BDT's Top 25 games for 2016...

GMan

http://www.bdtonline.com/sports/beavers-blues-highlight-football-schedules/article_5f6096b6-5605-11e6-95c7-f39d2e26d93c.html

25- Giles @ Narrows

24- Princeton @ Wheeling Park

23- River View @ PikeView

22- Twin Valley @ Grundy

21- Princeton @ Martinsburg

20- James Monroe @ Bluefield

19- Graham @ Galax

18- Tazewell @ Richlands

17- Greenbrier East @ James Monroe

16- Graham @ Giles

15- Honaker @ George Wythe

14- Graham @ Tazewell

13- Abingdon @ Richlands

12- Ridgeview @ Honaker

11- Mount View @ River View

10- Narrows @ Bland Co.

9- James Monroe @ Princeton

8- Woodrow Wilson @ Bluefield

7- Richlands @ Graham

6- Bluefield @ Point Pleasant

5- Princeton @ Bluefield

4- Glenvar @ Giles

3- Union @ Richlands

2- Bluefield @ Graham

1- Bluefield @ Richlands

Discuss...

With the exception of the Tazewell game, Graham has been on the losing end of their matchups on this list. I'm interested to see if the defense has improved enough to play with these guys. They showed flashes of good defense at times. Very dedicated group of young men this season. I see them out there running and conditioning on their own time sometimes when I go by the school.

http://www.bdtonline.com/sports/beavers-blues-highlight-football-schedules/article_5f6096b6-5605-11e6-95c7-f39d2e26d93c.html

25- Giles @ Narrows

24- Princeton @ Wheeling Park

23- River View @ PikeView

22- Twin Valley @ Grundy

21- Princeton @ Martinsburg

20- James Monroe @ Bluefield

19- Graham @ Galax

18- Tazewell @ Richlands

17- Greenbrier East @ James Monroe

16- Graham @ Giles

15- Honaker @ George Wythe

14- Graham @ Tazewell

13- Abingdon @ Richlands

12- Ridgeview @ Honaker

11- Mount View @ River View

10- Narrows @ Bland Co.

9- James Monroe @ Princeton

8- Woodrow Wilson @ Bluefield

7- Richlands @ Graham

6- Bluefield @ Point Pleasant

5- Princeton @ Bluefield

4- Glenvar @ Giles

3- Union @ Richlands

2- Bluefield @ Graham

1- Bluefield @ Richlands

Discuss...

exasperation.jpg

I assume #11 is included for comedy's sake, because those two teams will have fewer wins combined than the teams in #13 will have combined losses.

Pretty much, the author and editor picked 20 rivalry games, and 5 games decided by throwing darts at a dartboard of local schedules, and arranged them without any sensical reason as to where the games should actually be.

how good should Bluefield be this year?

Still have Carlos Reed and a Richlands transfer at quarterback who has a really strong arm. I think they lost a lot on the line though.

Bluefield's line was abused when they went against more physical teams last year and the Beavers lost four starters there.  The secondary had major problems against good teams too.  I'm not sold on how good Bluefield will be.  I think they'll field a young team but they still have a difference maker in Mookie Collier running the ball.  Reed is faster but I think Collier is still the best player on the team.

Still have Carlos Reed and a Richlands transfer at quarterback who has a really strong arm. I think they lost a lot on the line though.

I need to get my eyes checked because I must be seeing stuff. Does that sentence say a Richlands transfer? Is he insinuating they got a Richlands transfer? LOL

I need to get my eyes checked because I must be seeing stuff. Does that sentence say a Richlands transfer? Is he insinuating they got a Richlands transfer? LOL

You read that right. Cody Fuller transferred to Bluefield. More of a basketball move, but we will see what happens in football, I suppose.

You read that right. Cody Fuller transferred to Bluefield. More of a basketball move, but we will see what happens in football, I suppose.

I heard that he is interested in a college program at WVU and moved to establish residency and the basketball thing fit right in too.

I heard that he is interested in a college program at WVU and moved to establish residency and the basketball thing fit right in too.

There's also the one where his dad may now be on staff with the Beavers basketball, so that could be the reason. Hard to tell without talking directly to the family.