Richlands @ Gate City

RiverRat24

Yeah... I just went to vhsl site & saw that... I probably should have done that before I posted. Looks like it's still only 4 teams at VCU & they added one extra round before that. More money for the vhsl that way I guess.

Actually, VCU is one of the quarterfinal sites as well.

Quarterfinal sites:

UVA-Wise Prior Center -- Wise

Salem Civic Center -- Salem

James Madison University -- Harrisonburg

Robinson Secondary School -- Fairfax

Siegel Center -- Richmond

Old Dominion University -- Norfolk

Looking at possible games to be held at the UVA-Wise site, winner of Honaker and Eastside boys as well as winner of Northwood and J. I. Burton girls will host there.  If Ridgeview girls and Union girls win tonight, they will also play their quarterfinals there.  So, four games at most is all that will be at Wise.

edit:  Forgot about Gate City and Graham.  If they win, they will host at Wise too.  Or would Graham choose Salem?  So, definitely two games and as many as 5 or 6.

Actually, VCU is one of the quarterfinal sites as well.

Quarterfinal sites:

UVA-Wise Prior Center -- Wise

Salem Civic Center -- Salem

James Madison University -- Harrisonburg

Robinson Secondary School -- Fairfax

Siegel Center -- Richmond

Old Dominion University -- Norfolk

Looking at possible games to be held at the UVA-Wise site, winner of Honaker and Eastside boys as well as winner of Northwood and J. I. Burton girls will host there. If Ridgeview girls and Union girls win tonight, they will also play their quarterfinals there. So, four games at most is all that will be at Wise.

edit: Forgot about Gate City and Graham. If they win, they will host at Wise too. Or would Graham choose Salem? So, definitely two games and as many as 5 or 6.

Salem makes more sense in terms of time, but Graham may want to make Dan River drive the distance.

Salem makes more sense in terms of time, but Graham may want to make Dan River drive the distance.

It wouldn't be Dan River. You play them tomorrow. It would be a team from the east. In that case, I would for sure make them come to Wise. lol

These playoff formats make no sense.

I think they do.

You play Dan River. Mavahi plays GC. The two winners will face each other for the West title. Both teams in that game will host a State quarterfinal. The two teams who play the 3rd place game will travel to the East finalists.

It's really easy actually.

I think they do.

You play Dan River. Mavahi plays GC. The two winners will face each other for the West title. Both teams in that game will host a State quarterfinal. The two teams who play the 3rd place game will travel to the East finalists.

That's not easy. That's dumb and overly convoluted for the sake of playing extra games and extracting a few thousand dollars of revenue from already cash-strapped families.

That's not easy. That's dumb and overly convoluted for the sake of playing extra games and extracting a few thousand dollars of revenue from already cash-strapped families.

They will succeed lol. Hell, I drove from Blacksburg to Gate City and back lol. You know others will do the same.

It's the VHSL, when the hell have they ever cared about anyone?

The VHSL screwed up by not having a Final Four when they made this change a few years ago.  On the other hand if they wanted it to make sense and make good money while even forking out money to schools for travel instead of having the Final Four again they should have skipped to an Elite 8 like TN does.  Have 3 hosts like in football. UVA/VCU/Liberty/VT whoever.  In basketball the options are limited only by the schools basketball schedules which they can work around if they wanted to. Send all 8 girls and boys schools to one location for 3 days of games Thursday/Friday/Saturday.  With 16 possible schools playing on Thursday you are going to have a good crowd, and when you have less than 16 schools, you probably just drew a bigger crowd from a school that has both boys and girls competing.  

I think they do.

We must not forget that he supports UVa... so he is always walking around in a state of confusion anyway....

I kid UVAObserver, I kid.... :-)