Bears @ Wal-Mart Warriors

CriticalNoise

Who cares what reason for the hate it could be the fact that Central is just Central. But if you think we got hate for you because we call the Wal mart Warriors that's fine but news flash we are making fun of you. Better ? Why the hate for Union. Central does have Unionhateweek this week ???????

No disrespect to Central but Union dominates from kickoff to the final whistle. 

Union would have to have a really off night in order to lose or even come close to losing this game. 

I mean no disrespect to Central but their threat is out for the season. Without him, I don’t believe Central has come close to winning another game. The only game left where they may have a legitimate shot is Gate City. Plus Union’s defense is just too tough for this to even close. Plus, even though the offense has become a little one dimensional, the offense is too quick with Mitchell, Jenkins, Owens, Zirkle, and Qualls. 

32 minutes ago, BearDawg said:

More of a grudge match than a rivalry. A rivalry has to have some respect in it. These two have zero respect for the other. That’s why every sporting event is tense. 

Makes for a fun atmosphere I think. This coming from an outsider to the "grudge match"

HATE UNION WEEK , moving the ROTC program that PV /Union founded, a stadium that cost 3.7 million with 2 million donation, a tennis complex (donated yeah right ) and the fact that they have little to no success on the football field ( they did beat Union the first year) but to be truthful it's the parents that we dislike not the kids . We play on grass and at Bulliet , that the Town of Big Stone Gap owns. You wanted to know 

9 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

HATE UNION WEEK , moving the ROTC program that PV /Union founded, a stadium that cost 3.7 million with 2 million donation, a tennis complex (donated yeah right ) and the fact that they have little to no success on the football field ( they did beat Union the first year) but to be truthful it's the parents that we dislike not the kids . We play on grass and at Bulliet , that the Town of Big Stone Gap owns. You wanted to know 

You did not tag me but glad I saw this.

1. Hate Union Week- Man, what a privilege it must be to to attend the county seat school and have a week sponsored by the school board to hate another school in the district.... Students started this and ran with it. Is it dumb? maybe, but its kids being kids. Union and Central are constantly trying to outdo one another. 

2. Moving the ROTC program- Sounds to me like Union had privileges that Central/Eastside did not have. Backwards to your argument. Did they move it to the VOTEC center? If so, good place for it. Give Estside/Central/Union the same educational opportunities.

3. Stadium cost- Unsure on all this. It is public knowledge though so looking at the budget would be helpful but I am too lazy to do this. Does someone want to provide real research on this rather than trusting these very trustworthy posters? I might try and look in a few hours...  

4. Tennis courts- You're speculating... If the SB fronted ANY cost, you would have seen it in the budget. 

5. PV has ALWAYS played at Bulliet. I am not sure how the upkeep for Bulliet occurs or if the SB pays the town of BSG to use it. If not, good gig on the SB's side of things. Bulliet it a great place to play a game. If you wanted turf, I could name a few gentlemen who would probably proudly donate money for it. 

Union hates Central and vice versus for the same reasons. They are the county rival. It was set up that way and good for them. I remember when JJK and JIB used to be heated rivals as was Appy and PV. Regardless of the sport, it was always wild. Good for the schools to instill that rivalry mentality into today's society. 

13 minutes ago, Dick_Vitale said:

1. Hate Union Week- Man, what a privilege it must be to to attend the county seat school and have a week sponsored by the school board to hate another school in the district.... Students started this and ran with it. Is it dumb? maybe, but its kids being kids. Union and Central are constantly trying to outdo one another. 

2. Moving the ROTC program- Sounds to me like Union had privileges that Central/Eastside did not have. Backwards to your argument. Did they move it to the VOTEC center? If so, good place for it. Give Estside/Central/Union the same educational opportunities.

3. Stadium cost- Unsure on all this. It is public knowledge though so looking at the budget would be helpful but I am too lazy to do this. Does someone want to provide real research on this rather than trusting these very trustworthy posters? I might try and look in a few hours...  

4. Tennis courts- You're speculating... If the SB fronted ANY cost, you would have seen it in the budget. 

5. PV has ALWAYS played at Bulliet. I am not sure how the upkeep for Bulliet occurs or if the SB pays the town of BSG to use it. If not, good gig on the SB's side of things. Bulliet it a great place to play a game. If you wanted turf, I could name a few gentlemen who would probably proudly donate money for it. 

Union hates Central and vice versus for the same reasons. They are the county rival. It was set up that way and good for them. I remember when JJK and JIB used to be heated rivals as was Appy and PV. Regardless of the sport, it was always wild. Good for the schools to instill that rivalry mentality into today's society. 

I speak with a former school board member at every Union home game , he asked for and was denied the total project cost??? Carl Smith stadium was built for 3 million(look at the Thompson and Litton web page ). That was for phase 1 , no lights no stands , no Track no rubberized surface (Unions track cost 88000 way back, and it already had a track there. If you add in lights seats friend house etc it's more like 4 million. Also one should know that money was saved in both school cost when built, somehow Unions cost was much lower even though Powell Valley had to be knocked down . As the ROTC , no it was always open to county students, the road was no longer from Wise as it is to Wise.It also sounds like you are a Central fan

34 minutes ago, Dick_Vitale said:

Cost to Wise county for years was$1 , fact, check with Phil Robbins, a new deal states pay light bill , and out of pocket cost( $$$ for police overtime,) no one wants turf, you just asked why the hate, we answered. Don't ask if you don't want to hear the truth, Eastside has a real reason to bitch, Look at it this way , if Norton ever joins Wise County , the athletes will come to Union

It's a shame Dalton Mullins is hurt, he seems to be a great kid and a fantastic football player, I hope he plays somewhere after high school. Travis will not run up the score and I expect a competive game , Central gas talent so 35-7 Union

41 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Cost to Wise county for years was$1 , fact, check with Phil Robbins, a new deal states pay light bill , and out of pocket cost( $$$ for police overtime,) no one wants turf, you just asked why the hate, we answered. Don't ask if you don't want to hear the truth, Eastside has a real reason to bitch, Look at it this way , if Norton ever joins Wise County , the athletes will come to Union

My question was actually, "What advantages do they have Union/Eastside do not?" This stemmed from BigWinners post about Central having favoritism directed to them by WCSB. 

