Union @ Dan River

Unionguy_2017

You play all year to get here and then make a decision that could end your entire season basing it on what time you will get home?!? That's smart... IMO, if you aren't willing to give up some Saturdays in November or December, coaching may not be an ideal line of work. The team should always be priority #1, not convenience.

ADs decision.

I. FREAKING. HATE IT. Such a bad decision, schools too cheap for a hotel. Just pure stupidity, and I'd tell Goforth that.

I'm sure he'll lose sleep over your angst.  Lol!

Serious question:  Does anything actually make you happy?

You seem to have a constant case of butt hurt, 24/7, 365. 

Not sure I've seen a 6 o clock start on a friday kickoff.  It is what it is.  Might be hard for some of the Union folks to get there in time for kickoff.

Not sure about the school being too "cheap" for a hotel.  That would be the responsibility of the boosters and parents to raise money for just this sort of thing.  Schools these days really don't have a dime to spare for anything, they have been cut to the bone.  Not the A.D.'s fault if there is no money for a hotel stay.

Regardless, I wish them luck and hope they come home with a "w".

Here's the deal, Dan River and Appomattox think they are going to win this weekend. They think it won't be close.  They are already making plans for Salem in week 5. Prove them wrong.  Let the discussion at their homes on Thanksgiving day be "What happened against Union"  or "What happened against Giles"...

I'm not sold on these 2 teams being so much better than the rest as their fan base would make you believe.  This isn't Chatham they're facing.  Make them earn every bit of it, if they do come out on top.  Where there's a will, there's a way.  They may have more athletes than Union or Giles, but one thing that Union and Giles will both have more of is heart and that's just a fact that's been proven over and over by our boys from SWVA.  Been watching this game for a long, long time and I absolutely believe that Appo and Dan River could go down this weekend.

Here's the deal, Dan River and Appomattox think they are going to win this weekend. They think it won't be close. They are already making plans for Salem in week 5. Prove them wrong.

When I came to the Graham/Narrows game, I heard multiple Graham fans talking about already having hotel rooms in Salem. One guy said he had already booked his room. I laughed a little. Way too early for that kind of talk.

I'm sure he'll lose sleep over your angst.  Lol!

Serious question:  Does anything actually make you happy?

You seem to have a constant case of butt hurt, 24/7, 365.

Yo obviously don't read most of my posts. I'm not happy w this decision, but no Union fan its not just me. I'm ecstatic when Union plays well ands I say so, and I enjoy when Alabama wins. I'm not a constant negative by any means.

He's just mad because he has to leave Wise County into the great unknown...

Yes, that's totally what it is, its all about me and not how it affects fan turnout and the kids,

Here's a positive statement from me-both you and the other guy are positively wrong. How bout that?

I heard none of the such from anybody in the crowd where I was sitting. Most of them were asking around about the Martinsville score and the Richlands score....

I wasn't sitting. I was standing on the sideline shadowing WVVA. It was the guys on the fence and in the concession stand line.

Wise County has a half day of school on Friday anyway. They get the full week off next week for Thanksgiving Break and the half day is because it is the day before Thanksgiving Break. 

Trust me. I know. Really, if the players and band students miss anything, it won't be much. 

Yo obviously don't read most of my posts. I'm not happy w this decision, but no Union fan its not just me. I'm ecstatic when Union plays well ands I say so, and I enjoy when Alabama wins. I'm not a constant negative by any means.

Most Graham fans don't feel that way, they are just happy to see their team doing well.

Let's just hope the Bears that played Richlands shows up, and not the ones who played Lee. I did see some Dan River scouts ther at the Lee game, they left at halftime, they were not impressed at all with Unions line play

I hope they were completely unimpressed and left thinking that their win has already been guaranteed.