Scoreboard: Week 1

Real Sasquatch

13 hours ago, redtiger said:

Since the M7 has Abingdon and that was seen as unfair(a complete schedule and the benefit of playing a 3A, something no SWD team could do) the region voted that Abingdon doesn't count for the M7 teams and the non-district games don't count for the SWD teams. The first G/R game was designated as the non-district game. It meant nothing beyond bragging rights.

Or at least that's what multiple coaches from the region are saying 

I'm just going by what the posted link said, the VHSL released power points and the game counted. I dunno.

23 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Do some regions have 2A teams in more than 2 districts?  If so, how is that going to work out?  Is it up to each region to decide who makes the playoffs or is it up to the state?

I heard it’s up to each region but even in our region, it seems there’s no consensus. I like the idea just let Abingdon count as 2A points for this year that was commented in earlier post. 

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

More rumor to the story...I had heard from somebody at work that Abingdon was being considered 2A this year but like everything else who knows what truth is

In what capacity? I could see the other M7 teams only getting 2A points for playing them to keep things equal with SWD but that's only way it works.

Top two from each district go...let’s say Abington wins the district, and Union/Central/Ridgeview round out the top 2/3 , so how does this effect Abington in 3A playoff ???or home field come playoff time? No 3A schools on their schedule =less points , make it easy 2points each game for a win 1point for a loss , each game counts , you can’t play due to COVID , make it up or it’s a loss. They should have let each team play 10 games, after all they  go to school , work out ect. Or at least 8 games but 10 week season ,  to allow for makeup games yes I know school year ending etc. but I still believe top 4 from each region should be in the playoffs not 8 

On 3/8/2021 at 6:48 PM, Real Sasquatch said:

Do some regions have 2A teams in more than 2 districts?  If so, how is that going to work out?  Is it up to each region to decide who makes the playoffs or is it up to the state?

Each Region decides who makes the playoffs and how. All that really matters to the VHSL is that every Region sends their best to states.

9 hours ago, VHSLhelper said:

Like I said before... I'll know how 2D's playoffs work when I see it noted on the ratings sheet, or the 2D Chair sends it to the press.  Until then, EVERYTHING is conjecture.

It’s already been voted upon, and it’s been distributed to the coaches.  Just because you’re incorrect isn’t a reason to goalpost shift.