2D Top 20 Ratings 3/15

stu_bean

4 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

Just for the sake of an example. Im not saying this is how it will end up. Will someone break this down so a 2nd grader can understand it?

As of now the top 4 in our region are 1.Graham 2. Union 3. Tazewell 4. Wise

If the playoffs started today 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3?? 

Normally in the past yes.

Just seen this is this correct....i thought if tazewell beats Graham and Richlands upsets the G- men would they still be in the playoffs...Because that would be 2 district losses for the G-men and Richlands would only have 1 district loss if they can win out...

Screenshot_20210321-221634.png

3 hours ago, Hokiefan4life said:

Just seen this is this correct....i thought if tazewell beats Graham and Richlands upsets the G- men would they still be in the playoffs...Because that would be 2 district losses for the G-men and Richlands would only have 1 district loss if they can win out...

Screenshot_20210321-221634.png

That's the way I understand it to be. And it's the way the Richlands coaching staff understands it after a call with region officials. They stand by the fact that the first game (non-district for SWD and vs. Abingdon for M7) won't count. If that is truly the case -- then Graham can still miss if they lose their last two games. The really wild scenario is if Graham beats Tazewell and Richlands beats Graham -- then you have a 4-1 3-way tie at the top.

3 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

That's the way I understand it to be. And it's the way the Richlands coaching staff understands it after a call with region officials. They stand by the fact that the first game (non-district for SWD and vs. Abingdon for M7) won't count. If that is truly the case -- then Graham can still miss if they lose their last two games. The really wild scenario is if Graham beats Tazewell and Richlands beats Graham -- then you have a 4-1 3-way tie at the top.

Yea that would be a ❤ breaker if they finish in a 3 way tie for one of the team's if they draw from a hat. Especially the g-men if they miss out with 1 loss

3 minutes ago, Hokiefan4life said:

Yea that would be a ❤ breaker if they finish in a 3 way tie for one of the team's if they draw from a hat. Especially the g-men if they miss out with 1 loss

Apparently they would also draw with any M7 teams that finished 4-1, too. It's the top 4 teams regardless of district. So if you have 6 4-1 teams, 2 of them won't make it. Would be wild.

Just a few scenarios base on the Abingdon and OOD games NOT counting.

Everyone splits and only has 1 loss.

Rank Team Record Points Rating
1.) Graham 4-1 96 19.2
2.) Richlands 4-1 96 19.2
3.) Tazewell 4-1 96 19.2
4.) Union 4-1 93 18.6
5.) Ridgeview 3-1 73 18.25
6.) Central-Wise 3-1 72 18

I fully expect Central to defeat Union, and if Ridgeview does too.

1.) Central-Wise 4-0 86 21.5
2.) Graham 4-1 96 19.2
3.) Richlands 4-1 96 19.2
4.) Tazewell 4-1 96 19.2
5.) Ridgeview 3-1 72 18
6.) Union 3-2 79 15.8

And if Union defeats Ridgeview.

2.) Graham 4-1 96 19.2
4.) Tazewell 4-1 96 19.2
5.) Union 4-1 92 18.4
6.) Battle, John 2-1 48 16

At this point, if you have 2 losses, you're out. Realistically, only Tazewell is assured a playoff spot, unless they are MAJORLY upset by VaHigh.

14 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Just a few scenarios base on the Abingdon and OOD games NOT counting.

Everyone splits and only has 1 loss.

1.) Graham 4-1 96 19.2
2.) Richlands 4-1 96 19.2
3.) Tazewell 4-1 96 19.2
4.) Union 4-1 93 18.6
5.) Ridgeview 3-1 73 18.25
6.) Central-Wise 3-1 72 18

I fully expect Central to defeat Union, and if Ridgeview does too.

2.) Graham 4-1 96 19.2
4.) Tazewell 4-1 96 19.2
5.) Ridgeview 3-1 72 18
6.) Union 3-2 79 15.8

And if Union defeats Ridgeview.

2.) Graham 4-1 96 19.2
4.) Tazewell 4-1 96 19.2
5.) Union 4-1 92 18.4
6.) Battle, John 2-1 48 16

At this point, if you have 2 losses, you're out. Realistically, only Tazewell is assured a playoff spot, unless they are MAJORLY upset by VaHigh.

