Graham vs Lebanon

Pioneer

I know Lebanon looked better against Honaker, but playing Graham close is a tall order. Lebanon played Richlands tough to end last season. We will see how far the Pioneers have come. Graham is still more talented and better overall then the Pioneers. 

Graham 35

Lebanon 14

Graham's 33-13 win over Richlands seems impressive, but it was ugly and if not for a bunch of Richlands turnovers, the score could have been much closer.  I think Graham is trying to figure out what works on yje defensive side ofn he ball.  Could be more interesting then one would expect.  I would say 35-14 or 35-20 may be a good guess at this point. That is, if Bradshaw can be contained somewhat.

22 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Graham's 33-13 win over Richlands seems impressive, but it was ugly and if not for a bunch of Richlands turnovers, the score could have been much closer.  I think Graham is trying to figure out what works on yje defensive side ofn he ball.  Could be more interesting then one would expect.  I would say 35-14 or 35-20 may be a good guess at this point. That is, if Bradshaw can be contained somewhat.

I think Graham names the score. What worked for Lebanon was runs to the outside-I don’t think those will be there against Graham. 

Lebanon seems much improved compared to last year. They look to have some guys in the backfield that can be helpful.  Graham has a staggering amount of newbies on the defensive side of the ball & clearly has some work to do. Their line for the most part is young. With that said, Coach Bradshaw, Snake, & Ronnie Davis will fine tune it. I’ve heard the players are hard workers so that is a plus. I think we’ll see at least some improvements from last week for the GMen. It was a pretty sloppy game for Graham and Richlands. Then again, three weeks practice doesn’t give much to get things clicking. 

Graham will win by at least 3 touchdowns the rest of the regular season. Or at least up until that rematch with Richlands.

Graham dominates everyone else until that last game. 

Graham - a lot

Lebanon - 6

4 hours ago, -oo- said:

Graham will win by at least 3 touchdowns the rest of the regular season. Or at least up until that rematch with Richlands.

Graham dominates everyone else until that last game. 

Graham - a lot

Lebanon - 6

I must be missing something here. I sure hope I am lol. Graham has 4 seniors. Their offensive line consists of 3 sophomores, a junior, and a senior. Their skill position players are a mixture of mostly 10th and 11th graders. With that said. Are those kids good? Absolutely! I'm just not convinced Graham will be blowing people out the rest of the way. Especially Tazewell. I guess we'll see.

24 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I must be missing something here. I sure hope I am lol. Graham has 4 seniors. Their offensive line consists of 3 sophomores, a junior, and a senior. Their skill position players are a mixture of mostly 10th and 11th graders. With that said. Are those kids good? Absolutely! I'm just not convinced Graham will be blowing people out the rest of the way. Especially Tazewell. I guess we'll see.

Didn't realize Graham was so young.  Blevins, Fritz, Jackson and Dales?  Is that it?  Who is the backup QB for Graham?  The younger Meadows?  I was impressed with Fritz stepping in and making an impact in that Richlands game.  To start playing football as a senior and to be pretty good at it is amazing to me, it's a testament to his athleticism.  Some more practice and a couple more games under his belt and I think he will just get better.

I definitely think Tazewell will pose a big challenge this year.  

47 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Didn't realize Graham was so young.  Blevins, Fritz, Jackson and Dales?  Is that it?  Who is the backup QB for Graham?  The younger Meadows?  I was impressed with Fritz stepping in and making an impact in that Richlands game.  To start playing football as a senior and to be pretty good at it is amazing to me, it's a testament to his athleticism.  Some more practice and a couple more games under his belt and I think he will just get better.

I definitely think Tazewell will pose a big challenge this year.  

