Christiansburg vs Abingdon

Falcon Mania

OK its a crap shoot at best.  But my money is on I-81/I-77.  The red lights alone should be enough deterrent.  On the other side if you go 19, you could always stop at Cuz's for dinner.  There is the one bright spot to taking 19.

And if you go 81, you have the Dip Dog stand to eat at, a personal favorite of mine. 

Love the Dip Dog.... But if I come there, there will be no time for eating, until I am in the stadium.  Lol.

Im sure Im in the minority but Dip-Dog > Cuzs.  I just havent had much luck the few times I have stopped at Cuzs after working a Saturday game along 19.

I love both places. To me, there's no comparison. One is an upscale type restaurant and the other is a mom n pop type place.

Living off of 81--can be on it in minutes, I do not like traveling it.   99% of time  I travel 19 toward Richlands  or 11 if going toward Bristol.  Having roots in Tazewell Co., when I travel 19N it's  like comfort food,  I get nostalgic.  When I travel 81 N or S, its hurry up and get there before you are backed up by construction or an accident.  Of course, when there is an accident, it is a time to always say a prayer for the need.

I know the Dip Dog is an iconic restaurant at 7 Mile Ford, but I don't think its "cuisine" can beat the King Kone in Richlands.

GO BLUES

LET'S FINISH

Where is Cuzs anyway?  Never heard of it.

WHAT?!?!

It's about 4 minutes on the other side of the Claypool Hill Walmart on 460. It's the big barn on the right hand side of the road. They have a 40oz steak there called the "hunks" that is the best steak I've ever had. It's pricey, but in my experiences, it's well worth it. 

http://www.cuzs.com

WHAT?!?!

It's about 4 minutes on the other side of the Claypool Hill Walmart on 460. It's the big barn on the right hand side of the road. They have a 40oz steak there called the "hunks" that is the best steak I've ever had. It's pricey, but in my experiences, it's well worth it. 

http://www.cuzs.com

This right here.  Anytime I'm over that way I always make time for a Cuz's stop

OK its a crap shoot at best. But my money is on I-81/I-77. The red lights alone should be enough deterrent. On the other side if you go 19, you could always stop at Cuz's for dinner. There is the one bright spot to taking 19.

You drive 77, you've got a coin flip proposition as to whether you'll be sitting at the East River Tunnel at a standstill for an hour.

It'll be I-81 for me when we go play Graham later this month. That ride up 19 has to be the most boring ride in SWVA. Once you leave Claypool Hill there is pretty much nothing till you get to Bluefield.

You want boring? Go 64E out of Beckley, or 19N out of Summersvile. Makes Tazewell look like Atlantic City.

You drive 77, you've got a coin flip proposition as to whether you'll be sitting at the East River Tunnel at a standstill for an hour.

That's why you watch the map app on the iPhone and and if you see the red line that says traffic is stopped, drop off at Bastian and go over to Tazewell and then up to Bluefield. 

Definitely horses of two different colors, but Ive yet to have a meal that I was that happy with at Cuzs.

So glad someone else agrees with me.  Cuz's is WAY overrated.  Their food is overpriced and not very good.  They use way too much vinegar in/on everything they make.  The only thing worth eating is the eggroll.  My MIL loves going there, so to appease her, we go once/year...and every time, one or more people in our group ends up getting sick afterwards (the johnnytrots, if you know what I mean).

Then they have that bull about "no hats".  C'mon man, you're eating in a barn. 

So glad someone else agrees with me. Cuz's is WAY overrated. Their food is overpriced and not very good. They use way too much vinegar in/on everything they make. The only thing worth eating is the eggroll. My MIL loves going there, so to appease her, we go once/year...and every time, one or more people in our group ends up getting sick afterwards (the johnnytrots, if you know what I mean).

Then they have that bull about "no hats". C'mon man, you're eating in a barn.

I think their steak is the best I've ever had.

I'm not real crazy about Cuz's myself.  It's good,  but for the money,  in my humble opinion it could be better.  The last 2 times I've eat there,  mine and my wife's steak was a little tough and her baked potato was not quite done.

As far as the best steak I have ever had is down in Pigeon Forge at a place called the Alamo Steak house.  Both the one in P.Forge and the one over at Gatlinburg.  The Porterhouse is outta this world !

Some weekends,  we will hop on my bike and ride down and stay over night and always go there to eat dinner,  sometimes we go to Bennett's BBQ,  but most of the time it's Alamo.  They also have a fantastic burger.  They grind the meat fresh you get a full 1 pound  burger and what they call a mountain of fries..........mmmmmm gooood !

Now you know why I am 260lbs.....lol

pardon me,  for some reason I put "hope" instead of "hop"........fixed it !

The only steak I have had there was a smoked ribeye and it wasnt anything special.  Especially for the money.  The best thing I have had there was a fish dinner of some type.  Cant even remember what it was its been so long.  Honestly, I think Cookout beats them bbq plate.

I'm not real crazy about Cuz's myself.  It's good,  but for the money,  in my humble opinion it could be better.  The last 2 times I've eat there,  mine and my wife's steak was a little tough and her baked potato was not quite done.

As far as the best steak I have ever had is down in Pigeon Forge at a place called the Alamo Steak house.  Both the one in P.Forge and the one over at Gatlinburg.  The Porterhouse is outta this world !

Some weekends,  we will hope on my bike and ride down and stay over night and always go there to eat dinner,  sometimes we go to Bennetts BBQ,  but most of the time it's Alamo.  They also have a fantastic burger.  They grind the meat fresh you get a full 1 pound  burger and what they call a mountain of fries..........mmmmmm gooood !

Ive at at Alamo once and it was ok.  I had halibut that was cooked well.  Im wanting to try Holstons sometime soon when I am back down to Sevierville.  The Hawaiian Ribeye is what I am eyeing.

[quote name="Bigrhsfan" post="345938" time!

Some weekends, we will hope on my bike and ride down and stay over night and always go there to eat dinner, sometimes we go to Bennetts BBQ, but most of the time it's Alamo. They also have a fantastic burger. They grind the meat fresh you get a full 1 pound burger and what they call a mountain of fries..........mmmmmm gooood !