I appreciate that analysis immensely.  I’m not sure that a 3-way split in the SWD is the likeliest outcome.  I think it’s more likely that either Graham or Tazewell end up at 5-0 and the other ends up at 4-1 (with Richlands at 3-2).  Especially with the Battle cancellations, that has huge ramifications in the district standings if Power Points are indeed the standard.

37 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I appreciate that analysis immensely.  I’m not sure that a 3-way split in the SWD is the likeliest outcome.  I think it’s more likely that either Graham or Tazewell end up at 5-0 and the other ends up at 4-1 (with Richlands at 3-2).  Especially with the Battle cancellations, that has huge ramifications in the district standings if Power Points are indeed the standard.

With that many 1 loss teams I am not sure the Battle game would not end up counting as a forfeit as it not only hurts RV and Central but Union in loss of possible rider points 

Personally if there are that many 1 loss teams i would not mind seeing the region let in 6 teams  2 teams get a bi 1st Game on Wed 2nd game the following Monday then Championship Saturday (Because drawing teams from a hat is a smack in the face for whoever is left out) 

Probably not going to happen that way 

From my source who is a VHSL Ref. Region D is taking the top 2 teams from each district not just the top 4 overall. But that's just my source. So say Richlands outpoints Union and Ridgeview but finished 3rd in the SWD Richlands would still not make it.

12 minutes ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

From my source who is a VHSL Ref. Region D is taking the top 2 teams from each district not just the top 4 overall. But that's just my source. So say Richlands outpoints Union and Ridgeview but finished 3rd in the SWD Richlands would still not make it.

To me that makes the most sense and is the logical way to do it.

9 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

I just wish that Region D would put out a statement to clarify, because Richlands’s understanding is at odds with the understanding from multiple others around the Region.  It likely won’t matter, but if it turned out to matter, it could get awfully ugly.

#this 

if teams went into that first game thinking it counted then the rules were changed, that’s not good. No clear written statement from Region D officials at this point in the season isn’t good either. 

Looking at the current ratings just released, is 2A even playing???

Nottoway 2 2A James River 1 0 0 1 0 0 22.00000
King William 2 2A Tidewater 3 0 0 1 0 0 19.33333
Randolph-Henry 2 2A James River 1 0 0 1 0 0 18.00000
Amelia Co. 2 2A James River 2 2 0 1 2 0 14.00000
Poquoson 2 2A Bay Rivers 1 2 0 1 2 0 13.00000
Bruton 2 2A Bay Rivers 0 2 0 0 2 0 10.00000
Windsor 2 2A Tri-Rivers 0 2 0 0 1 0 8.50000
Arcadia 2 2A Eastern Shore-A 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.00000
Nandua 2 2A Eastern Shore-A 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.00000

23 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

#this 

if teams went into that first game thinking it counted then the rules were changed, that’s not good. No clear written statement from Region D officials at this point in the season isn’t good either. 

I’m now all but certain that the SWD +1’s and the M7 vs Abingdon do not count. There’s still some difference of opinion on if it’s the top 2 per region or just the top 4 overall, but those games won’t count. 

On 3/22/2021 at 5:00 PM, UNION'S HAMMER said:

The Region D athletic directors voted on this before the season.  It is the top 4 teams out of the region, regardless of district.  Feel free to ask your school athletic directors.  It is also of understanding that the 1st Graham vs. Richlands game didn’t count in terms fully of points in the region.

3 hours ago, Hokies1977 said:

If Richlands beats graham they make the playoffs but what if they lose to Graham?

Richlands only chance at a potential playoff bid is a win over Graham. And even then — it’s not entirely guaranteed I don’t believe. Now if Tazewell beats Graham on Saturday — then next week would basically be a play-in game in Bluefield. 

On 3/22/2021 at 11:26 AM, Counts said:

With that many 1 loss teams I am not sure the Battle game would not end up counting as a forfeit as it not only hurts RV and Central but Union in loss of possible rider points  

Battles refusal to make up the Central and Ridgeview games(even on their bye week) screws the district in terms of seeding via rider points. Complete bs. Its a weak move by the Trojans.