Fritz has played football since smurfs. He was on the state championship team but didn't play last year. I think the younger Meadows is the backup QB. With the exception of Jamir Blevins, the 10th graders up have played together from little league up and they were always very competitive even against older competition and bigger schools. Of this group there has been 2 or 3 that has left that could really contribute if they were to come back..........maybe next year?😉

40 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Fritz has played football since smurfs. He was on the state championship team but didn't play last year. I think the younger Meadows is the backup QB. With the exception of Jamir Blevins, the 10th graders up have played together from little league up and they were always very competitive even against older competition and bigger schools. Of this group there has been 2 or 3 that has left that could really contribute if they were to come back..........maybe next year?😉

Did not know that about Fritz.  Thanks for sharing.  I also didn't know Graham was so young this year.  Graham should be very competitive by the end of the season and surely in the fall.  A couple more athletes on that team and they would be very hard to deal with.  Not sure what's coming up in the pipeline over there.

Tazewell will lose a lot after this season, but they do have some promising young athletes coming up.  It may be 2 or 3 years after this year to be a contender again.

18 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

I’d lay a pretty thick wad of dough that Graham doesn’t beat Tazewell by 21+...or “dominate” them...

We've talked about your bets in that other thread. I might have to take you up on that haha.

Tazewell is solid with some good skill guys but I've watched Graham dominate that "rivalry" for a long time now. I have to see it to believe it before I change my "dominate" stance.

Tazewell is little brother.

16 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Palmer won't let the score get that out of hand, unless the subs are scoring a lot also. If Graham wins in a blowout, it will probably be more like 49-14 or something like that. 

Why not? You know J’me we run it up in a heartbeat 

2 hours ago, -oo- said:

We've talked about your bets in that other thread. I might have to take you up on that haha.

Tazewell is solid with some good skill guys but I've watched Graham dominate that "rivalry" for a long time now. I have to see it to believe it before I change my "dominate" stance.

Tazewell is little brother.

Basing this season’s outcomes on historical outcomes is an exercise in futility.  I could just as easily say that the team that beat Graham and Richlands like a drum 5 years ago has now finally reached its peak maturity, and I’d be just as right.  It’s a whole new season.

Tazewell has 4x the number of seniors on its roster than Graham has on its roster.  Tazewell starts as many seniors on its offensive line as Graham has on its entire team.  Little brother’s not so little this year.  If the G-Men have this sort of mindset on March 27th, they’ll be leaving Tazewell with a loss.  Underestimate this Tazewell team at your own peril.  They’re good.  Not just “good for Tazewell” good, but “legitimate threat to get in the playoffs and advance” good.

Will the season play out that way?  It remains to be seen.  Tazewell has to beat either of Graham/Richlands to advance to Region play.  History may very well be a mental block that’s difficult to overcome.  Tazewell could well finish 3-3 and miss the playoffs having played a rigorous schedule.  But again, they might exceed that...

On 3/1/2021 at 9:58 AM, Pioneer said:

I know Lebanon looked better against Honaker, but playing Graham close is a tall order. Lebanon played Richlands tough to end last season. We will see how far the Pioneers have come. Graham is still more talented and better overall then the Pioneers. 

Graham 35

Lebanon 14

To get this thread back on track...

Lebanon impressed me with their drive and determination last year.  They played as hard as any team in Region D, and put a little scare in both Tazewell and Richlands.  That team is by and large a year older.  They’re obviously capable of capitalizing on mistakes.  I don’t think this Graham team is built to rack up 50+ points on anyone, but it should be a decent win for Graham.  I’d probably go something along the lines of 41-14 in a game that’s a 1-score game at the half.

16 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Lebanon impressed me with their drive and determination last year.  They played as hard as any team in Region D, and put a little scare in both Tazewell and Richlands.  That team is by and large a year older.  They’re obviously capable of capitalizing on mistakes.  I don’t think this Graham team is built to rack up 50+ points on anyone, but it should be a decent win for Graham.  I’d probably go something along the lines of 41-14 in a game that’s a 1-score game at the half.

They (Lebanon) definitely have more speed than last year-several basketball/baseball players are out for them that were not there last year. 

They have a little bit of thunder and lightning with the big back Ward that runs hard and then a couple of little quicker backs

16 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

They (Lebanon) definitely have more speed than last year-several basketball/baseball players are out for them that were not there last year. 

They have a little bit of thunder and lightning with the big back Ward that runs hard and then a couple of little quicker backs