, but we should be favored and if Union plays a solid game, they win. And say what you want, Mullins, a a sophomore, is not as good as Collier, and no one on the outside for Wise is as good as McClung. I tried to be civil, but if you wanna start a bash fest, Ill gladly join in.

Union faces the best TE in the region every day in practice, I think they can prepare for a good TE in England.

Mullins is good. Hes a crafty(?) runner. Not fast, quick or powerful but hes hard to get a hold of.

The TE is either underutilized or was well covered by Rv because I dont remember him doing anything but blocking. He did look like a great athlete though. Was a monster in the jamboree when he had the ball.

I'm really looking forward to the Tazewell/Grundy game. I see two teams that like to run the ball and I really think it will be a slobber knocker.

As far as matchup games the Richland/Abingdon game will be interesting. I was surprised how Graham hung around with the Falcons but my understanding is the pass game wasn't a factor for Abingdon with the weather. I say this will be a good one to watch.

I also think Graham has 2 games that could get really interesting.

1. Grayson County- I was really surprised with them and I think the game with Graham could be a world beater. Grayson is pretty tough and physical and the matchup against Cousins from Graham could be wild.

2. Bland County- This could be a shocker and the Bears may just pull it out.

Looked pretty quick to me against Richlands. Just didn't have any blocking....

I didnt mean it as a slight to him, just his quickness doesent really stand out when watching him play. You just notice that nobody can get a hand on him

I didnt mean it as a slight to him, just his quickness doesent really stand out when watching him play. You just notice that nobody can get a hand on him

I've only seen him play once so I'm not really in a position to debate you. The view at Central sucks which made it hard to see how he was making tacklers miss. I just know that he did....