6. John Battle (4-2) 19.667
7. Grayson (4-3) 18.000
8. Lee (3-3) 17.167
9. Richlands (2-4) 16.333
10. Central Wise (2-5) 15.000
11. Tazewell (2-5) 14.572
12. Lebanon (1-5) 12.500
13. Gate City (0-7) 12.285

Not sure about Giles-Appomattox tiebreaker they might be reversed and Graham Ridgeview would be by who scored most points. Checked my math four times because shocking Virginia on too in D. Loss was to Tennessee who still gives them 15 points compared to Unions 18 for Gate City win. Virginia beating 3a Abingdon was 30 points

VHS snuck in there. Nice job. Should be short lived as Union will take to top spot once it wins out the rest of its schedule. 

42 minutes ago, Grapeape said:

You'd think a 6A TN school would get you the one spot... I'm getting on board with the Bearcats. 

It doesn't matter what they are in TN. Their enrollment in VA is not a 6A school. I believe they are 3A or maybe a small 4A by VA numbers. I'm thinking it's 3A, though. 

24 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

It doesn't matter what they are in TN. Their enrollment in VA is not a 6A school. I believe they are 3A or maybe a small 4A by VA numbers. I'm thinking it's 3A, though. 

Everything I’ve seen says MW counts as 4A in VA.

6 minutes ago, Beamerball said:

Classified 4A in VA.  Enrollment is around 1500 I think.  Comparable size-wise to a William Fleming, Halifax, GW-Danville, Pulaski, etc.

5 minutes ago, sup_rbeast said:

Everything I’ve seen says MW counts as 4A in VA.

Thanks!! I knew it was 3 or 4A. 

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Don't count out Ridgeview. If they end up 9-1 and rider points fall just right they can conceivably out point all other 9-1 teams.

Not Graham. 9-1 Graham would be the highest possible ranked Region D one loss team, they'd add wins over VHS and Marion. 

3 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Wouldn't Appo get the tie breaker by overall record?

Not sure because appo is only getting credit for a 9 game schedule. They have a private school on their schedule that gives them nothing for that game. 

21 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Not Graham. 9-1 Graham would be the highest possible ranked Region D one loss team, they'd add wins over VHS and Marion. 

Yes, including Graham. If both finish at 9-1 they would have around 260 points. All it takes is a couple of Graham's opponents to lose while Ridgeview's win. Graham could finish 5 points ahead or 2 points behind.

11 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Yes, including Graham. If both finish at 9-1 they would have around 260 points. All it takes is a couple of Graham's opponents to lose while Ridgeview's win. Graham could finish 5 points ahead or 2 points behind.

That shocks me. A 9-1 Graham with wins over Marion, VHS and Richlands would give a ton of points. If Marion beats VHS and loses to Graham, that'd be a win over a 9-1 team. VHS is 5-1 now, if Graham beatz them next week, that's a lot of points. Aside from Union and Grundy, rest of RVs schedule won't add much. GC, Wise and Lee. Wise prob adds one more win, Lee two maybe. 

If Graham goes 9-1, Richlands loses to Marion but wins rest, VHS wins out but loses to GHS this week, and Marions only loss is GHS, can RV possibly outpojnt them?

And losing to Bluefield is probably at least equal to losing to Union, depeding on how it finishes. 

15 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Don't count out Ridgeview. If they end up 9-1 and rider points fall just right they can conceivably out point all other 9-1 teams.

No chance whatsoever they would outpoint a 9-1 Graham team, who would have to beat VHS, Marion, and Richlands to do it.  That's a point gold mine.

For those more in the know than I am, does a 9-1 VHS team out point a 9-1 Union team if that loss for Union were to come against Abingdon? Just curious if they were to not get the 3A win points, if that would be enough, if VHS wins out.

Edit; Another scenario out of my own curiosity. With the same 9-1 records, what if Union's hypothetical loss were to come to (IMO) the most underrated team in the region JSB, a team VHS has already beaten?

4 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

No chance whatsoever they would outpoint a 9-1 Graham team, who would have to beat VHS, Marion, and Richlands to do it.  That's a point gold mine.

Sorry man, but numbers don't lie. I've already crunched them for the rest of the season. AND, once again, I  don't expect them to, but it IS mathematically possible.

13 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

For those more in the know than I am, does a 9-1 VHS team out point a 9-1 Union team if that loss for Union were to come against Abingdon? Just curious if they were to not get the 3A win points, if that would be enough, if VHS wins out.

Are you already looking past Graham, Marion & Richlands? 

2 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Of course not. Read my opening post in the VHS @ Graham thread. This is all hypothetical.

I know, I was just busting your chops, all in good fun. But it all honesty, I have no idea how it would work out, I'm not at all real smart with this whole points system myself

18 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Sorry man, but numbers don't lie. I've already crunched them for the rest of the season. AND, once again, I  don't expect them to, but it IS mathematically possible.

You're correct, it is.  It's also mathmatically possible for UVA to go 13-1 this season but that ain't a happenin', either.  And I think JSB makes this whole point moot come next Saturday morning.

Just now, CriticalNoise said:

I know, I was just busting your chops, all in good fun. But it all honesty, I have no idea how it would work out, I'm not at all real smart with this whole points system myself

Lol. Glad to be able to talk to someone with a good sense of humor. It's kinda hard to tell on here sometimes lol....I understand, man. I rely on others to help keep me in the know with the point system.