Central @ Dan River

Unchained

Looking at the Wildcats, they line up and run right at you ( often from the Maryland I). They average 208 per game on the ground and not much passing with just 63 yds a game and the QB has thrown 15 picks. On defense they are very stout having recorded 37 sacks and 17 picks. If the River relies on running right at you, they will have no luck with a Warrior defense that is stout vs the run, so the fact that they don't chuck the pigskin often makes them a favorable matchup. The key will be getting past their defense. This game may very well be the best in the first round. Anybody know anything else about them?

Dan River has pretty good speed at the running back and QB positions. Not a lot of size but they are not small either. DR is well coached, and they play hard. Is this game being played on Friday or Saturday? This should be a good close game. By the way DR does not throw the ball often and when they do it's not very well.

What little bit of Hudl film I watched on Dan River, I'm not sure what to think. Looked like they had some size and speed, but there was no "wow" factor. Typically, you see some outstanding plays on Hudl because it is highlight software after all. So, if that was their highlights then they are nothing fancy. If running is their strong suit then I think Central will hold their own against them.

I really think the Warriors have a very good shot at winning that game. Hope the bus lag doesn't hurt them though.

The lag concerns me and the fact that Dan River is senior loaded and has playoff experience is a worry, but watching them on film, they aren't anything complex on offense. I also think that having the open week last week and going up to scout them in person really helped. If we play clean and eliminate turnovers, we have a very good shot at winning

I'm not sure that Dan River has seen as physical a team as the one we will bring to Ringgold Friday night, and I'm not sure their defense has faced an offensive line as stout as ours has become. These Mountain Distric teams are rugged and we've played a rugged schedule. That will benefit us

Unchained, not saying that Central is not rugged or physical and they very well may beat DR, but the Wildcats played Magna Vista and they also played GW-Danville in a benefit game. Believe me when I say they don't come any more physical than either one of these teams. DR's biggest problem is if you can shut down the run they just don't pass it well enough to keep you honest on D. I'm sure Coach Owens will have Central ready and they will be hard for DR to handle. By the way, I hope that Coach Owens buddy Tom Crigger's Twin Valley team can have a good showing in the playoffs. Tom coached at Magna Vista in the early mid 2000's and was a really good coach and a great person. Safe trip for Central to Ringgold, sure is a long way from Wise.

I'm not sure that Dan River has seen as physical a team as the one we will bring to Ringgold Friday night, and I'm not sure their defense has faced an offensive line as stout as ours has become. These Mountain Distric teams are rugged and we've played a rugged schedule. That will benefit us

I'm pretty sure they have and I don't see Dan River losing this game 

They played Magna Vista and Appomattox. Of course they lost but they have seen some very good teams. The head scratcher is their loss to Martinsville. I personally think Central can win and hope you all do but it is a tall task.

Wonder if they'll be any "Pound the Wildcats" signs this week?

pd - I saw Tommy over at TV yest. aft. - didn't get a chance to speak to him, as he was heading out with some Drivers Ed kids. Nothing but respect for him & his brother Bill, whom I've worked with for years,

Hope the Panthers can out-claw the Bobcats, but will be surprised if they do.

Tommy and his family are great people. He coached my youngest son from 8th grade thru his sr. year in football and those teams had some great records and even better times. Kind of scary though, thinking of him teaching Drivers Ed. lol