Scrimmages/Benefit games

redtiger

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

GW can beat the Riverheads??  

If GW is improved like a few have said, they good give Galax a battle and possibly even clip em in regular season, but no way I would bet on it.  And, even if GW were to clip Galax in regular season, I would bet the house on Galax come playoff time when the chips are down and the lights are on.

10 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Don't know if they can beat RH, but they're giving Union more than they want.

They must have improved or coaches are doing a better job. We’ve heard on here the past couple seasons from GW folks how bad coaching is…guess they’ve turned the corner if they’re giving Union a run for their money.

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

They must have improved or coaches are doing a better job. We’ve heard on here the past couple seasons from GW folks how bad coaching is…guess they’ve turned the corner if they’re going Union a run for their money.

Union playing 4or 5 freshman not sure if they’re resting players or thats our starters 

Greg Mance's Loris Lyons 8, Green Sea Floyds 0, 2nd qtr.  1st game of the regular season in S. Carolina.

For any diehard Mance fans or those wishing they were in the Myrtle Beach area, here's the listening link

TrojansRadio.com The Home of Green Sea Floyds High School Sports (tigerradio.com)

2 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

They must have improved or coaches are doing a better job. We’ve heard on here the past couple seasons from GW folks how bad coaching is…guess they’ve turned the corner if they’re going Union a run for their money.

They look good to me. They're holding their own on the line, getting pressure on our QB, and have had a good mix of play calling.

Considering they're class 1, I think that says a lot.

4 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Union playing 4or 5 freshman not sure if they’re resting players or thats our starters 

Same starting lineup against Betsy on O.

Same front 7 on D. They rotated so many at DB, I'm not sure who all played against Betsy.

It’s easy to see what has the Galax coaching staff so excited about Tommy Jones. He’s a 6’-2” 185 pound 14 year old freshman. Man, is he an electric athlete and seems to have a solid grasp of the offense. 

He’s very young and very raw but he won’t play many games this season where he isn’t head and shoulders, the best athlete on the field. Especially if he is the JV QB. 

1 minute ago, Union_Fan said:

Same starting lineup against Betsy on O.

Same front 7 on D. They rotated so many at DB, I'm not sure who all played against Betsy.

2 4 28 are freshman but getting too blind to see some of the other numbers 

7 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Yeah watched him in JV last season he’s pretty impressive but confused why they have him covering a receiver 

Guess that's what a benefit game is for. Throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.