It's now Official.....

Ryan4VT

The list of schools offering Evans is misleading. He signed with Auburn out of high school, that would be off the table now. Many Power 5 conference program don't accept JUCO transfers. Not a bad move in my opinion. Competition will be good for Evans and the others already on campus.

ECU is going to take a step back most likely.  So dumb going from McNeil to Chizik. Bud knows how to stifle GTs offense for the most part.  Connor wont be back for Pitt now due to cancer and who knows what they will do offensively with Chaney going to UGA.  Their QB play cant be any worse than Peterman though. VT will be more talented than Duke, but Duke and Miami will have solid coaching at least.

Let's look at the schedule and see what happens:

My "lock" wins: 

Liberty W- I don't need to say anything else. 

ECU W- I think this will be some tough sledding for ECU without McNeil. 

Boston College W- Home game vs. BC and I just don't see how they have the talent to beat VT. 

@ Syracuse W- This should also be a solid W, given the talent gap. 

The close games:

Miami L- Miami has underachieved massively with the talent they have on that roster. Don't look for Richt to let them do that anymore. 

Georgia Tech W- The key to beating GT is defense, we traditionally have done enough on defense to let our anemic offense win, maybe with an offensive mind at HC, we can score more. 

Virginia W- Coaching upgrade for sure, but I still think VT wins this game this year. 

@ Duke W- This game is a bit of a wildcard. These two have played some good games as of late, and this trend could continue. 

@ Pitt L- As a VT fan, Heintz Field scares the crap out of me. We just can't win there. 

@ North Carolina L- UNC will have to replace plenty of talent, and maybe VT can steal one here. 

The BIG GAMES:

vs. Tennessee W- This game is a wildcard. It's not a home game for either team. A whole crazy offseason and week of media upcoming. The fanfare. Go Hokies. 

@ Notre Dame L- We just aren't there yet offensively on the Line and we need good play from a QB to win in South Bend. I have faith that Fuente will groom Lawson/Evans to be the guy. 

That leaves them at 8-4 for me. But 6-6 isn't out of the question, and 7-5 is about what I expect. 

Too many unknowns for me to offer a prediction.  If Fuente and Cornelsen can develop a QB, they could possibly win 9 or 10 games.  Without the QB development, they could possibly lose 9-10 games.  

Yes, 9-10 is a stretch either way but it is possible.  QB play will be key either way.

UVA could see some dramatic improvements next season.  They have loads of talent on both sides of the ball.  Too much talent to be as inconsistent and plain bad the way they have been the past few years.  They may have 5 future NFL WR's/TE's on that roster. 

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...