Union @ Dan River

Unionguy_2017

Let's get it going. I think Union came out flat last night against Lee due to not being motivated. I don't think that will happen this week. Thoughts? Most people seem to be counting Union out. I think that shock some of the folks up state this weekend.

I agree about the T. Union has experimented with multiple formations this year, but the passing game just isn't where it needs to be. We're not going to be able to match DR's speed across the board. Need to go with the full house backfield with #5 at FB, and wear the Wildcats down. Work in some tosses and passes off of that.

I agree about the T. Union has experimented with multiple formations this year, but the passing game just isn't where it needs to be. We're not going to be able to match DR's speed across the board. Need to go with the full house backfield with #5 at FB, and wear the Wildcats down. Work in some tosses and passes off of that.

In short yardage, I trust 5 more than 12.

I guess they trying to save money for hotel rooms in case they have to travel the next two weeks. Just my opinion or they don't like staying overnight with what happened at clarke co last year was not ready after long drive and not sleeping well just a hutch.

I was told so Union would get home earlier. Still a moronic decision.

You play all year to get here and then make a decision that could end your entire season basing it on what time you will get home?!? That's smart... IMO, if you aren't willing to give up some Saturdays in November or December, coaching may not be an ideal line of work. The team should always be priority #1, not convenience.

As many people went up to Clarke on Friday and spent the night I'm hoping we'll have a good turnout. I'm sure a lot of factors went into this decision. If we beat DR we could conceivably have 2 more 4 + hour trips the following two weeks.

May not like it, but I'll be there Friday night.

Stay in the old Appalachia t-formation and run the ball then play action pass to the te's wear them down imo dan river 24 union 20 due to unions kicking game is not very good and that's being nice about.

Your exactly right, if we stay in the spread its gonna get ugly. I think it was 1989 when appy played bath co. Bath co was 12-0 and we were 7-5 and we went there and literally ran about 4 yards a play and beat them. The FB Shane Gibson broke the state record that day with 45 carries. That's the game plan union should go with vs. Dan River but easier said than done.

Your exactly right, if we stay in the spread its gonna get ugly. I think it was 1989 when appy played bath co. Bath co was 12-0 and we were 7-5 and we went there and literally ran about 4 yards a play and beat them. The FB Shane Gibson broke the state record that day with 45 carries. That's the game plan union should go with vs. Dan River but easier said than done.

I was only 8 years old and remember that well the next week went to madison co and did the same thing and brought that title home to Appalachia for Coach Turners first of 5 he would guide his teams too. That was hard nose football thou don't know if this kids have it in them or not