Scrimmages/Benefit games

redtiger

On 8/19/2022 at 10:05 PM, Union_Fan said:

That's when I left too. Don't think much else happened. Final was 32 - 20, Bears.

Impressed with GW tonight though.

GW should be really good this year and will be a force in class one. What about Union?

4 hours ago, MT FAN 91 said:

GW should be really good this year and will be a force in class one. What about Union?

Union's line looked much better against Elizabethton, but GW was stacking the box so not a direct comparison. 

When the Bears lined up in the T, they looked pretty good. They were obviously working on some spread and Pro Set concepts, and the line had a hard time blocking for that.

Secondary is really young, and will give up some big plays this year. The run D is pretty solid.

They could go 7-3 or 10-0 depending on injuries and how the younger players adapt.

On 8/19/2022 at 9:34 PM, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

Tazewells varsity team don’t have much to worry about. I was very impressed. I’m pretty impressed with our JV team also. I think they are on there way to having a very successful season!

The coaching staff quite obviously used the game as a developmental session, which I think is the correct move in a game that ultimately means nothing in the standings.  

I was impressed with Chilhowie’s reserves, especially their QB, who made some timely reads and throws.  The future looks pretty bright for their crew.