I truly could not care any less why Union has beef with Central. 

We can agree that Eastside is the real people here with legitimate gripes. 

Just now, CriticalNoise said:

should be practicing football instead of making a 15 minute lip dub saying "we did it first" ... i liked mitchell's response of the only dub we are worried about it on Friday Nights... 

I'm not following this? What are you referring to?

16 hours ago, Dick_Vitale said:

Central using UVAW field cost them $500 per game. That is less than the cost to keep the custodians on campus to clean post game as well as electricity cost. So WCPS came out on the good end of that one. Furthermore, the budget for using this came out of Central's budget. Not the counties. It is the same budget for facility upkeep so literally, no one was effected in this. Terrible excuse.

As far as the turf having to be replaced, I am unsure of that. That won't happen for another couple of years (what 15-20 years?) By that point, there will be two schools in the county. 

As far as the basketball thing, I agree. That has been wild. Not really pertaining to my question though. 

You think the $500 was the only cost associated with playing at UVAW? That's not true whatsoever. I'm not getting into the specifics, but it was more than you say. They also had to pay for the basketball games, etc..

Maybe I should've worded my post better, Wise has advantages that other county schools do not, evidenced by the insane amount of money poured into the stadium, tennis courts, etc...  

You also mention you can simply check the schools individual budgets, I was unable to find said info. Only combined county information. 

30 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

If the unionbearslive Twitter account says Lee brings My Little Pony lunchboxes to work, I can't wait to see what they say Central brings.

I am hoping for a Union 87-0 win, but feel like it will be more like a 56-0 type score.

22256730_10214878550536041_9140221100163869784_o.jpg

took me a few minutes. I assume it's the walmart sticker smiley upside down. Instead of Low Prices, it's Low Scores

On 10/7/2017 at 9:33 PM, trumpet1988 said:

There are some really fine people from Central and I wouldn't trade my time with many of them for a single thing. There are also people there who make make Central really unpleasant and that is what gives them such a bad reputation. 

Take it from someone who knows a thing or two about it:

There is a great deal of animosity still yet between Wise and Pound people that will take some time to resolve. I have heard parents and students from Pound say that they or their kids are not looking forward to going to Central because of the people from Wise and that they would prefer Burton, Jenkins, or Ridgeview. Pound people are not totally innocent in this matter either.

I have seen some bad behavior from some Central students. One Central student page on twitter does have some tweets that make them look like jerks. Union's cheerleading squad a couple years ago had a routine or stunt that went wrong where a Union cheerleader fell to the ground and that page made some horrible jokes about it. I am not saying Union students would not have done the same thing if the situation were reversed. If they have or do, I have not witnessed or noticed it.. A little smack talk among fan bases is fun and okay but there are lines you should not cross.

But for every bad group, there is a really good group and I just hope the good group overtakes the bad.

So many folks love to stereotype and that's human nature. I have heard so many folks refer to PV/Union folks over the years as the utmost of the arrogant (heard it about Wise too of course). I heard ALL the folks from Pound,Coeburn,Appy were redneck trash (of course another myth). I'll give you a great example of why we don't do this: Many years ago a JJK football  player killed himself. The team had a game at Gate City that Friday and when the GC announcer asked for a moment of silence for him. During this several GC fans were behind me mocking the JJK players for crying. I DID NOT group the entire GC fan base on a minor group of idiots. Bottom line is you are going to have good and bad folks no matter the community. Knowledge is power and stereotyping is a hallmark of ignorance. When JJK closed it's doors I lost all affection for high school in Wise. My kids went to Central,and I supported them while they were there. When they graduated I was glad to see them out of there. I live in Big Stone and like the place,but do indeed recognize that there's a slew of good folks I call friends who live in Wise, Gotta throw a shot in though. JJK had 24 state titles not counting the numerous individual ones in sports like wrestling,track...etc. PV ranked 2nd in the LPD with 16. I know folks here are FB crazy but titles are titles no matter the sport,and when I hear PV fans laughing about beating JJK in football,I laugh knowing that the diamond Indians instead of beating PV 1x a year like PV in fball,would beat the Vikes 2-3 x a year in baseball (even 4x on occasion:). Schools like PV and Appy were football schools no doubt,but JJK won state titles in football,baseball,basketball,wrestling,and tennis. That was indeed impressive:). Just had to take a jab at the PV folks talking about beating Wise in one sport (I could also argue that had the best athletes in the school not belonged to Mack Shupe and were encouraged to play football,fortunes may have been different on the reservation. I could only imagine the damage some of those baseball greats would have done on the gridiron

PV has state titles in football, baseball, boys basketball, as well as track, I don't recall JJK ever winning a boy's basketball state title.

No one said every fan of Central or JJK is an asshole. People have all pointed out not everyone fits under the banner.

But, there's a reason every local school takes enjoyment in beating Central. 

2 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

PV has state titles in football, baseball, boys basketball, as well as track, I don't recall JJK ever winning a boy's basketball state title.

No one said every fan of Central or JJK is an asshole. People have all pointed out not everyone fits under the banner.

But, there's a reason every local school takes enjoyment in beating Central. 

The ladies won state in basketball