FB Score Updates Week 4 -9/16/2016

tbgfan

Interesting...I think the Graham-Bluefield game from a few years ago should be on that list.  I think it was 76-48, I'll have to check the score later, but that's 124 points and there are games involving out-of-state schools on that list.

You have the right score.  

I believe if something qualifies it has to be reported to them for it be included in the record book.

Could be.  I had to contact them on a state record team golf score in 2005 when I was still in the golf business.  We hosted the State Tourney and Magna Vista shot a two day total of 588, which set the mark at the time.

They are just asking for the other team to score a lot of points on them.

Yep, unless they recover. And they did 2x tonight. I think they have some different formations they use, according to radio.

Could be.  I had to contact them on a state record team golf score in 2005 when I was still in the golf business.  We hosted the State Tourney and Magna Vista shot a two day total of 588, which set the mark at the time.

I had asked about a record some years back and if I remember correctly they said it was up to school's to report anything that needed to be added to the book.

We have had a couple of deeper kicks tonight so it is possible. These refs are killing it tonight...

They have missed stuff they should have called and called stuff they should have let go.... Chilhowie has had ineligible linemen downfield on several pass plays.  The ball that Tazewell touched on the kickoff and then ran back into the endzone with it should have been a safety, but they missed that one too.  It has been bad both ways.

They are just asking for the other team to score a lot of points on them.

So far, the scores of Blacksburg's games have been: 35-28 loss to Giles; 48-14 win over Bassett, and then of course the 48-31 loss to Abingdon tonight.  Abingdon's put up a lot of points regardless so far. 35 against Battle, 56 against Gate City, 65 against Christiansburg, and the 48 tonight.

So far, the scores of Blacksburg's games have been: 35-28 loss to Giles; 48-14 win over Bassett, and then of course the 48-31 loss to Abingdon tonight. Abingdon's put up a lot of points regardless so far. 35 against Battle, 56 against Gate City, 65 against Christiansburg, and the 48 tonight.

We've put up a lot of points this season but now are 1-3...

Did JSB beating Lebanon surprise anybody else? No disrespect intended to either team.

That Grundy-Lebanon score made me hesitate in picking Lebanon.  Instead, I decided to keep it the same and change the Grundy/East Ridge prediction...that worked out well.

That Grundy-Lebanon score made me hesitate in picking Lebanon.

Good point, I guess I was just baseing my pick on Lebanons early season success and what I saw from JSB against Abingdon. Was afraid Lebanon could be a trap game for Abingdon....and it still could be.

Looking at those records it's crazy that Galax has had 3 straight seasons with a RB with 3000+ yards

May soon be 4 straight years. I believe Dougie Peoples went over 1,000 yards tonight and Galax appears poised for another deep playoff run.

Just talked to another vhsl official and they stated player had to sit out one play no matter if t/o was taking or not

Turns out to be a moot point....it was a different player than the injured one afterall. Those AHS jerseys are so hard to read.

The ball that Tazewell touched on the kickoff and then ran back into the endzone with it should have been a safety, but they missed that one too.  It has been bad both ways.

Did the player touch a ball that reached the end zone on a kickoff, or possess it and then fumble it into an end zone?

If it was just touched (muffed) into the end zone then the kick never ended per NFHS rules and as soon as it crossed the goal line it was a touchback automatically.  If a R player possessed the ball, then that is a horse of a different color.