favorite in the southwest district and pre-season stand out players to watch?

Unscoutable12

4 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Harris is the best player on that team.  Creasy is the next best player on that team, in my opinion.  You have to get the ball in the hands of your playmakers and that's what Tazewell did.  Fortunately, a few kids developed into playmakers as the season went on.  I think the ball gets spread around a bit more this year, but they will still be a pass first team.  I am optimistic that the run game will take a little bit of pressure off of the QB this year.

Tazewell’s line should be considerably improved.  They return everyone and add 2 legitimate freshmen who may very well start Day 1.  So long as Creasy is under center, Tazewell will be pass-first.  But I don’t expect the running game to be a total liability this year.  

19 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

As a Tazewell fan, do you think the other kid could have been used in a similar manner?  From the outside looking in, it appeared to me he could have been.  He was bigger and with similar speed.  I don’t know the kid personally, nor the dad, just ended up having a long conversation with him.  He had his facts and stats at the ready, though (YPC, TD ratio, etc.). Dude had a solid argument.  Some of the board seem to give no credence that the Coach might actually have given Preference to his own kid. If there is one thing this region has shown me it’s that “daddy ball” can be a real thing….just don’t usually see it at the HS level.  I’m curious as to the thoughts of the Bulldog people on the board since they don’t have to speak I hypotheticals.

Assuming we are talking about the same person, he is a solid player and to me is a much better fit as a blocking TE.  Defensively he is very stout as well.  I get the whole nepotism argument and it doesn't give the best look that's for sure.  However two things there, first, he is by far the best overall athlete on the field.  Second, what could his brother have done given a full season the one year and one less cheap shot the previous year?

There were two other receivers that were great as well last year and they had their fair shares of balls thrown their way as well.  Statistically, those other two dropped far more passes than Harris did as well.

Lots of factors there I have to say but bottom line is he is the best WR on the team.  

14 hours ago, BigWinners said:

The ball travels downfield much quicker in the air than on the ground, if they can attack downfield that would force cushion and create a lot of space to run and work middle of field. 

O Line has to give you enough time to get it down the field first...

That was a problem last year

59 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

Tazewell going to be tough to beat…talent at all positions..even freshman. SWD Champs!

I had a look at the G-men the other day for a few minutes.  Good gracious those kids are big and strong looking.  I'm pulling for the dogs to have a good year, but it will be a tall task.  

Tazewell could go 6-4 or 7-3 and still have a very good team, they have some very strong opponents early on.

3 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I had a look at the G-men the other day for a few minutes.  Good gracious those kids are big and strong looking.  I'm pulling for the dogs to have a good year, but it will be a tall task.  

Tazewell could go 6-4 or 7-3 and still have a very good team, they have some very strong opponents early on.

It would be nice to see a new face on top of the SWD.  Richlands and Graham have ruled for 25 years!

There has to be a new team at the top because Graham didn't win any 7v7's tournaments so they will obviously suck. Please do not waste time watching film or game planning for the Gmen, as it will be a cake walk and you will smash them. Do not believe other posters saying "Graham looks big," or "Graham is going to be tough," those are just homers hoping for the best. 

If you cannot win in t-shirts playing touch football, you cannot and will not win with pads and helmets on. Those are just facts people!

image.jpeg.ac8ee192b8cc3dee2c9e43b763497b8f.jpeg

3 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

More like 35

Tazewell won a state title in 1986 and had their way with Richlands the whole decade with the exception of the ‘84 upset where Bryian Beavers went off and the Blues shocked the heavily favored Dawgs. They won their fair share against Graham as well.  I think the ‘89 title for Graham was the beginning of the current run.  

2 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Tazewell won a state title in 1986 and had their way with Richlands the whole decade with the exception of the ‘84 upset where Bryian Beavers went off and the Blues shocked the heavily favored Dawgs. They won their fair share against Graham as well.  I think the ‘89 title for Graham was the beginning of the current run.  

Pardon me, 33 years...

On 7/20/2022 at 7:23 PM, UVAObserver said:

Tazewell’s line should be considerably improved.  They return everyone and add 2 legitimate freshmen who may very well start Day 1.  So long as Creasy is under center, Tazewell will be pass-first.  But I don’t expect the running game to be a total liability this year.  

So I watched that middle school team last year a lot and they couldn’t block anyone which ones would potentially start day one? I know they have a couple decent skill kids but the lineman struggled to block at all and I think most of the size they had were 7th graders 

3 hours ago, techfan said:

So I watched that middle school team last year a lot and they couldn’t block anyone which ones would potentially start day one? I know they have a couple decent skill kids but the lineman struggled to block at all and I think most of the size they had were 7th graders 

Couldn't block anyone?  Not one single kid?  Really?

3 hours ago, techfan said:

The majority size last year was 8th graders. 4-5 upcoming freshmen linemen over 6’1”. The couple that will most likely get some varsity playing time will be around 6’1” 275 lbs & 6’3” 315 lbs. Both can move really well for their size and have been conditioning since the beginning of the year. 

21 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Couldn't block anyone?  Not one single kid?  Really?

My kid was on the team and played quite a bit I think they went the first three games and never got a first down most games they never held the other team to a third down. 

21 hours ago, EH31 said:

The majority size last year was 8th graders. 4-5 upcoming freshmen linemen over 6’1”. The couple that will most likely get some varsity playing time will be around 6’1” 275 lbs & 6’3” 315 lbs. Both can move really well for their size and have been conditioning since the beginning of the year. 

I think one of those may have been hurt last year so I’m not sure how much he got to play I’m glad he’s back I’ll have to ask my son about the other I can’t think of who it would be