Union at Letcher Central

trumpet1988

35 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

KTN didn't report any, and I heard BHC didn't have them either. Maybe a KY paper? What's the local paper for LCC?

Best bet will probably be the Coalfield.

Here's a small highlight from WYMT.

http://www.wymt.com/content/sports/HIGHLIGHTS-Union-VA-vs-Letcher-Central-443368883.html

47 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

No stats, no video = no proof of all the bad one sided calls, balls hitting turf called complete, interception being given back at the end of game, personal foul roughing the passer when he still has the ball and is tackled my my my worst cheating by refs I ever saw

I was curious how you get a roughing the passer when he still has the ball myself. Is it because we hit him to hard?

Stats per Bristol Herald Courier Sunday edition

Score  Union 54; Letcher Central 27

Scoring Summary

LC - Brasheers 68 yd pass from Boggs (Maloyed kick)

U - Zirkle 39 yd run (Falin kick)

LC - Campbell 58 yd pass from Boggs (Maloyed kick)

U - Mitchell 58 yd run (kick failed)

LC - Campbell 75 yd pass from Boggs (kick failed)

U - Zirkle 17 yd run (Falin kick)   (161 rushing yds, 2 TD's for game)

U - Mitchell 34 yd run (Falin kick)

U - Mitchell 61 yd punt return (Falin kick)

U - Jenkins 36 yd run (Falin kick)

U - Mitchell 8 yd run (Falin kick)    (209 rushing yds, 4 TD's for game)

LC - Whitaker 7 yd run (Maloyed kick)

U - Rasnick 3 yd run (Crist kick)

TEAM STATS                Union                    LC

First Downs                      15                       11

Rushes-Yards                50-532               24-17

Passing Yards                   4                       391

Comp/Att/INT                2-7-0                 13-31-3

Fumbles/Lost                 2-1                       0-0

Penalties/Yards           12-115                   9-63

5 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

No stats, no video = no proof of all the bad one sided calls, balls hitting turf called complete, interception being given back at the end of game, personal foul roughing the passer when he still has the ball and is tackled my my my worst cheating by refs I ever saw

4 hours ago, CriticalNoise said:

I was curious how you get a roughing the passer when he still has the ball myself. Is it because we hit him to hard?

Call on the field was facemask, not roughing. QB was missing his helmet as a result of being sandwiched between 2 Union defenders. Facemask was an easy call to get them out of 4th and forever. 

Bad calls, yes, but doesn't even come close to comparing to Middlesboro in 2013. That was blatent and intentional cheating.

19 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Call on the field was facemask, not roughing. QB was missing his helmet as a result of being sandwiched between 2 Union defenders. Facemask was an easy call to get them out of 4th and forever. 

Bad calls, yes, but doesn't even come close to comparing to Middlesboro in 2013. That was blatent and intentional cheating.

I don't remember the specifics from that Middlesboro game but I remember on a kickoff we had them tackled inside their 5 and somehow they ended up with the ball around mid field. It was crazy.

4 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Thank you for the stats. 

When is last team a team averaged 10 ypc with FIFTY rushes? lol that's bonkers. But 4 pass yards? Yikes. Tough to beat good teams like that. 

They only got 17 rushing tho so kind of a wash, they averaged 0.5ypc.

To make it even worse, those 4 passing yards came on a four yard curl route in garbage time. 

4 hours ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

To make it even worse, those 4 passing yards came on a four yard curl route in garbage time. 

Yeah I was listening, radio guys mentioned it. Union scored six offensive TDs (plus 82s PR TD) before completing a pass. I'd say that's some old school Giles style single wing but even they incorporate some PA passes jntk the attack lol

It was a pleasant surprise for this Union fan that the Bears, without Owens & Turner, rushed for 530 yds and racked up 55 pts during a tough road trip to the hollers of Eastern Kentucky. Driving over Friday night, I honestly thought the game might be a toss up - and I would have been happy with a 1 point win.

I was impressed with all the running backs, as well as the awesome O-line. Because the ground game was so successful there was simply no need for the Bears to pass. Although the game left fans with unanswered questions about the future of our teams' passing attack, the receiving crew is extremely talented. I'm still looking for breakout plays from the big targets; Falin and Guerrant and at quarterback it is nice to have several options.

This is the best defense the Union Bears have had to date and I see them continuing to get even better. 

Coach Mullins, Ridgeview, is one of very best in our area and he may be able to devise a plan to limit Mitchell; but I think the Bears will fight hard for a victory during their homecoming game this Friday. 

10 hours ago, V-Cats said:

Glynn Carlock would see no problem with those numbers haha

It's for sure not a problem lol, any time you can average 10ypc you've had a fantastic night. 

It's tough to beat really good teams if you're one dimensonal unless that dimension is incredibly efficient. The Union run game prob not there yet, but it's lethal right now.