Lee high vs Union

Gobigred94

Union hasn't been pushed since the Gate City game,and I don't see this game as a close one.Some are saying that they are ready to run the coach off already after 1 year at LEE, and they wonder why their program suffers every year.Lee is the largest AA school in this end of the state ,and they have some good athletes, they even hired a state champion coach from another state several years ago ,but they ran him off too.Lee should be a beast,but there not.KEEP YOUR COACH MORE THAN 3 YEARS AND MAYBE SOMETHING MIGHT HAPPEN.

I agree with you jarhead our school broad won't leave anyone alone long enough to get a system in place And to get the young talent do the same as the high school before all ages start doing the same thing we change ever thing and have to start over. Still don't understand why they fired Martin him ad his coaching staff was doing a great job

I say this game will not even be as close as the last. Lees line is big but very bad coached they just stand look around when defense starts blitzing they have known idea who is to pickup who so know one gets anyone

I agree with you jarhead our school broad won't leave anyone alone long enough to get a system in place And to get the young talent do the same as the high school before all ages start doing the same thing we change ever thing and have to start over. Still don't understand why they fired Martin him ad his coaching staff was doing a great job

I thought he and Palko were both heading in the right direction. It's very clear to see that Lee has the athletes. Too bad the school board can't keep their hands out of the day-to-day operation of the school division. A school board's job is to oversee the district as a means of checks and balances not dictate who the football coach is going to be.

I say this game will not even be as close as the last. Lees line is big but very bad coached they just stand look around when defense starts blitzing they have known idea who is to pickup who so know one gets anyone

In  that case, easiest thing to do is to just have them step to their inside gap and force everything to their outside on passing plays..on runs step towards the hole the ball is going to, get their head across on the first guy they see and let no one cross their face.  That's not hard to coach, it's common sense.

Palko was the coach that should have been left alone. Martin reaped the work that Palko put into the program, and many are starting to see this. If Palko had this line, could you imagine the wishbone, double wing, double tight t. THEY would definitely be competitive.

In that case, easiest thing to do is to just have them step to their inside gap and force everything to their outside on passing plays..on runs step towards the hole the ball is going to, get their head across on the first guy they see and let no one cross their face. That's not hard to coach, it's common sense.

Lee runs zone blocking but fail to produce bubbles to form run lanes too many 1v1s, instead of 2v1 and pushing to the 2nd level.

Lee runs zone blocking but fail to produce bubbles to form run lanes too many 1v1s, instead of 2v1 and pushing to the 2nd level.

If you aren't getting results, scrap the scheme and just go by blocking rules.  It's simpler and works vs. any front.  All a player needs to know is where the hole is supposed to be because it tells them which foot to step with first, and head placement...and they need to know whether they pull or not for sweeps, traps etc.  It's tried, proven and unbelievably simple..PV used it for years.  More or less each lineman is responsible for an area or a gap and blocks who shows in an effort to have the point of attack sealed off and blocked up for the RB to get yards.

If you aren't getting results, scrap the scheme and just go by blocking rules. It's simpler and works vs. any front. All a player needs to know is where the hole is supposed to be because it tells them which foot to step with first, and head placement...and they need to know whether they pull or not for sweeps, traps etc. It's tried, proven and unbelievably simple..PV used it for years. More or less each lineman is responsible for an area or a gap and blocks who shows in an effort to have the point of attack sealed off and blocked up for the RB to get yards.

Would you shoulder or hand block, also if I had a hand in the pot, I would suggest a good/God system shoulder blocking.. (gap on outside down for point of attack (gap on down for playside) pull and cut on backside. Passing just as you describe first step inside then work out. To me this creates more leverage and angles to make 1v1s easier and allows player to play, just cause it's used on Saturday or Sunday does not make it fit for fridays.

