Tazewell Vs Va high

bulldog05-CO2017

A lot of tazewell folks are saying they have an improved run D but according to the paper Chilhowie rushed for 235 yards. A good chunk of those yards where with the 1s Chilhowie really pushed that line around which was surprising to me looking at the size difference. Now a lot of those yard where because Chilhowie was able to confuse tazewell with a lot of moving parts most of which can be fixed if a staff has 2 films to game plan with but tackling was not a strong suit for the bulldogs in that one. 

With that being said. I have not seen VA high yet but IF Jones is 100% this could be a shoot out. VA highs weakness on D is against the run so Tazewell needs to run the ball and chew clock to have a chance. VA high has athletes to match Tazewells so throwing it around all night is just playing into their hand. I honestly am going to call this a toss up depends on the coaching staffs in this one IMO and who ever is willing to attack the other teams weakness. If Jones is out Tazewell by 2 scores if not it comes down to who can kick an extra point.

On 8/21/2022 at 5:26 PM, UVAObserver said:

Sprained hip flexor from what I’ve heard, and if that’s accurate, that’s something that isn’t going to be 100% by November, much less by Friday.  One of those injuries where he may well be able to play but will cause him a great deal of discomfort and some loss of mobility.

Where in the world did you hear that?  Sprained “HIP FLEXOR”?  

18 hours ago, Jags52 said:

A lot of tazewell folks are saying they have an improved run D but according to the paper Chilhowie rushed for 235 yards. A good chunk of those yards where with the 1s Chilhowie really pushed that line around which was surprising to me looking at the size difference. Now a lot of those yard where because Chilhowie was able to confuse tazewell with a lot of moving parts most of which can be fixed if a staff has 2 films to game plan with but tackling was not a strong suit for the bulldogs in that one. 

With that being said. I have not seen VA high yet but IF Jones is 100% this could be a shoot out. VA highs weakness on D is against the run so Tazewell needs to run the ball and chew clock to have a chance. VA high has athletes to match Tazewells so throwing it around all night is just playing into their hand. I honestly am going to call this a toss up depends on the coaching staffs in this one IMO and who ever is willing to attack the other teams weakness. If Jones is out Tazewell by 2 scores if not it comes down to who can kick an extra point.

Chilhowie's most successful play of the evening was misdirection out of their double-wing.  Send the A-back in motion.  Fake the handoff off-tackle to the HB, give to the A-back cutting inside.  They ran that play 8 or so times, and gained probably 60 yards out of it.  As you say though, that provides good film session fodder for maintaining gap discipline and avoiding getting caught on your heels.  

It's going to be an excellent game Friday night.

I was leaning toward the Bulldogs in this matchup until I read BHC's SWD preview. Apparently Conner Creasy has replaced Carter Creasy at QB. I just question the strategy of having a Division 1 golfer run your offense.  https://heraldcourier.com/sports/2022-southwest-district-football-preview-capsules/article_a2e10a58-2424-11ed-a79e-c7bc37482dab.html

12 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

I was leaning toward the Bulldogs in this matchup until I read BHC's SWD preview. Apparently Conner Creasy has replaced Carter Creasy at QB. I just question the strategy of having a Division 1 golfer run your offense.  https://heraldcourier.com/sports/2022-southwest-district-football-preview-capsules/article_a2e10a58-2424-11ed-a79e-c7bc37482dab.html

Bristol paper and messed up on names a few times that I have caught so far. They are on the struggle bus this year

43 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Damn, the BHC blew our surprise strategy.  😠

2 hours ago, Jags52 said:

Bristol paper and messed up on names a few times that I have caught so far. They are on the struggle bus this year

But yet they have his name right in the roster.  Noticed they did it again in the predictions as well.

This game went exactly as everyone predicted.  Tazewell rushed a scant 49 times for just 341 yards.  Creasy threw a whopping 11 times, 0 of which went to Harris.  Tazewell’s D was gashed to the tune of 70 rushing yards.  Ho hum, nothing to see here.  

Impressive performance in this one by Kaizon Taylor and Cassius Harris in this one. Taylor’s run in his 65-yard catch was impressive. I don’t know if such stiff arms have been thrown on Witten Field since an opposing tailback in navy and white did so in 2011.