Safe to say that Richlands vs. Appomatox was title game?

Swvafan72

First of all I am far from jealous of Richlands. If any of the Richlands posters on here will tell the truth that I have stated multiple times at how much I admire the program they have built and have stood in support on this very site against people saying that they recruit. You sir have gave your opinions I have stated facts correcting you on what day that the state championship was actually played on. Clark County made the playoffs and beat every team put in front of them to make it to the state championship so YES they deserved to be there. Richlands had TWO chances this year to prove that they were one of the best 2 teams in the state and they couldn't win those games. At some point you have to put that product on the field and when given the chance against 2 very good football teams they couldn't do it. In football you have to seize the opportunity when it's presented and they didn't. Is that enough facts for you? And those are facts not opinions.

I will agree with you to an extent that yes, had Richlands beat Union we would not be having this discussion and yes what I said was an opinionated statement. But when I choose who the top 2 teams are I don't look at stats, I don't look at record, I look at the talent that is on the field. Pure talent. Yes, Clarke took out everyone in their path to make it to state, congrats to them. Look at it like this though. They would've been seeded 8th on the west side and would've been a 2nd round game for Appomattox. IMO the top 2 teams did not play in Salem on December 12th.

Serious note and I'm done. THE FACTS say, At best Richlands is the #4 team in the state. Notice how I said the facts

Union beat them earlier in the year which gives them the tie breaker and Clarke Co beat a mature union team who beat richlands (appo, clarke, union, richlands.)

Now there is an argument for a mature Richlands beating a mature union team, but you still loss at bsg (without facing Noaks), and loss at appo. 0 backing with those losses.

*Side note* the loss to millbrook (#6 team via gilliam ratings for 4a), could position clarke above or below union/richlands but will not change the union richlands order.

Facts are facts. Don't hate, but Dont exaggerate

Serious note to you West12aaa if you will go back and read I said my opinion.... I never said anything about what I said being factual. Just from what I seen, my top 2 teams are Richlands and Appomattox.

not targeting anyone, but clarifying my stance, my apologies if it seemed like I was targeting you.

My eyes have been opened and I see the light!  You just have to connect the dots...all of which lead to Richlands of course!  So with my new found understanding, I have deduced that the VHSL 2A state championship was actually won on Sept. 25, 2015; and all thanks to VHS no less!  I will list the empirical evidence leading to my epiphany:

09-25-2015:  Spies from Appomattox subtly hid amongst the Richlands faithful.  In what was expected to be a ho-hum contest, VHS jumped out to a big lead!  They had exposed a weakness previously thought impossible to exist.  Unfortunately for VHS, they did not have the personnel to finish the deal.  But, the spies from Appomattox saw a glimmer of hope!

09-26-2015: The Raiders head coach calls an emergency meeting of the coaches, players, student body, concession staff and janitorial engineers.  "I know it is a seemingly impossible task, but I believe if we work together, we might, just maybe, have a shot at getting past Richlands.  And IF we do, we win the State title that same day".   

09-27-2015:  Though most thought the head coach was delusional, a community wide séance was held invoking the spirit of Vince Lombardi, Knute Rockne and Bill Dudley.  The plan was underway.

09-28-2015 through 11-27-2015:  Yada, Yada, Yada.  All totally irrelevant events.

11-28-2015:  Appomattox employed the secrets unwittingly supplied by VHS and did the unthinkable!  They bested the mighty Tornadoes!  Though barely, needing OT to vanquish the greatest show on turf.

11-29-2015 through 12-12-2015:  All just a formality; a foregone conclusion; much ado about nothing.  For we all knew the season ended that fateful night in September!

P.S.:  What about 09-04-2015 you Union fans may be wandering.  The only explanation I could come up with is that Sept. 4, 2015 did not occur on this plane...a Twilight Zone kinda' thing! 

Serious note and I'm done. THE FACTS say, At best Richlands is the #4 team in the state. Notice how I said the facts

Union beat them earlier in the year which gives them the tie breaker and Clarke Co beat a mature union team who beat richlands (appo, clarke, union, richlands.)

Now there is an argument for a mature Richlands beating a mature union team, but you still loss at bsg (without facing Noaks), and loss at appo. 0 backing with those losses.

*Side note* the loss to millbrook (#6 team via gilliam ratings for 4a), could position clarke above or below union/richlands but will not change the union richlands order.

Facts are facts. Don't hate, but Dont exaggerate

The facts? So I guess that means Giles was better than Glenvar last year, and Ole Miss is better than Alabama this year...

......and I don't think you'll find many fans from Richlands saying that the Blue Tornado was a better team than Bluefield last year......

Bluefield was a far better team than Richlands could have dreamed of being last year. We got the upset, but we weren't a better team. Totally different story this year.

The facts? So I guess that means Giles was better than Glenvar last year, and Ole Miss is better than Alabama this year...

glenvar/giles has their chance to prove it? Try again?

Ole Miss made it to the national semi finals last year and had an undefeated season before being beat? Try again?

This is hilarious you reaching this hard

glenvar/giles has their chance to prove it? Try again?

Just pointing out that Giles won the regular season game last year. Was I a being a little too subtle for you by not mentioning that Glenvar won the rematch?

Just pointing out that Giles won the regular season game last year. Was I a being a little too subtle for you by not mentioning that Glenvar won the rematch?

I think I was being a little to subtle... I'll ease up on you

last year is mirroring this year and add like to that, point still stands and is actually funnier because it happened twice yet it's still going over your head.

You better tell that to Florida, Memphis, and Arkansas. They're all suffering from the delusion that they defeated Ole Miss.

You taking the Rebels in the playoff???