Graham vs Dan River

RiverRat24

So its just a lot of talk over a meaningless game about a over hyped team trying to justify their loss to another team? Paradoxical!

That's not a paradox. Unless the point of this rambling was that by taking the playoff game less seriously than Richlands, Graham advanced farther. That's closer to a paradox.

My two cents. . . I had to sit and listen about how great Richland's was after they beat Graham, after what was a pitiful performace... I know because I have been to their games....you don't because you have not. Then a thread about Graham vs. Union got hi jacked by Richland's and Gate City fans...

I for one am sick of Richland's fans needing somebody to sing their praises. Why don't YOU get behind your fellow Tazewell county team that is still playing, us Graham fans backed your football team..but you cant seem to return the favor. Or move on to baseball and sing your teams praises on that forum. I for one will not give a team respect just because they are begging for it. They had a good team, they had a chance to advance against Gate City and did not. Graham is still playing..…why does this still have to be about Richlands? Your season is over.

The almighty Gmen!! They gotta make it to state in something!!

At least we have a state champion this season. . .

We just had 6 kids compete in the state tourney in wrestling...and a state champion.

We STILL have more state titles in football...and all of our titles are legitimate.

Now, should we talk academics?

Sorrry, Just saying my peace! I didn't bring it up.

So is Workman essentially Graham's big man?

No. Miller, a senior and Dalton, a sophomore play the post. Workman is a guard who is good at attacking the basket. Graham has about 10 kids who get significant playing time. No teal superstars, but they all play hard and contribute. Workman and Clarke are their go to guys in critical situations, but the freshmen Allen and Cooper have stepped up in crucial situations as well. Those 2 certainly don't play like freshmen.

Workman is gritty and tough and plays hard all of the time. He is a great team leader and the closest thing Graham has to a star player. He has plenty of talent. If I were starting a team! He would be the first one I would pick regardless of who else I could choose from...Great competitor.

No. Miller, a senior and Dalton, a sophomore play the post. Workman is a guard who is good at attacking the basket. Graham has about 10 kids who get significant playing time. No teal superstars, but they all play hard and contribute. Workman and Clarke are their go to guys in critical situations, but the freshmen Allen and Cooper have stepped up in crucial situations as well. Those 2 certainly don't play like freshmen.

Workman is gritty and tough and plays hard all of the time. He is a great team leader and the closest thing Graham has to a star player. He has plenty of talent. If I were starting a team! He would be the first one I would pick regardless of who else I could choose from...Great competitor.

It's always an advantage having a competitor and leader like that on a team. If Graham can go 10 players deep they should have a good shot at wearing DR down and hanging and 'L' on them. Just hope both teams from SWVA aren't overpowered tonight.

Sounds like you guys should have a good team for several years to come with a couple freshman contributing already. Got a solid JV team to add players with these young guys that are on the varsity already?

My two cents. . . I had to sit and listen about how great Richland's was after they beat Graham, after what was a pitiful performace... I know because I have been to their games....you don't because you have not. Then a thread about Graham vs. Union got hi jacked by Richland's and Gate City fans...

I for one am sick of Richland's fans needing somebody to sing their praises. Why don't YOU get behind your fellow Tazewell county team that is still playing, us Graham fans backed your football team..but you cant seem to return the favor. Or move on to baseball and sing your teams praises on that forum. I for one will not give a team respect just because they are begging for it. They had a good team, they had a chance to advance against Gate City and did not. Graham is still playing..…why does this still have to be about Richlands? Your season is over.

How do you know that we aren't pulling for Graham? Pretty much everyone I've talked to is pulling for Graham and Gate City tonight. I'm one of those people.

Sorry we hijacked some threads. It happens on here and we are the only ones who ever do it. We are proud of our team this year. When you have a sport like Richlands basketball that has never won a playoff game and you beat Graham in a tournament and then lead Gate City at halftime, you're gonna be excited about your team.

Sorry if my unwavering fandom, even after a season is over, is upsetting to y'all.

No Problem....  I just feel that we ALL need to move on from last saturday, myself included.  Sorry about my rant..... We all had good points, I just think the focus should be re-directed by now, that's all.

I have no room to talk.  I've certainly harped on stuff until the cows came home on here before.  No hard feelings, maybe I should get a thicker skin.  It wouldn't be an interesting forum if we didn't go after each other on here from time to time. 

All that being said.  In all reality, I'm not expecting a state title from this Graham team....would be awesome if they could pull it off.  I am expecting this team to leave it all on the court.  They have shown tremendous heart this season, with the exception of a few let-downs.  If they play with that heart and toughness that I know that they have, they may make a little noise.

Good luck to them and Gate City.... I hope they don't meet each other in the losers bracket tomorrow....

One thing about it, whether they are winners or losers tonight, they will at the very least get the chance to go out east and play their #1 and #2 teams and see how they match up against them.

Good luck to Graham tonight and safe travels to everyone that's going!

No Problem.... I just feel that we ALL need to move on from last saturday, myself included. Sorry about my rant..... We all had good points, I just think the focus should be re-directed by now, that's all.

I have no room to talk. I've certainly harped on stuff until the cows came home on here before. No hard feelings, maybe I should get a thicker skin. It wouldn't be an interesting forum if we didn't go after each other on here from time to time.

All that being said. In all reality, I'm not expecting a state title from this Graham team....would be awesome if they could pull it off. I am expecting this team to leave it all on the court. They have shown tremendous heart this season, with the exception of a few let-downs. If they play with that heart and toughness that I know that they have, they may make a little noise.

Good luck to them and Gate City.... I hope they don't meet each other in the losers bracket tomorrow....

It's all good lol. Your right, what would be a good forum without some fun banter and such lol. All good.