Tazewell Vs Va high

bulldog05-CO2017

I believe Tazewell has a improved run defense, but has some issues to resolve from the benefit game. We have some weapons on offense that looked to be in tune. Not to sure what Va High will bring to the table outside the run game. It’ll be a really good test for both early in the year. I’m gonna give Tazewell the nod by 7.  48-42 Tazewell 

This game comes down to whether or not Va High knows how to utilize Brody Jones, the best athlete on the field.  I know the Dawgs are gonna yell about Harris and I understand that.  Jones is bigger, stronger and faster but I’m not sure Va High knows how to wield that as a weapon.  VT is offering Jones a PWO for a position he hasn’t played until this year (LB)….kid is heck of an athlete.  I’m curious to see if he puts it together on defense.

I still see two teams with athletes and skill, average at best OL and spotty defenses.  Could go either way so I’m going with the home team.

26 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I’m just curious if you both are the same person using different accounts with the same profile pic while having a conversation with yourself. 

The admins can tell if a person is using multiple accounts I think??? Something to do with IP address. If it makes the board more interesting, I’m okay with one person having multiple conversations with oneself. It’s probably therapeutic (I only play a doctor on a sports board) 😂

2 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

The admins can tell if a person is using multiple accounts I think??? Something to do with IP address. If it makes the board more interesting, I’m okay with one person having multiple conversations with oneself. 😂😂😂

It ain’t the same person, it’s me, and then the other one is my brother. I got him to change his pic. 

Seen Virginia High and hour ago on NFHS against GC (GC very improved by the way).  Virginia High has some speed, but their DL was pushed off the ball by GC and GC had some gashing runs on them. VH had explosive plays on GC. I don't think VH is as good as last year.  They aren't bad, but just a notch down from last year imo.  I think Tazewell is slightly better than last year.  I watched em on NFHS against Radford and Chilhowie. I think Tazewell has a big ceiling with the inexperienced line which is pretty big and talented, but raw and will take some time to develop.  Tazewell is going to be a whole lot better in game 8 compared to game 1 by a big stretch as those linemen develop.  I think the Dogs win the game by 7 points (1 TD).

48 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Seen Virginia High and hour ago on NFHS against GC (GC very improved by the way).  Virginia High has some speed, but their DL was pushed off the ball by GC and GC had some gashing runs on them. VH had explosive plays on GC. I don't think VH is as good as last year.  They aren't bad, but just a notch down from last year imo.  I think Tazewell is slightly better than last year.  I watched em on NFHS against Radford and Chilhowie. I think Tazewell has a big ceiling with the inexperienced line which is pretty big and talented, but raw and will take some time to develop.  Tazewell is going to be a whole lot better in game 8 compared to game 1 by a big stretch as those linemen develop.  I think the Dogs win the game by 7 points (1 TD).

I’d go more like 6 due to never being able to succeed at field goals. (Nothing against them for that) cause anyone that’s ever tried to kick one from even the placement of a PAT It’s not easy. I was looking at the roster for Tazewell and they have some big ole boys, freshmen, and looks from the middle school game/scrimmage they will have plenty of talent and size coming for the next couple of years! 

I was at Chilhowie last night right behind the Bulldog's sideline.  I wasn't impressed with Tazewell's size and they have no interest in running the ball even though that is what they should do with #1 who appears to be a nice back.  The qb has a nice pocket presence but has zero time to get through any progressions.  He looks at his first route and then has to escape.  I haven't seen the Bearcats but I know enough about them and their coach that I will take Virginia High in this one.   

44 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I’ll take Tazewell in a close. Hope Jones from VA High is okay. 

Jones is fine, was a precaution. VA High has been very plain in scrimmage season. This game will be interesting 

20 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I’m just curious if you both are the same person using different accounts with the same profile pic while having a conversation with yourself. 

They aren’t — but there are a “pair” of GW posters who are the same person… 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 8/20/2022 at 3:09 AM, V-Cats said:

Jones left in the 2nd with an apparent injury vs Gate City, hopefully he'll be back to full strength on Friday 

Sprained hip flexor from what I’ve heard, and if that’s accurate, that’s something that isn’t going to be 100% by November, much less by Friday.  One of those injuries where he may well be able to play but will cause him a great deal of discomfort and some loss of mobility.

17 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Sprained hip flexor from what I’ve heard, and if that’s accurate, that’s something that isn’t going to be 100% by November, much less by Friday.  One of those injuries where he may well be able to play but will cause him a great deal of discomfort and some loss of mobility.

I hate to see any athlete injured! I hope the best for him.