Reg 2D Playoff Scenarios

Union_Fan

47 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I've been saying it for weeks and no one seems to believe me but we really can't do anything else on offense if your not gonna change QBs then we shouldve  tried the 17 offense and went with Polier at QB with Satterfield and Jenkins kids for speed.  May not have worked but why not the passing game in non existent, missing too many wide open throws.

Just don’t think they’re using Satterfield enough. Barely use him at all. We aren’t using anybody but mason basically lol. 

26 minutes ago, UnionBears84 said:

Just don’t think they’re using Satterfield enough. Barely use him at all. We aren’t using anybody but mason basically lol. 

I guess travis knows more than us but Polier has too be getting wore down.

1 hour ago, UnionBears84 said:

I have been screaming that about Rasnick all year as well-give the kid a shot to use those wheels.

Getting a QB in rhythm early in a game with easy throws can be huge dividends later in the game. Getting the confidence there and seeing the ball get caught is important for a young QB. It's like a shooter in a slump. Seeing the ball to thru the net can be the thing that turns it around. 

but if the offense is dead set on relying only on Polier and not changing up the offense some, it'll be a short end to season. When teams know exactly what's coming, it's awful easy to stop.

On 11/3/2019 at 2:21 PM, goose111874 said:

I've been saying it for weeks and no one seems to believe me but we really can't do anything else on offense if your not gonna change QBs then we shouldve  tried the 17 offense and went with Polier at QB with Satterfield and Jenkins kids for speed.  May not have worked but why not the passing game in non existent, missing too many wide open throws.

who would you put at qb? i think hes done a decent job for a kid that got throwed out there because another kid transfered.  hes had some bad games yes but hes also a big reason were 7 and2 instead of 5 and4. the qb is not the only thing thats wrong with the offense or passing game

1 hour ago, The U Bear said:

who would you put at qb? i think hes done a decent job for a kid that got throwed out there because another kid transfered.  hes had some bad games yes but hes also a big reason were 7 and2 instead of 5 and4. the qb is not the only thing thats wrong with the offense or passing game

Not sure Lester and some wildcat from time to time wouldn't be a bad idea. We have to mix things up

1 minute ago, Unchained said:

Not sure Lester and some wildcat from time to time wouldn't be a bad idea. We have to mix things up

I don't support a wholesale QB change, especially at this point, but I think having Lester run ~10 plays in a game at QB is a good idea. Some read option stuff and some RPO looks could open up the field.

6 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I don't support a wholesale QB change, especially at this point, but I think having Lester run ~10 plays in a game at QB is a good idea. Some read option stuff and some RPO looks could open up the field.

Right now we're not keeping the defenses honest. I'd give anything to see us work the middle some,maybe even some screens-something other than the vanilla O we've ran all year. It's not like we don't have any speed.

1 minute ago, Unchained said:

Right now we're not keeping the defenses honest. I'd give anything to see us work the middle some,maybe even some screens-something other than the vanilla O we've ran all year. It's not like we don't have any speed.

i agree. we ran bubble screens and some slants first couple games but havent ran them since. rasnick lester and both jenkins kids can do damage in space but here latley its all pollier. i still think pollier needs 20 carries a game but those other kids can help open up the offense if the coaches would jus give them a chance. 

1 minute ago, The U Bear said:

i agree. we ran bubble screens and some slants first couple games but havent ran them since. rasnick lester and both jenkins kids can do damage in space but here latley its all pollier. i still think pollier needs 20 carries a game but those other kids can help open up the offense if the coaches would jus give them a chance. 

Here's hoping Travis is playing close to the vest and we'll see more come playoff time

Union is 7-2, likely to be 8-2 and is about to win the district, again. Personally, I think it’s the best coaching job Travis has done to this point in his career. Kudos to the whole staff and the players for getting to this point. Program is averaging like nine wins a season. My take: If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. 

44 minutes ago, pvfan said:

Union is 7-2, likely to be 8-2 and is about to win the district, again. Personally, I think it’s the best coaching job Travis has done to this point in his career. Kudos to the whole staff and the players for getting to this point. Program is averaging like nine wins a season. My take: If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. 

Great coaching by the whole staff this season. I think we’re all just hoping they get a little more creative on offense. But you hit the nail on the head sir 

5 minutes ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

So it looks like Richlands will be going to wise central for week 1 of the post season.is that locked in or can it change after this final game.

It's not locked in, but as long as Richlands and Central win, that's the matchup. If one loses, things will change.

5 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

It's not locked in, but as long as Richlands and Central win, that's the matchup. If one loses, things will change.

This match up will prove very difficult for both D's, it may come down to who has the ball last.

15 hours ago, pvfan said:

Shut up you dork. I know how you really feel about the offense and then you get on here and lick the boot. Expectations were low this year and the team has overachieved, proving they can beat the best teams around. But if they hope to repeat those feats, the offense has to evolve since losing Lomax and Guerrant being hurt.

18 hours ago, BigWinners said:

That's what I'm saying try something and see if it works.  It's too late now anyway to change offense and I'm not blaming Gibson I'm blaming play calling get him out of the pocket, he throws better on the run

2 hours ago, goose111874 said:

That's what I'm saying try something and see if it works.  It's too late now anyway to change offense and I'm not blaming Gibson I'm blaming play calling get him out of the pocket, he throws better on the run

Agreed. Also get some easy completions early to give him confidence 

37 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Barring upsets, Richlands will be 5, Tazewell 6.

As of week 12 VHSL top 20 rankings Tazewell sets at the 5 spot with 20.66667 and Richlands is in the 6th spot with 20.44444

21 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

As of week 12 VHSL top 20 rankings Tazewell sets at the 5 spot with 20.66667 and Richlands is in the 6th spot with 20.44444

Yes, but after Friday(8th) Richlands will be 21.3 and Tazewell 20.9, relatively speaking, thus moving Richlands to 5 and Tazewell to 6.

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

Yes, but after Friday(8th) Richlands will be 21.3 and Tazewell 20.9, relatively speaking, thus moving Richlands to 5 and Tazewell to 6.

We shall see, the game is played on a field for a reason. But like you said barring an upset Richlands will get more bonus points than Tazewell in the end propelling them ahead.