UNOFFICIAL pairings

VHSLhelper

it'll stay this way for a while

UNOFFICIAL by my numbers 1st rd. games...

1A West

#11 Parry McCluer @ #6 Hurley 

#14 Narrows @ #3 Galax  

#10 Auburn @ #7 Rural Retreat 

#15 Covington @ #2 J.I. Burton 

#12 Northwood @ #5 Honaker  

#13 Twin Valley @ #4 Radford 

#9  Bland Co. @ #8 Patrick Henry 

#16 Twin Springs/Bath Co. @ #1 George Wythe 

(TS if they beat Rye today, Bath if TS loses)

2A West

#11 Ridgeview @ #6 Giles

#14 Va. High @ #3 Glenvar 

#10 Graham @ #7 James River

#15 Gretna @ #2 Union (BSG) 

#12 Martinsville @ #5 Buckingham Co. 

#13 Grayson Co. @ #4 Richlands  

#9 Central (Wise) @ #8 Dan River 

#16 Lee @ #1 Appomattox 
Edited by VHSLhelper
updated the 16 seeds

Radford and GW certanly got the tougher side of the draw in 1A west. A buddy in Lexington told me a couple weeks ago, Bath was playing its best football in 5 years to end the regular season and PM was heavily overrated. It looks like that played itself out to be accurate last night. Rural Retreat will give Burton fits if they meet in the second round.

The results from recent weeks makes 1a extremely interesting with GW being played very closely by 7-Rural Retreat and 8-Patrick Henry. With Northwood, Bland, and Narrows fielding competitive teams as well, there are not many gimmes.Galax and Burton seem to be the most solid as of late, reserving judgment for Radford and their injury situation. I love playoff football!

I have VA High at 13 and Grayson at 14?  Va High 194   Grayson 193?     even at 193 each VA high schedule has to be tougher with higher rated opponents which is first tiebreaker that applys to them?

I have VA High at 13 and Grayson at 14?  Va High 194   Grayson 193?     even at 193 each VA high schedule has to be tougher with higher rated opponents which is first tiebreaker that applys to them?

If you are right then Va High would play Richlands and Grayson play Glenvar. I'm not a numbers guy. Maybe VHSL HELPER can sort this out.

If you are right then Va High would play Richlands and Grayson play Glenvar. I'm not a numbers guy. Maybe VHSL HELPER can sort this out.

the unofficial projections that I've seen have VA at Glenvar and Grayson at Richlands.

VHSL usually releases official matchups by noon Sunday as there are still some games to play today (in-state, not necessarily in 2A)

I want to be another one who wants to thank you VHS for running all the numbers and putting up all the possibilities and now the matchups.........it is greatly appreciated !

I am hoping the Blues will be playing Grayson,  it would be nice playing a new team and not another regular season rematch !

Dont think so........Salem recieved a forfiet a win and a Carroll loss......both recored as 10 game schedule for that purpose......that puts tiebreaker as opponents higher rating ....sure Va High schedule tougher than Grayson

Bishop McGuiness is a private school within Alleghany district. Different state, different set-up. This is why Galax dropped Alleghany, a border rival, a few years ago. VHSL schools will only get credit for a 9 game schedule in that scenario, if I understand it correctly.

2A West

#11 Ridgeview @ #6 Giles
#14 Va. High @ #3 Glenvar 

#10 Graham @ #7 James River
#15 Gretna @ #2 Union (BSG) 

#12 Martinsville @ #5 Buckingham Co. 
#13 Grayson Co. @ #4 Richlands  

#9 Central (Wise) @ #8 Dan River 
#16 Lee @ #1 Appomattox 

No regular season rematches for the first round. I like it! Really looking forward to seeing Gretna next week.