John Battle vs. Gate City

John Battle sports

Senior Night for Gate City. More than likely the last time our Seniors will play under the lights at Legion Field.

I like our chances if we can sniff out the option. Battle does some crazy stuff with their motion backs in the "Wing Pistol". if we hold true to our keys and do not get suckered in to the QB and leave the pitch man open we should be ok. Looks like Battle will bore you to death with run run run then try to catch you sleeping with a pass. Offensively, Gate City just has to keep doing what they're doing. We need to hang on to the ball a little better than we did last week. Other than that just win Big Blue!!!

Devils 35

Trojans 31

My son plays for Battle. So I see them every week. I've been to one GC game during our bye week & watched 4 or 5 of their games online. For Battle to have a chance, they will need to set the tone by finding a way to block #53 & #40, & a way to corral #7 .... Also, Battle only has 6 or 7 Seniors. They are very young. They will be better next year. But realistically, I'd say that they are 2 years away.

If the offense can get going Battle will be fine! The defense is solid. And I believe they can stop Gate City's offense. But if we allow their offense to stay on the field long enough they have athletes and will adventually break one for a big gains or touchdowns. Gotta put more points up than we have the past 2 games or Gate City will pull it out.

If the offense can get going Battle will be fine! The defense is solid. And I believe they can stop Gate City's offense. But if we allow their offense to stay on the field long enough they have athletes and will adventually break one for a big gains or touchdowns. Gotta put more points up than we have the past 2 games or Gate City will pull it out.

I dunno man, stopping GC is easier said than done. Collier is a mmmonster out there, and the WRs can make plays. GC is rolling right now. Your best bet is ourscorin them, not stopping them IMO.

My son plays for Battle (#4). So I see them every week. I've been to one GC game during our bye week & watched 4 or 5 of their games online. For Battle to have a chance, they will need to set the tone by finding a way to block #53 & #45, & a way to corral #7 .... Also, Battle only has 6 or 7 Seniors. They are very young. They will be better next year. But realistically, I'd say that they are 2 years away.

Where was you able to find online game of GC at?

They're not on YouTube or etc. More than likely he watched GC on his son Hudl account. Cant view them unless given access. Coaches use Hudl now to trade game film, I'm pretty sure that's how he's seen us.

My son's Hudl account for a couple of them. The other's I watched through a Hudl account of guy at work's son.

We were lucky to pull this one out. 

Maybe the worst we have played all year. 

Oh well...........a win is a win. Got to get some kids healthy (had 7 on the sidelines not dressed out tonight), and get ready for Wise Central next week. 

Dang.... So close

Looked like the few times the blocking was good for the GC RBs they didn't follow their blockers. Had a few opportunities to put points on the board and had them negated with holding and offsides penalties.

GC didn't play well on offense at all but aside for the 2 bad coverages on the 2 scoring pass plays by Battle I thought the defense played pretty well. But just as much credit goes to Battle on those scoring plays....those 2 passes were on the money and hit the receivers in stride. Congrats to Blue...glad to see the boys fight and pull out another win. Future could be bright in a couple years for the Devils. I thought Battle looked good tonight. Defense played pretty well and held Collier and Hamilton in check for the most part.

I don't think I've ever seen those refs before....at least that I remember. Wouldnt bother me a bit if I never seen them again either haha Id like to see the penalty totals for this game. I know it will probably never happen.....but I wish in high school the refs would have to call out the number of the player being accused of a holding penalty (I'm guessing maybe the refs will tell the coach who the call was on if he asks but still). A couple instances tonight there was such a clutter of lineman in a big pile that there's no way the refs could actually see anyone's hands or what was going on. Holding could probably be called on just about every play....so some of the calls I'm sure we're probably legit. But some of the others seemed like phantom calls.