UNOFFICIAL pairings

VHSLhelper

Will Buckingham players and fans talk as much shit to Richlands leading up to the game after last years beat down at the hands of Gate City?

I think this has the potential to be the most intriguing second round match-up in 2A.

They won't if they know what's good for em. Lol

Will Buckingham players and fans talk as much shit to Richlands leading up to the game after last years beat down at the hands of Gate City?

I think this has the potential to be the most intriguing second round match-up in 2A.

Met a Buckingham fan last night at Appo. His words to me were "I know how good y'all are. Looking forward to coming down."

That was a mess. I don't know how many people kept up with that, but I stayed entertained for a good 4 or 5 days reading their back and forth with each other.

Was it on Twitter?

Yes. Buckingham created a beatgatecity account (which is still up), and Gate City created a beatbuckingham account. It went back and forth between those accounts, students' accounts at both schools, and even some adults started getting in on the action. Some was funny, some was mean, some was just flat out nasty. Student to student was probably the worst.

Yes. Buckingham created a beatgatecity account (which is still up), and Gate City created a beatbuckingham account. It went back and forth between those accounts, students' accounts at both schools, and even some adults started getting in on the action. Some was funny, some was mean, some was just flat out nasty. Student to student was probably the worst.

I guess we may find out next week lol.

They'll get "chippy" towards the end if Richlands is winning. They had maybe 30 people in the stands last year and one jumped the fence in the 4th quarter. Still not sure how he didn't get arrested.

no prob.

not "if you" - if they did that, it'd be too easy to cancel a game or jut do 9 to start.

TIEBREAKERS :

1. beat all other teams tied with

2. better record against all common opponents

3. any opponent had an effective 9 game schedule

(this basically means 9 games for ratings purposes) 

4. highest winning percentage against rating scale-recognized opponents

(more commonly called best overall record)

5. highest average rating of all opponents

1A West

1 GW /16 TS/Bath       ------------------------------------- 

I -----------------------------------

8 PH /9 Bland            --------------------------------------                                            I

I-----------------------------------------------

4 Radford /13 TV    ------------------------------------                                                 I

5 Honaker /12 NW  -------------------------------------                                            At this point the highest remaining West Seed

hosts the lowest remaining East seed and the

lowest remaining West seed travels to the highest  

remaining East seed.    State Semis

2 JIB /15 Covington    ------------------------------------                                                               

I ----------------------------------

7 RR /10 Auburn        -------------------------------------                                              I

I ------------------------------------------------

3 Galax /14 Narrows. -------------------------------------                                              I

I ------------------------------------

6 Hurley /11 PMc     ----------------------------------------

2A West

1 Appamattox/16 Lee -----------------------------------

8 Dan River /9 Central  ---------------------------------                                              I

I-----------------------------------------------

4 Richlands /13 Grayson--------------------------------                                             I

5 Buck Co /12 Mville  -------------------------------------                                   At this point the highest remaining West Seed

hosts the lowest remaining East seed and the

lowest remaining West seed travels to the highest                                                                                                                                           remaining East seed.    State Semis

2 Union /15 Gretna ----------------------------------------                                                               

I ----------------------------------

7 James River /10 Graham  -----------------------------                                           I

I ------------------------------------------------

3 Glenvar /14 VA High ------------------------------------                                            I

6 Giles /11 Ridgeview -------------------------------------