Union @ Dan River

Unionguy_2017

I curious to who it was a trainer or coach that tried to pop his elbow back in place and did it all wrong to cause it to get to this point. Can only hope he will be good to go next week.

Seen on the bear live page nothing is broken, they got his elbow reset and hopefully be good to go next week ðŸ‘. It appeared to be a lot more serious when it happened than it was, thankfully.

The schools have to pay for travel expenses but then they can fill out a reimbursement packet and send it to VHSL within 30 days. VHSL usually reimburses as long as documents are provided such as receipts, mileage tracking sheet, etc.

That's what having the best player on the field will do for you. What an impressive, D1-caliber play. Awesome win for Mitchell and Union! Please repeat this next week. Would love to see a semi in Tazewell County. :)

Don't be misled thinking DR was a dirty football team. They were one of the better teams I have seen and played a great game. The injury to Stidham was nothing that they did. It was one of the better HS football games I have seen (including the Union/Richlands series). The officiating was pretty good with the exception of 2 questionable PI calls that extended DR drives but those happen in every game. Defense won this game for Union IMO. Great win for our program!

I think about everything has been said or seen regarding this game, so I'll just add a couple of tidbits.

Union's O and D line won this game. Pure and simple. DR's speed was able to get to the edges a few times, but they only ran into their own lineman's backs when they tried to run between the tackles.

The DR folks couldn't have been more polite, respectful and gracious. I give them tons of credit for that.

I think about everything has been said or seen regarding this game, so I'll just add a couple of tidbits.

Union's O and D line won this game. Pure and simple. DR's speed was able to get to the edges a few times, but they only ran into their own lineman's backs when they tried to run between the tackles.

The DR folks couldn't have been more polite, respectful and gracious. I give them tons of credit for that.

I talk frequently to  @MPounder66 on Twitter.  He's Dan River's stats guy I believe.  He's always been very helpful keeping me updated on the teams from up that way.  Great guy.

I talk frequently to  @MPounder66 on Twitter.  He's Dan River's stats guy I believe.  He's always been very helpful keeping me updated on the teams from up that way.  Great guy.

I keep up with him too this time of year. He actually came over to the Union side and handed out dozens of rosters for both teams. Very nice guy. As were so many I spoke to.

I keep up with him too this time of year. He actually came over to the Union side and handed out dozens of rosters for both teams. Very nice guy. As were so many I spoke to.

Didn't know that was him but seemed like a nice fellow. Never have seen anything done like that before honestly

Didn't know that was him but seemed like a nice fellow. Never have seen anything done like that before honestly

I spotted him first thing, and when he came over to the stands with that stack of papers, I didn't have a clue what he was doing. Lol. Like you, I've never seen anyone do that either.

Just out of curiosity, on the DR @ Appo game, what was the total yardage difference there?

Full story here.

Stats

U D

First downs 11 10

Rushes-yards 39-183 36-186

Passing yards 146 48

Passing 6-11-1 3-8-0

Total offense 329 234

Penalties 4-40 3-25

Fumbles-lost 2-1 1-1

RUSHING — Union: Zirkle 14-57, Cameron Fannon 12-54, Mitchell 6-28, Owens 5-44, Luke Stidham 1-12, Turner 1-(minus-12). Dan River: Durant 16-120, Anderson 11-32, Cameron Hunt 7-15, Devin Brooks 1-12, Brian Womack 1-7.

PASSING —  Union: Turner 6-11-1 (146). Dan River: Anderson 3-8-0 (48).

RECEIVING —  Union: Mitchell 2-101, Jenkins 4-45. Dan River: Fitzgerald 2-45, Durant 1-3.