Central @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

It's homecoming week for the Blues. Coach Mance HATES this week with a burning passion. That could be even more so this week since the Blues love taking the first half off this season. 

Will Mullins and the RB be back this week? 

Richlands had little trouble with Central last year at their house ( beautiful place by the way ! ),  and I know that as of right now this Richlands team may not be quite as good all around as last years team,  and with this game at Ernie I see this game being dominated by the blues again this year,  especially with Mullins and Jesse out.  I don't mean any disrespect to the Central team or it's fans,  I just don't think they are ready yet to compete with the likes of Richlands or Abingdon .......just yet.   I think they are just a tier below those teams right now.  I do think that everything that school has going for it, facilities, talent, fan base, coaching,  they have everything it takes to get there. 

As always,  this is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

How do u know #71 for central is out Friday? He opens a lot of holes for the warriors

That's a mistake I made in my post.  I should not have put "especially with Mullins and Jesse out."

I have no idea who is out and who is in with Central,  what I should have said was  IF they are out.  I was just going by what I read in other post,  so sense I have no idea myself I should not have said it like I knew it as fact.  I apologize for that mistake in that part of my post.

I still think that the blues win by at least 17 points whether he plays or not.

Just my opinion. I feel like is they was healthy with the ground and pound game central plays. They would give Richlands a good fight considering I heard Graham and Union went down their throat. But I don't know if they could get pressure on Asbury and make him make some mistakes.

Just my opinion. I feel like is they was healthy with the ground and pound game central plays. They would give Richlands a good fight considering I heard Graham and Union went down their throat. But I don't know if they could get pressure on Asbury and make him make some mistakes.

I wouldn't exactly say Graham ran it down their throat.  It was really quite the opposite.  We tried running Cousin down their throat 15 or 16 times and that was it.  Union may have I didn't see that game.

I wouldn't exactly say Graham ran it down their throat.  It was really quite the opposite.  We tried running Cousin down their throat 15 or 16 times and that was it.  Union may have I didn't see that game.

Union ran a power backfield and had decent success at times, but I still think they only rushed for 160ish total yards against Richlands. I thought Richlands D is the shining spot of the season so far. Graham will score on anybody, so the fact that we held them scoreless for 2 1/2 quarters at the end was big. And Union only managed 21 points in regulation. I doubt they are held that low again until deep in the playoffs. I just don't think Central has the firepower (whether those guys were playing or not) to hang with Richlands. The offense found something last week and it will be interesting to see if they can keep that up or if they come out flat after two big wins in successive weeks. That's the big thing to watch for me. 

So Union held Richlands to only 21 points in regulation as well?  Just checking...

Yes. They did. Because they are a VERY good team. You're putting words in my mouth. I only said that I was pleased with our defense. I never said anything about their defense. 

7 of those points that Union scored were from a pick 6 by Mitchell also,  so their offense scored 14.

The Richlands D for the most part this year has surprised me and been a little better than what I expected.  Some ( me included ) have talk about the D being the weak spot,  they have have been the classic "bend but don't break"  so far.  

Union was able to move the ball against Richlands in the power running game,  but only scored 14 points in doing that.  Now I know that one TD was called back but that was a good call,  but the point being,  that as much as most have talked on here about the blues D,  they have not given up many points.

As good as Union is,  they will run the ball on a lot of people this year.

Graham has the type of offense that will put a lot of yardage on people and put a lot of points up.  I don't think some on here realize just how good Graham is.........especially on offense !  They will be one scary team come the playoffs !

The  blues offense has been the surprise to me.  They haven't been quite as prolific as I thought they would be and I think there are a couple of reasons why.  The competition they have played being one BIG reason,  the lack of a sustainable running attack,  and also the line at times not protecting JLA as well as they need to.  The decision making of JLA at times has not been as good as needed also,  but I am pretty sure that most of these issues are being or will be fixed.  At times during the 3 games we have seen what this offense can do,  it just needs to be more consistent. 

Good gawd...you have the thinnest skin on Earth. Instead of Ryno, I think I will start calling you Paper; in reference to your paper thin skin.

careful he will *gasp* block you for being everything but unbiased toward richlands.

Good gawd...you have the thinnest skin on Earth. Instead of Ryno, I think I will start calling you Paper; in reference to your paper thin skin.

I've asked you to please not call me that. I lost a good friend who called me that and I would rather you not call me that, please.

And call me what you want. I'm on edge from stress and family health issues. So if making fun of me gets your rocks off, be my f*<%#+= guest.