Graham Football

bgibb

Any info on how the G-Men will be this season? Looking at their schedule I see 5 games that are going to be tough. Bluefield, Richlands, Giles, Abingdon, and Galax are the toughest teams on the schedule. I think this is the best chance that Graham has had in awhile to beat Bluefield but Bluefield is still Bluefield. Richlands will be interesting being played on a Thursday night but I still don't think Graham is where they need to be to beat Richlands. I don't see Graham beating Giles but I can see them surprising Abingdon and beating Galax. Just my opinions, at best I see a 7-3 record, worst case 5-5 or 4-6 if they lose one they should win. Thoughts?

I've got them at 7-3 with losses to Bluefield and Richlands. I think Giles is pretty down and Graham will beat them. I also see them upsetting one of Abingdon and Galax. They are a dark horse this year if they find any bit of consistent defense.

Graham will be a very exciting team to watch during this coming VHSL football season but they have a very difficult schedule of games. All those posting on this topic so far seem to agree that the Blues have made another successful acquisition before the trading deadline so that them, Bluefield, and Abingdon are likely losses for Graham. I think both Giles and Galax may be slightly improved teams this season and will add a couple more to the G-men loss column. I will be routing for Graham in most of these gridiron clashes but I suspect a 5 and 5 season may be in store for them in 2016. But I do think the hotdogs at Mitchell Stadium, both on and off the field, are as good as any around. Tazewell has the best popcorn and would be a great location to start up a football program.   

If the G-Men find an offensive line, learn to tackle and cover receivers they will have a great year. Still not sure they will have the speed to match up with Bluefield or the physicallity to play with Richlands. Hopefully Coach Palmer has these issues worked out by the time the season starts.

I'll say that 7-3 is very possible that season. Perhaps even better if things fall into place. Much like last season, Graham will be a dangerous matchup for anybody come playoff time, once the youthful linemen again experience. They will have difficulty matching up with bigger and more physical teams, but their offense may be able to pull out some games despite that. Could make a good run this year.

They've got a few more weapons than Cousin... they did go 6-0 at the Ferrum 7 on 7 against some pretty good competition.  Once again, the concern will be the lineplay, lack of experience and depth.  Linebackers and Cornerbacks and safety should be solid on defense....lineplay will be the big issue on both sides of the ball.  They have a few that can play, just inexperienced and young.  Graham should be playing it's best ball at the end of the year again this season, once everybody gels together.  Just my opinion, however....can't wait to see them scrimmage on friday to see how they have progressed.  This is a great group of kids, very hard working and determined.  They're already winners in my book.