Palio and Martin also had most of the assistant coaching staff this year everyone changed and the hole system has changed they are try to do to much cross blocking and their to slow to do that and they miss most their first blocks bye trying to get up field to block

Palio and Martin also had most of the assistant coaching staff this year everyone changed and the hole system has changed they are try to do to much cross blocking and their to slow to do that and they miss most their first blocks bye trying to get up field to block

what happens with the running back start counting backers and chooses a hole? He get blasted by a d linemen, I'm fine with zone blocking but with any blocking scheme, staying low, hitting your target on contact and driving will out perform any scheme

Would you shoulder or hand block, also if I had a hand in the pot, I would suggest a good/God system shoulder blocking.. (gap on outside down for point of attack (gap on down for playside) pull and cut on backside. Passing just as you describe first step inside then work out. To me this creates more leverage and angles to make 1v1s easier and allows player to play, just cause it's used on Saturday or Sunday does not make it fit for fridays.

I see it like this, there aren't many players in this region who are going to make a living playing football on Sundays...there are very few that are even going to play after high school.  So, my philosophy is to teach techniques consistant with what you have talentwise and what you want to accomplish.  On a HS level, I prefer players coached to use shoulders and throw forearms...It's more physical and easier to teach.  If a coach has a player who excells to the point that teaching them to use their hands to block will improve their game, or if a player has genuine collegiate prospects, by all means teach 'em all you can.  But, a lineman trained to effectively run block with a shoulder and forearm trumps all else in HS football IMO. Now, pass blocking, I'm 100% on board with blocking with hands...but not run blocking.

True Zone blocking is tough and there are only a few coaches in SWVA capable of coaching it effictively.

Hand v Shoulder blocking is a great conversation and both have their advantages, depends on the overall scheme and what you're trying to accomplish. A Zone scheme operates better with hand blocking, I prefer initiating contact with the shoulder and finish with arms extended, that's what I was taught and that's what I like.

If the administration in Lee would a coach alone for 4-5 years they would probably be MUCH more successful

every year.Lee is the largest AA school in this end of the state

As of the last ADM report, Central, Richlands, and Ridgeview reported higher numbers, and Lee was just above Gate City.  For the first time that I've seen, Abingdon was the only school in the area that reported numbers of 700.  Lee was holding pretty steady and had seen some increase over the past few years but really took a hit this last year or two.

http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/alignment-March-31-2016-ADM-numbers.pdf

Union better be ready or Lee could turn things around on them.Gate City was beat pretty bad several years ago by Powell Valley,as was Clintwood,but come playoff time they both got the revenge "W",New season starts Friday and its win or go home, what you did before Friday doesnt matter. Someone will be a victim of a upset, Gate City has the best 5-5 team in the state by far, and it only takes one mistake sometimes for that upset to happen.

Gotta say school board is a joke here in Lee County. That being said Lee does have a chance against Union if it is 11 on 11 personally I think Union co uh LD beat most of the nearby Collage teams with all home cooking going on. Coach P has tried to lift the team but I believe he has no support from the SB and until stability from the top down comes along Lee will be a middle of the road team we have no structure in the small division on up If we can get more people involved at the peewee level and go from there Lee could evolve into a top level team. IT IS VERY SAD to sit in the stands and listen to parents that do not have a clue about the game of Football and are not willing to quit sugar coating bad plays and performances. Our Children are sponges and need to be taught how to be productive on the field and off. Anyway Lee has the athletic talent to beat Union. Just need to play a near perfect game and get a fair shake from the guys in stripes.

Gotta say school board is a joke here in Lee County. That being said Lee does have a chance against Union if it is 11 on 11 personally I think Union co uh LD beat most of the nearby Collage teams with all home cooking going on. Coach P has tried to lift the team but I believe he has no support from the SB and until stability from the top down comes along Lee will be a middle of the road team we have no structure in the small division on up If we can get more people involved at the peewee level and go from there Lee could evolve into a top level team. IT IS VERY SAD to sit in the stands and listen to parents that do not have a clue about the game of Football and are not willing to quit sugar coating bad plays and performances. Our Children are sponges and need to be taught how to be productive on the field and off. Anyway Lee has the athletic talent to beat Union. Just need to play a near perfect game and get a fair shake from the guys in stripes.

Ohh boy. So a 40 point loss is because of refs? That's moronic. Lee couldn't move the ball, Union did at will. Lee is on a losing streak, Union has won 8 straight.

It's hilarious you think Lee/Union would be competitive if e refs didn't help Union. Hope this is an elaborate troll.

And Lee doesn't have the talent to beat Union, get a clue.