richlands and grundy

#1BLUESFAN

I don't see Richlands resting any starters period for this game. Mance may start pulling starters out in the 2nd quarter if it's a one sided game. Richlands 42-0.

No, you'll see a lot of starters not out there. Ball didn't play last week. He and Collins missed the VHS game. Howie is banged up. Landon was taken to the hospital after last weeks game but he's ok. You won't see several of the top guys out there. 

No, you'll see a lot of starters not out there. Ball didn't play last week. He and Collins missed the VHS game. Howie is banged up. Landon was taken to the hospital after last weeks game but he's ok. You won't see several of the top guys out there. 

Wow, I didn't know all that. That's crazy how much depth they have that some of their top players can take a game off to rest up. I guess it's that time of the season to start looking ahead to the playoffs and with Abingdon coming up too. Smart coaching.

Wow, I didn't know all that. That's crazy how much depth they have that some of their top players can take a game off to rest up. I guess it's that time of the season to start looking ahead to the playoffs and with Abingdon coming up too. Smart coaching.

They have 6 or 7 receivers that can play on any team west of Salem right now except maybe Graham or Abingdon. Pretty set at that spot. Horne took over for Howie after he went down and he ended up with 3 TDs on the night against Tazewell and Brown had one as well. Those are the 5 and 6 receivers. 

Grundy by 36-20

Everyone is allowed to have a dream,  and this is his.  I like the boldness of the pick but..............  

The blues win big, maybe not as big as they would have if they didn't have all the little nagging injuries,  but still win big.

Several years ago Gate City had one of those teams that no one in the area could compete with, they would always put 35+ points up by halftime.The starters would be rested and the subs got a lot of playing time, but during the playoffs the starters had to play the whole game. The starters were tired and out of shape and it cost them playoff game or state game against Gretna????not sure of which but it was because they hadn't played 4 quarters the whole year.resting players is a good ideal but not at the cost of missing playing time.Mance is a great coach so he will do what he needs too, .

CalPreps has Richlands winning 48-0. Heard today that many of the starters will suit up and depending on the walkthrough on Thursday and the field conditions at Grundy on Friday, they may play them some. We'll see how much that actually turns out to be. 

These predictions given are extremely generous, in reality, Richlands can post 60+ on them with backups.

I predicted 42-0. I know Richlands could put up 70+ easily, but Mance has never run the score up on Grundy, and he could've if he really wanted to over the years. I think he's had a good relationship with the Grundy coaches over the years and shows them a lot of respect when they play.

What are you smoking over there? Honestly, it would be the upset of the year in SWVA if Grundy pulled this one off, IMO. I could be wrong, but Grundy is 2-3 years away.

2-3 years away and 22 players ,1 coach and a bunch of cheer leaders,a stadium and some real loud fans.Grundy is a solid ball club but I have seen JLA inaction and it will be like a gunslinger and the town school teacher in a gunfight.Grundy is 8 or 10 transfers away from being good as Richlands